Just ordered the Mark V

shoeless89

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered mine as well. Had to get the elite, don't know why. I think the soft bag is better, way less suspicious then walking around with a big pelican case with an antenna on it... :ph34r:

I am waiting to see how really "un-brickable" it really is.

Un-brickable? Challenge accepted!

Why, because I am the better idiot you were warned about!

I ordered mine as well. Had to get the elite, don't know why. I think the soft bag is better, way less suspicious then walking around with a big pelican case with an antenna on it... :ph34r:

Fell into the same dilemma, ended up getting one of each. Liked the idea of a deployable, mostly environment proof box with crazy battery life, but didn't want to always have to haul that pelican around for a quick light task.

Also love that the MKV graphic patch is attached with Velcro.

<emt>Fuckin smart.</emt>

It's evident how much thought went into this revision of our favorite fruit across the board. It's been great watching the pineapple evolve.

I'm thinking of building a deck out back using nothing but my earlier pineapples. ;)

Ordered the mark V and the travel box :D Is the manual already available online? Maybe some screenshots of the firmware?

CONGRATZ from BELGIUM to the whole Hak5 team !!!

tip: these are some fine Belgium beers => Trappist, Bush, Chimay, la Chouffe, Pauwel kwak, Duvel, Leffe, Orval, Westmalle and the really top of the top in Belgium is the Westvleteren

Like to see one of those in the hak5 vids!

westy 12 @leevai? Thats the beer of all beers, it litterly doesnt get any better than that. Worlds best ranked beers, and most interesting If you can find it. