[RELEASE] Bash Bunny Firmware v1.2

Sebkinne

We are excited to announce the Bash Bunny Firmware v1.2!

With it we fixed a couple of big bugs (payloads getting cancelled after 1.5 minutes and RNDIS not working with other attackmodes), and added a new RO_STORAGE attackmode. We also added a new command to QUACK, and now allow some settings such as the ducky language to be set in a config.txt file. 

More features, fixes and experiences in the full changelog - so hop on over to BashBunny.com/downloads and nab version 1.2 today!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

As an Aussie, I'm proud to see the Sydney Opera House as this version's 'image'.

What's with the fork?

Also, FIRST!

it's not the FIRST! that the Sydney Opera House has been featured.

Edited by Jtyle6

When you plug in the bunny in arming mode your file directory will have a text file labeled version or something like that and it should say 1.2-xxx

33 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

So then what is the fork for?

The codename of this release was dinglehopper. A fork is a dinglehopper as mentioned in the Little Mermaid. I'd love to know why they chose that codename and the connection with the Little Mermaid.

• Upvote 1

Maybe they were watching the little mermaid with there child and thinking what a good name. But on the other hand all the firmwares have a number after them 1.1-167, 1.2-xxx maybe all the firmware names are related to the little mermaid or maybe im crazy. both are possible.

Maybe these firmware names are based on disney movies, just a thought, hey @Sebkinne not to get to personal but who at the shop watched little mermaid last lol.

edit: I think im more intrigued with this firmware naming than the device today.

Edited by b0N3z
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Maybe they were watching the little mermaid with there child and thinking what a good name. But on the other hand all the firmwares have a number after them 1.1-167, 1.2-xxx maybe all the firmware names are related to the little mermaid or maybe im crazy. both are possible.

We'll take the secret to our graves.. maybe.

5 hours ago, b0N3z said:

who at the shop watched little mermaid last lol.

Could very well be Darren, but my money is on Perin or Sara :D

Yeah, I am not the first but updated the firmware last night.  Bunny is up and running.  Still have to test to see if the combos work now.  :-)

I was going to follow a theme with my projects too based off my github name (since it is a twist from the cartoon "Epic MagicSword".)  It started to sound cheesy so decided not to.

3 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Yeah, I am not the first but updated the firmware last night.  Bunny is up and running.  Still have to test to see if the combos work now.  :-)

I was going to follow a theme with my projects too based off my github name (since it is a twist from the cartoon "Epic MagicSword".)  It started to sound cheesy so decided not to.

Yeah, the ATTACKMODE combos work nicely now :)

I know that because my payload used both attackmodes at once - and then I found what I was doing wasn't viable so I didn't need ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET HID, just needed ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET, lol.

2 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Yeah, the ATTACKMODE combos work nicely now :)

I know that because my payload used both attackmodes at once - and then I found what I was doing wasn't viable so I didn't need ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET HID, just needed ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET, lol.

Yeah, it is working...though.  Anyone have the trick to keep the machine you plug the bunny into from trying to use the bunny as the primary internet connect so windowsupdate can install the drivers for it?  Never figured out how to keep the bunny from dropping keeping the machine's NIC from going online when in NIC ethernet mode.

3 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Yeah, it is working...though.  Anyone have the trick to keep the machine you plug the bunny into from trying to use the bunny as the primary internet connect so windowsupdate can install the drivers for it?  Never figured out how to keep the bunny from dropping keeping the machine's NIC from going online when in NIC ethernet mode.

Mm, I've noticed that...

Bridge the connections? :P
Just kidding, don't do that.

Why not point the drivers to the BB, as the BB has the drivers on it? E.g. when it is plugged in, go to Device Manager, find the unknown device (Bunny in disguise), manually install the drivers by pointing the folder at the BB.

8 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Next firmware :) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Next firmware :) 

Lol.  It is totally cool.  At least it is possible to get them both up.

Yeah, when I tested the RNDIS device pulled its update from windowsupdate but then the HID wanted to too but got stuck because the machine was trying to get an internet connect through the BB instead of its NIC.  If it loaded the HID first I would have never noticed this could happen hehe.

8 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Mm, I've noticed that...

Bridge the connections? :P
Just kidding, don't do that.

Why not point the drivers to the BB, as the BB has the drivers on it? E.g. when it is plugged in, go to Device Manager, find the unknown device (Bunny in disguise), manually install the drivers by pointing the folder at the BB.

Thought about that also, but then that would be an extra pre-attack combo.  HID STORAGE first to Q install the drivers and then switch to HID RNDIS_ETHERNET for the normal attack.  Still a two stage attack mode except one is used to load drivers.

11 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Thought about that also, but then that would be an extra pre-attack combo.  HID STORAGE first to Q install the drivers and then switch to HID RNDIS_ETHERNET for the normal attack.  Still a two stage attack mode except one is used to load drivers.

Python server, bud. :)

Or PHP...

Or SMB...

Or FTP...

EDIT: @Sebkinne Also got a major problem. ATTACKMODE HID RNDIS_ETHERNET is not working again, deciding only to act as an HID.
Why you do dis...

EDIT2: Found the reason why; it is looking for drivers on the Bunny's flashdrive - however, obviously, they cannot be found because it isn't in STORAGE mode for the device manager to access it...

How is one meant to fix that when
1. You don't have internet to download the drivers (plus, you would have to wait for it to finish anyway and the payload doesn't know that)

2. The only other way to fix it is to be in RNDIS mode and install the driver from a webserver - but that requires you to be in HID and RNDIS_ETHERNET mode...

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

Updated this morning with no problems. One suggestion though. Maybe the Step by Step instructions should add a note that any previously installed tools (i.e. impacket and Responder) need to be re-installed after the update, and maybe a note to recommend editing config.txt to change the DUCKY_LANG setting. Just for newbies like me (although it didn't take me long to figure it out).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pmurton said:

Updated this morning with no problems. One suggestion though. Maybe the Step by Step instructions should add a note that any previously installed tools (i.e. impacket and Responder) need to be re-installed after the update, and maybe a note to recommend editing config.txt to change the DUCKY_LANG setting. Just for newbies like me (although it didn't take me long to figure it out).

Agreed. Didn't realise I had to reinstall impacket until my SMB server stopped working lol.

• Sebkinne unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...