[Official] wps

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zylla said:

I've compiled the latest version of libpcap that i could find on the LEDE repos. (Version 1.8.1)
Link here: https://mega.nz/#!atdFiRLA!gjnqKAxCd2w_2vBTpVstwYkaHbbZE_dSWHe3N1T0kkM

If you get an error about missing libpcap.so.1.1 when running reaver, just sym-link the library yourself :)
It should be located within /usr/lib/

You are Alpha Hero AF!!!!  Thanks man!!! 

I understand how to symlink, but I want to make damned sure I get it right with the paths, etc. 

Would you be kind enough to provide a simple step-by-step by providing the "ln" command with proper switches, paths, permissions if needed, etc?  I really don't want to screw it up as this sort of fix is not my forte nor something I do on the regular.

Zylla, I'll happily send you some $$ for the efforts on your part to take care of this issue to buy a rack of brews or whatever you like if you can take those of us who aren't quite as sure of themselves across the finish line on resolving this issue and get it working by providing some simple complete steps to implementing your fix.  I hope a few others where this issue directly affected their ability to perform necessary work using this tool would also chip in even a few bucks and show Zylla some appreciation as well for taking the time to get it resolved and share it with us. 

P.S.  I rewrote this reply leaving a LOT of other stuff probably best left unsaid out of my reply.  Suffice it to say I'm extremely disappointed , particularly as a long time Hak5 supporter both financially and socially. 

Thanks again Zylla for taking your own personal time to provide a fix for this.  For me, it means the difference between this $200 Tetra remaining in a box to sell, or actually using for it's intended purpose, in my case, by deploying it as a remote pentesting platform in order to provide a comprehensive report to the requesting entity. 

10 hours ago, hfam said:

You are Alpha Hero AF!!!!  Thanks man!!! 

I understand how to symlink, but I want to make damned sure I get it right with the paths, etc. 

Would you be kind enough to provide a simple step-by-step by providing the "ln" command with proper switches, paths, permissions if needed, etc?  I really don't want to screw it up as this sort of fix is not my forte nor something I do on the regular.

Zylla, I'll happily send you some $$ for the efforts on your part to take care of this issue to buy a rack of brews or whatever you like if you can take those of us who aren't quite as sure of themselves across the finish line on resolving this issue and get it working by providing some simple complete steps to implementing your fix.  I hope a few others where this issue directly affected their ability to perform necessary work using this tool would also chip in even a few bucks and show Zylla some appreciation as well for taking the time to get it resolved and share it with us. 

P.S.  I rewrote this reply leaving a LOT of other stuff probably best left unsaid out of my reply.  Suffice it to say I'm extremely disappointed , particularly as a long time Hak5 supporter both financially and socially. 

Thanks again Zylla for taking your own personal time to provide a fix for this.  For me, it means the difference between this $200 Tetra remaining in a box to sell, or actually using for it's intended purpose, in my case, by deploying it as a remote pentesting platform in order to provide a comprehensive report to the requesting entity. 

Thanks for showing appreciation. I have to state that i have not tested that this version of libpcap is actually working with wash 100%.
I just compiled it yesterday when i found this thread and found out that people was actually looking for a "fix" for this issue.
The reason i haven't fully tested it is because my home-router has no WPS support.
But i did try to launch wash, and it didn't exit at once like it usually does on version 1.5.

If it doesn't work with this newest version i can quickly compile a lower version that we know are working, so that those people who want to get that functionality can get it.
Though the best route would be to compile the programs with the static library.

Now over to the step-by-step thing you talked about:
To install this package you need to get the ipk file over to your Pineapple (WinSCP, or SCP on linux works like a charm)
Then get a terminal on your Pineapple by using SSH.
CD to the directory that contains the package.
And install it by issuing: opkg install libpcap_1.8.1-1_ar71xx.ipk
To install it to your sd-card use this command: opkg install libpcap_1.8.1-1_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd

Sym-linking method i used:
I installed the library to my sd-card, so it didn't get installed to /usr/lib but rather /sd/usr/lib
So i did this to sym-link the library: ln -s /sd/usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.1
After i did that wash didn't complain about missing libpcap.so.1.1 anymore.

I repeat again, i just compiled the latest version i found. If it doesn't work i can gladly compile a lower version that we know are working. :)
If you're happy about my work and feel like buying me a beer, my paypal is: adde88@gmail.com :happy:

Little update. I can confirm that wash does indeed work with libpcap version 1.8.1 that i posted in my last post.
There's no need to downgrade libpcap to an earlier version.
I've tested it with version 1.3 - 1.5 - and 1.8.1. The only one that didn't work was 1.5 (which is shipped on the Pineapples at the moment.)

