Change log:

• Add timer to know when the scan will be finished

• View if WPS is enabled on AP

5ti87dke4u0cgvy4g.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks WM this looks great! just tried it out, not sure if im choosing the wrong settings, but reaver always reports 'could not associate with AP' indefinitely, and stays at 0% forever. I know settings make a difference if WPS locking or whatever kicks in, but is there a "better" approach to using this through the module. More for anyone else who has tried, I know you're a busy bee.

thanks WM this looks great! just tried it out, not sure if im choosing the wrong settings, but reaver always reports 'could not associate with AP' indefinitely, and stays at 0% forever. I know settings make a difference if WPS locking or whatever kicks in, but is there a "better" approach to using this through the module. More for anyone else who has tried, I know you're a busy bee.

When using reaver manually, I have had a lot of success using aireplay-ng first to fake the association, then use reaver to launch the attack.

Also just came across this link recently: http://techsolutionsite.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/solution-for-warning-failed-to.htmlnot sure if that helps.

I'm just saying you should check out https://github.com/aanarchyy/bully version of bully it's been improved and has the -d which will auto use the pixiewps attack and it still has all the normal features bully has.

When attempting to use bully it always quits immediately with "Session save file appears corrupted, exiting" in the log file... any thoughts?

Edit - solved my problem in about 15 seconds, so if anyone else runs into that, just ssh into the Pineapple and delete the files in /root/.bully/ and it should go away.

Steps to reproduce:

Start bully, wait a few minutes. Quit using stop button at the top. Attempt to resume session, unable to due to above error. Tried 3 times with the same results and had to delete files via ssh to get a new session going.

I downloaded the latest wps mod in my nano. It says the depencies are installed but when I hit start the button turns orange for a few seconds and then resorts back to the green "start" button.. Nothing happens.. And all the log says is "wps not installed" I'm using wlan1mon as the interface.. Am I missing a step?

I set the options and it generated the following command. Reaver -i wlan1mon -b xx:xx:xx:xx -C 11 -K 1. Seems right to me. The history just says wps not installed

Wps.
First I go to my interface and use the default wlan1. I hit start monitor, it does its voodoo. I then go to scan results and again I use the default 15 sec, and I hit scan, it does its voodoo. The scan results are displayed. Nice. But why does every result say NO to Wps, when I know full well that besides my own router should have displayed YES. I'm looking at WASH on another BT5 laptop and I can see YES to WPS. So why are preliminary monitor scan results wrong?
Ok anyway that did not stop me.... I clicked my router, and whalla under the OPTIONS heading all the fields populated my router info lay, along with other obvious pertinent info... yay... so now under the second OPTIONS heading I hit the first one auto detect and the 3rd one use small dh. Also I thought I'd try ... run pixiewps, and display non critical messages. Blam! I'm ready I didn't bother with the advanced section, jus keepn it simple for now. I scrolled up n hit start. It changed red to stop.
So now it has been 40 minutes, and under the OUTPUT section all it says in faded gray.... wps is not installed... hmm refresh log? Nothing..... HISTORY section....
Zero.... refresh log? Again same nil. So mean while pineapple is blinking red like silly.... I'm going to bed... let's c what happens after 8 hrs, if I get a log or hit the bathroom n deposit one...

Jus woke up, all logs empty, red light on tetra on n off. I hit the red stop next to Wps, n I got nothing

Did I miss someting

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 3:39 PM, Il.Separatio said:

I always get the failed to associate message, I tried several combinations of options with no success, does anyone have any tips for this?

Not to hijack this thread but this is the reason I recommended the reaver and bully in the wifi pineapple to be replaced with this version https://github.com/aanarchyy/bully

It's written in C so it can work with the WiFi Pineapple since it supports OpenWRT, what your gonna have to do is possibly use the -A switch to not associate with the network then run a aireplay-ng to do a fake association which will possibly fail but meh.

Try with bully installed on something like Kali Linux 2016.1 I have a video on the FreeCST link in my signature the other issue could be due to a low signal the network could be blocked by too many things which is giving you a bad signal to associate with the network. 

Not sure if this will help... but I have created a little wrapper that uses aireplay to fake association when "do not associate with AP" is selected in advanced options.

simply create a new file called "reaver" in /usr/bin/pineapple and set its executable permission by "chmod +x /usr/bin/pineapple/reaver

Then cut and paste the following into the new file. Thankfully reaver is not executed by the wps module with a specific path, so it will pick up our script first:

#!/bin/bash

while getopts "Ai:b:e:c:" opt; do
  case $opt in
    A) NOASSOC=true;;
    c) CHAN=$OPTARG;;
    i) IF=$OPTARG;;
    b) BSSID=$OPTARG;;
    e) ESSID=$OPTARG;;
  esac
done

if [ $NOASSOC = true ] ; then
        iwconfig $IF channel $CHAN
        aireplay-ng -1 0 -e $ESSID -a $BSSID $IF
fi
/usr/bin/reaver "$@"

• 2 weeks later...

Well sadly ive scoured the web and have not found anyone who got this to work, I think its sad that I spent 230$ and now all this thing does is blink lights... I cant tell from the output and layout of the modules that this was all done half assed, Explain to me how I have a WPS enabled router, but when I SCAN, and get results.. EVERY ACCESSPOINT  says NO to WPS even the one sitting next to me.

SO I decided to use WIFISLAX and LINSET/FLUXION, great programs.

So I figured thaT I would use Deauth  to handle bumping the clients off... but guess what? after i hit install dependencies it changes to orange and says installing and then it goes back to green and nothing has changed.

NOT COOL im ready to start talking all kinds of shit to anyone who will listen, now i got to find someone to buy this brick off of me or let it sit in the closet till someone gets thier shit straight

• 3 weeks later...

I only failed associations with reaver and timeouts with bully.  The nano will not associate with any AP at all.  Also, even though there is no association the pin guessing starts and the same initial pin is tried over and over.   broken?

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the WPS module?

I have installed the module from the NANO's search for modules.

I have then gone on to the module WPS and clicked download dependencies.

Dependencies now show as installed, and underneath is WPS where i can press start.

If i press start, nothing happens.

If i click to remove the dependencies, is goes orange and says removing, but after about 10 seconds turns green and says installed.

If i go to modules and uninstall that way it does, but when i reinstall all the dependencies are reinstalled.

On output it says WPS is not installed...

Anyone able to help?

• Foxtrot changed the title to WPS+Module+:-+WPS+Not+installed

Archived