[Official] wps

5 minutes ago, Whistle Master said:

The WPS module is not broken.

I was playing around with it this weekend and came to a similar conclusion as Unauthed mentioned here:

On 5/15/2016 at 6:49 PM, Unauthed said:

came across this link recently: http://techsolutionsite.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/solution-for-warning-failed-to.htmlnot sure if that helps.

The current firmware (1.1.x) has libpcap 1.5 and wash will show nothing, and reaver/bully will basically continue to try the same initial pin over and over again.  I wasn't able to figure out how to compile from source for the 1.4 on openWRT but I was able to find an ipk for 1.6.  On that version wash works as expected again, however still get the issue with the initial pin just being tried over and over again.

I mentioned it in #pineapple I'd like to know how to compile from source on openWRT and Sebkinne responded back that he was going to statically link libpcap 1.4 to those utilities in the future to resolve that.  

Everything in the module does as is expected to do in the module itself (assuming everything is setup as expected in the module), but have you been able to get it to crack a wps code (at least on the latest firmware) with it?  If so, maybe you could share the options and advanced settings you used to get it to work successfully?  I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what most of those settings are doing, I was just trying random variations of them and researching what was returned is what led me to the libpcap solution route prior to seeing it on this thread.

Also in case you didn't notice this morning in #pineapple I mentioned I did a video on the tetra/modules and give you a shout out for all the awesome work you do on modules.  It is much appreciated!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2016 at 11:23 PM, bored369 said:

[...]

Everything in the module does as is expected to do in the module itself (assuming everything is setup as expected in the module)

[..]

That was my point. The module is just an UI for the existing binarie and the module itself is not "broken". As you said, there are issues sometimes with wash showing nothing but I will update the module to use Seb's addition in the latest firmware to display correctly wps APs all the time.

EDIT: Foxtrot just gave it a go and as you can seen it works fine so him as well (as it does for other users also).

Nc22J4u.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2016 at 5:34 AM, anode said:

Small bug:  Some of the switches/options fail to put a space between them in the command line.  Happening on both a nano and tetra.

reaver -i wlan1mon -a -l 310-x 20-W 1

I Just started playing with the wps module today, and I found the same little glitch. If you want to solve it

Simply ssh into the Pineapple, then nano the module.js file for wps

ssh root@172.16.42.1

nano /pineapple/modules/wps/js/module.js

Then find the function

function updateReaverAdvancedOptions() {
                        var return_value = "";

angular.forEach($scope.reaverAdvancedOptions, function(value, key) {
                                if(value.check != false)
                                        return_value += value.check + " " + value.val;
                        });

return return_value;
                }

Replace

into

return_value += value.check + " " + value.val + " ";

And while you are there, just get two functions down and make the same manipulation for updateBullyAdvancedOptions()

function updateBullyAdvancedOptions() {
                        var return_value = "";

angular.forEach($scope.bullyAdvancedOptions, function(value, key) {
                                if(value.check != false)
                        });

return return_value;
                }

This will take 2 minutes to do

And thank again Whistle Master for this great module !

6 minutes ago, Purrball said:

same situation here, i just assume that its a hardware problem at this point because it just flat out does not work at all. neither of them do, or from the console when ssh'd in.

Nope, reaver is not compatible with the version of libpcap we ship. The reaver developers have abandoned the project for now, and are working on something new. 

The solution is to either ship an older version of libpcap alongside the new one, or to statically link it. 

I will find time to do this at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bully seems to be working fine (added the fix QcSmoker), but reaver just spits "WARNING: Failed to associate with xxxx"  due to wrong libpcap version.

Has anyone made a build with static link for the right libpcap version (around version 0.8_1.4.0-2)?

Why is reaver even available on the TETRA/NANO if you can't use it?  Kinda sad I have to go back to the MK5 after spending 400$.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2016 at 6:51 PM, QcSmoker said:

I Just started playing with the wps module today, and I found the same little glitch. If you want to solve it

Simply ssh into the Pineapple, then nano the module.js file for wps

ssh root@172.16.42.1

nano /pineapple/modules/wps/js/module.js

Then find the function

function updateReaverAdvancedOptions() {
                        var return_value = "";

angular.forEach($scope.reaverAdvancedOptions, function(value, key) {
                                if(value.check != false)
                        });

return return_value;
                }

Replace

into

And while you are there, just get two functions down and make the same manipulation for updateBullyAdvancedOptions()

function updateBullyAdvancedOptions() {
                        var return_value = "";

angular.forEach($scope.bullyAdvancedOptions, function(value, key) {
                                if(value.check != false)
                        });

return return_value;
                }

This will take 2 minutes to do

And thank again Whistle Master for this great module !