You just need to get the sym-linking correct, after upgrading to version 1.8.1. And it should work.
If you get a problem with wash not showing any output at all, make sure that the folder /etc/reaver/ exists.
It could be that you have installed reaver to your sd-card, and then it's located at /sd/etc/reaver
If so, just sym-link that folder like this: ln -s /sd/etc/reaver /etc/reaver

That should be it. It's working for me at least. If you get any issues, just contact me here :)

PoC:
7SOUg9r.png

Brother, you're awesome.  I won't get to this until tomorrow unfortunately, but until then I wanted to let you know how grateful I am for all your help and for your quick and thorough response.  

So while I can't get it done til tomorrow, I can shoot ya some brew money tonight, check your acct in a few.

I'll be back to let ya know how it went, and I guarantee I'm not alone in my gratitude.  If you've been waiting for this fix as I have, let's get Zylla some appreciation cash, gang. 

Thx again bro, be back tomorrow, all kindza excited to get it fixed!!

hf

On 10/04/2017 at 10:44 AM, Zylla said:

I've tested it with version 1.3 - 1.5 - and 1.8.1. The only one that didn't work was 1.5 (which is shipped on the Pineapples at the moment.)

Looks like my hunch was correct after all. Thank you Zylla for making it a reality!

I forgot to mention that the reason you are getting warnings about missing libpcap.so.1.3 when trying to run Reaver/wash/Bully, is because those programs are compiled with that version of libpcap. If you want to get rid of those warnings, you would need to either sym-link, or compile Reaver, Bully etc. with the newest libpcap.

So i've also compiled Bully and Reaver alongside libpcap-1.8.1.
This is not the "normal" version of Bully or Reaver. It's Aanarchyy's and t6x version, which has added Pixiewps functionality. (Works better in my opinion)

So installing these, should let you avoid sym-linking after installing libpcap :)

Source repos. are listed here:
https://github.com/t6x/reaver-wps-fork-t6x
https://github.com/aanarchyy/bully

Link to IPK's below:
Reaverhttps://mega.nz/#!75EikSzL!L0Ux0hhm-R8YvSjHqoZ9wRHxBsiS6VFxW2adkLFuCfE
Bullyhttps://mega.nz/#!2oNj0YgA!1PzGr-JxbjPO1DAl4x7SCfCVtg4LtXPk6lLl82V0r8U
libpcap-1.8.1https://mega.nz/#!atdFiRLA!gjnqKAxCd2w_2vBTpVstwYkaHbbZE_dSWHe3N1T0kkM

Man, I don't even know how to say thanks other than to encourage some others who this helps to also send Zylla a few bucks.  This is fantastic, thanks brother!  Sent a PM with a few questions given the new compilations of Bully and Reaver.

Essentially asking for a new step-by-step to install these correctly to a Tetra with no external storage.  I definitely don't want to screw things up by assuming I know something that may not be correct. 

I have PuTTY and WinSCP, used them extensively, but things like knowing what path/dir to copy these ipk's to before running the opkg install routine, if I must install them to external storage (currently i don't have any on my Tetra, hoping I don't require external storage to install these), etc, would be great and reassuring to have a known routine to perform this correctly.  I'm guessing i'm probably not the only one with these questions, but sometimes I feel like it. :)  I'm not ashamed to say that i learn a great deal from doing these tasks while learning them from folks who know what they're doing, so I really appreciate all your work and any assistance you can provide to perform this correctly would be also greatly appreciated.

Thanks Zylla, and thanks to Just_A_User as well, you definitely hit the mark in your post on this regarding the later version of libpcap!

hf

I gave these commands a shot and ran into an error when trying to install the versions of reaver and bully you linked to.

root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg install libpcap_1.8.1-1_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing libpcap (1.8.1-1) to sd...
Configuring libpcap.
root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg install bully_1.1-31_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing bully (1.1-31) to sd...
Configuring bully.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.list': No such file or directory
root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg install reaver_Big_endian-1_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing reaver (Big_endian-1) to sd...
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package reaver sha256sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try                  'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package reaver.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, sbb said:

I gave these commands a shot and ran into an error when trying to install the versions of reaver and bully you linked to.

root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg install libpcap_1.8.1-1_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing libpcap (1.8.1-1) to sd...
Configuring libpcap.
root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg install bully_1.1-31_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing bully (1.1-31) to sd...
Configuring bully.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.list': No such file or directory
root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg install reaver_Big_endian-1_ar71xx.ipk --dest sd
Installing reaver (Big_endian-1) to sd...
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package reaver sha256sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try                  'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package reaver.

Any thoughts?

opkg install --force-checksum "name_of.ipk"

Doing it like i wrote above removes the need to sym-link the library when using reaver and bully, but in hindsight it seems like it might be a good idea to sym-link afterall. Reaver and Bully is not the only stuff that relies on libpcap.
Here's a list of all the programs that will give an error message about missing libpcap.so.1.3 after upgrading libpcap on a default tetra.

libnet0
libnet1
pinesniffer
aircrack-ng
ngrep
tcpdump
nmap
p0f
asleap
ncat
ettercap
dsniff
reaver
bully

And i cannot compile all these myself. For example pinesniffer which is essential to the Pineapple, needs to be compiled by Hak5.
So just make the sym-link as i show below after installing all the ipk.

ln -s /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.3

Just wanted to say thanks again to Zylla for his help in actually bringing WPS functionality to the Tetra.  Confirming the above works flawlessly, and though I haven't tried everything else, I have every reason to trust Zylla's info regarding the symlink making sure the other core proggys won't break.

Regarding Whistle Master's handiwork, good LORD man, your modules are (and always have been!) so amazing, this one being no exception.  The depth to which this interface does it's thing is brilliant, what a fantastic piece of work brother.  I'm really loving my Tetra now that I can perform the tasks required and I'm quite sure the WM contributions to this interface will be crucial to the success of the Tetra platform as they have been for all the MK fruits over the years.

Eternal thanks to all who helped, WM for the incredible module, and to the Hak5 community for making shit work!!  Love you guys!

hf

• 3 months later...

tnx, i follow this but i still have the problem, it always says Failed to connect, reaver and wifite not working.pls help.

Reaver is the only reason i bought the pineapple nano,pls somebody help me to make reaver work in my nano.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.7.2017 at 2:43 AM, kr36 said:

tnx, i follow this but i still have the problem, it always says Failed to connect, reaver and wifite not working.pls help.

Reaver is the only reason i bought the pineapple nano,pls somebody help me to make reaver work in my nano.

I need some more information, if i'm to help you.
For example: Screenshots, detailed logs, and also what steps you did to install everything you have installed.
It's also helpful with a copy of the output you get from dmesg in the terminal. (After the error have occurred)

• 6 months later...

wps has a few problems on my TETRA. From the GUI, using reaver doesn't work, even with a command string that does work in the CLI, for example:

reaver -i wlan1mon -b 01:23:45:67:89:00 -e "AccessPoint" -c 6

From an ssh session, this works. However, if I try to do it from the Pineapple GUI, when I click "Start" it never actually starts.

If I execute the same command from the CLI, it works as I state above and I can go back into the GUI and it shows it's running in the wps module section, but output shows:

{"error":"HTTP Error","HTTPError":"Internal Server Error","HTTPCode":500}

The GUI does kill the process if I click stop, though I have to click Stop twice to get it to show "Start" again as an option.

Also, selecting the option "Auto detect the best advanced options for the target AP" adds a "-a" argument to the reaver command, but reaver has no -a argument:

root@OpenWrt:~# reaver -i wlan1mon -a -b 01:23:45:67:89:00 -e "AccessPoint" -c 6

Reaver v1.6.3 WiFi Protected Setup Attack Tool
Copyright (c) 2011, Tactical Network Solutions, Craig Heffner <cheffner@tacnetsol.com>

reaver: invalid option -- a

Similarly, using "bully" instead also does not work. Clicking Start adds a "Process Running" showing it should be running, but using "ps" over SSH shows there is no bully process running. If I switch to another module page in the GUI and go back to WPS, the running process it previously showed is gone and the button is back in the "Start" state.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2017 at 8:16 PM, Zylla said:

I forgot to mention that the reason you are getting warnings about missing libpcap.so.1.3 when trying to run Reaver/wash/Bully, is because those programs are compiled with that version of libpcap. If you want to get rid of those warnings, you would need to either sym-link, or compile Reaver, Bully etc. with the newest libpcap.