I did this using VIM and unfortunately the module does not load at all anymore. After the changes to module.js, I saved using `:wq` so maybe I needed to do something different.

thanks for your help anyway.

On 12/15/2016 at 4:21 AM, HammerHead_0718 said:

I did this using VIM and unfortunately the module does not load at all anymore. After the changes to module.js, I saved using `:wq` so maybe I needed to do something different.

thanks for your help anyway.

Modules not loading are a sign of JS errors. You edited something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So, I'm playing with my new tetra and while my mk5 works just fine with reaver, the Tetra seems to only give the cannot associate error all day long. Even on an old Linksys I have at home that my mk5 cracks in about 45 minutes. Is this a libpcap issue?

Im assuming that the scan results of the WPS module are all ONLY WPS enabled access points?

How can I tell from the scan results if the access point is locked?

how are the scan results sorted? by strongest signal?

When using wifislax and laptop I do not get WARNING FAILED TO ASSOCIATE WITH XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX  why is the pineapple failing to associate so often?

Ive read here that REAVER is not compatible with libcap? so what is the work around or possible solution?

regarding the fix QcSmoker has posted, should i be doing this? has this been addressed since 2016?

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2016 at 2:33 PM, Sebkinne said:

Nope, reaver is not compatible with the version of libpcap we ship. The reaver developers have abandoned the project for now, and are working on something new. 

The solution is to either ship an older version of libpcap alongside the new one, or to statically link it. 

I will find time to do this at some point. 

Heya Seb, it's been ages!  Hope you're doing well!

Just received my tetra today and am dying to set it up, hit the forums after a very extended absence and saw this bit on reaver dependence on older libpcap versions.

I know your time is limited, but hoping beyond hope that perhaps rolling the stat linking to the old libpcap into a patch or update is still on the radar for a near future implementation?  

I know it's not intuitive to include support for a defunct tool but reaver is still a really useful go-to in the arsenal and hoping we can manage a quick support fix to keep reaver alive for a while.  I can't imagine not having it in the toolbox ready to go.

You would have my eternal gratitude brother, and a rack or 2 of beers of your choice if ya pm me with your PP .  :). Not joking, if it'll get reaver back to functioning on the tetra (and nano?), I'm sure a few others may help the cause as well, and if not F em, I'll still send ya enough bread for a good pisser.  :)

Seriously, and with great hope,

hfam

P.S. Heya to Mr Kitchen, foxtrot, telot, WM, and all the others I've missed.  It's good to be back.  :)

Can someone please confirm or deny that performing QCSmoker's fix post at least fixed Bully/pixie in the WPS module?  Any configuration of Bully in the WPS module yields an empty log and zero results for me.

I'd like to use the WPS module, but the Tetra without a functioning WPS tool via modules is a deal-breaker for me, and despite Seb's October 2016 fix statement above, it hasn't happened yet. 

I'll use bully instead of reaver happily, but if I have to jump to ssh shells to use a simple wps tool, where does that stop?  Reaver is dead on the MK6 and has been for many, many months, leaving one WPS tool, Bully.

This isn't WMs issue with the whole reaver thing, but since I can't get Bully to work either, I'm hoping the code fix above by QCSmoker perhaps will get bully working in this module...and I can then stop being Marsha Brady, eat a snickers, and go back to being Danny Trejo again.  ;)

Obscure Brady Reference YT link

So, can someone please let me know if they have gotten bully to work in this WPS module, complete with a non-empty log, and if so, please share the steps necessary to replicate your success?  If someone can please even just confirm QCs post fixed bully and the logging issue I'll start there.

Thanks all, and WM, I STILL don't know how you find time to crank out all you do on the pineapple modules, they really make the MKV/VI platform complete. :)

Mars...err....hfam

hak5, any update please? This is a major issue. I already tried every proposed solutions I could find here and on the web and no luck. 

Hfam wrote a better description of the situation than me, so please pay attention to his replies, it would greatly help us.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong and I often am but I did some digging into why libpcap broke reaver.

So pineapple ships with libpcap - 1.5.3-1. it looks like there was an issue with libpcap's adoption of TPACKETv3 memory mapped capture on Linux (reference). Apparently this was fixed in libpcap-1.6.2-1.fc21 or later although I cant confirm. @bored369 would be good if you can advise the source for the 1.6 version you found (hopefully its 1.6.2+), I had a search and am struggling to find it.

I also had a look for a latest libpcap for openwrt/lede and found this referring to libpcap-1.8.1 https://github.com/wongsyrone/lede-1/tree/master/package/libs/libpcap http://www.tcpdump.org/release/

Progress https://sdwalker.github.io/uscan/index-cc.html

So it might be that reaver would work again if libpcap is updated further rather than static link to older version.

Definitely not the module itself...

Archived