So i've also compiled Bully and Reaver alongside libpcap-1.8.1.
This is not the "normal" version of Bully or Reaver. It's Aanarchyy's and t6x version, which has added Pixiewps functionality. (Works better in my opinion)

So installing these, should let you avoid sym-linking after installing libpcap :)

Source repos. are listed here:
https://github.com/t6x/reaver-wps-fork-t6x
https://github.com/aanarchyy/bully

Link to IPK's below:
Reaverhttps://mega.nz/#!75EikSzL!L0Ux0hhm-R8YvSjHqoZ9wRHxBsiS6VFxW2adkLFuCfE
Bullyhttps://mega.nz/#!2oNj0YgA!1PzGr-JxbjPO1DAl4x7SCfCVtg4LtXPk6lLl82V0r8U
libpcap-1.8.1https://mega.nz/#!atdFiRLA!gjnqKAxCd2w_2vBTpVstwYkaHbbZE_dSWHe3N1T0kkM

Can you give a guide on how to compile these myself? Reaver t6x is updated frequently 

3 hours ago, nivong said:

Can you give a guide on how to compile these myself? Reaver t6x is updated frequently 

I’m aware of the frequent updates, and the lack of openwrt’s repos tracking of them.

That’s why i actually have a repo on my github (with openwrt-sdk Makefiles) that contains the «latest» version (when i last compiled it) of Reaver (IPK install file), working on the Pineapples.

The repo has two branches: «master», and «static». Static is built with static libraries like libpcap, but it increases the size of the binary.

https://www.github.com/adde88/reaver-openwrt

On 4/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, Zylla said:

I’m aware of the frequent updates, and the lack of openwrt’s repos tracking of them.

That’s why i actually have a repo on my github (with openwrt-sdk Makefiles) that contains the «latest» version (when i last compiled it) of Reaver (IPK install file), working on the Pineapples.

The repo has two branches: «master», and «static». Static is built with static libraries like libpcap, but it increases the size of the binary.

https://www.github.com/adde88/reaver-openwrt

you are awesome! Thanks

2 hours ago, nivong said:

you are awesome! Thanks

Thanks. Glad ppl. appreciate my work.
Btw. I created a new repo. yesterday, since aicrack-ng has released version: 1.2-rc5.
The repo contains the Makefile for building it yourself, and also the installation (IPK) file.

BUT! It also contains a patch for besside-ng, tweaked for the Pineapples. So it will automatically scan the 5ghz channels as well. (more updates for this coming)
If your're building it yourself, and you don't want that modification: you can simply remove my patch by removing said patch-file.

On 4/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, Zylla said:

Thanks. Glad ppl. appreciate my work.
Btw. I created a new repo. yesterday, since aicrack-ng has released version: 1.2-rc5.
The repo contains the Makefile for building it yourself, and also the installation (IPK) file.

BUT! It also contains a patch for besside-ng, tweaked for the Pineapples. So it will automatically scan the 5ghz channels as well. (more updates for this coming)
If your're building it yourself, and you don't want that modification: you can simply remove my patch by removing said patch-file.

Nano does not support 5ghz correct? And thanks again! Keep it up ?

3 minutes ago, nivong said:

Nano does not support 5ghz correct? And thanks again! Keep it up ?

No, but the Tetra does. So it will scan 5ghz as well on the Tetra. On the Nano = 2.4ghz.
It simply checks what channels the chipset supports.?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is the wrong topic, but i thought i'd just give you guys a heads up.
I've compiled the latest Aircrack-ng 1.2-RC5 for the Pineapples.

As usual, source and install files (.IPK) can be found on my GitHub repo.: https://github.com/adde88/aircrack-ng-openwrt

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this contains my own customized version of besside-ng. Which will auto-detect usable channels for the wifi chip being used.
On the TETRA that also includes the 5GHz spectrum.
If you're building the source yourself, you can remove my version of besside-ng by deleting the patch-file for besside-ng.c inside the patches directory. ?

On 5/11/2018 at 9:47 PM, b0N3z said:

your version of besside-ng works great.  

Yeah, It's working great for me to. ?
I'm considering modifying it a bit though, so it only scans the 5GHz spectrum when an arguments is provided. And rather default to the 2.4GHz range.
Shouldn't be that much work though.

9 hours ago, Zylla said:

Yeah, It's working great for me to. ?
I'm considering modifying it a bit though, so it only scans the 5GHz spectrum when an arguments is provided. And rather default to the 2.4GHz range.
Shouldn't be that much work though.

Guess we need to update the pineapple aircrack, huh? ?

Archived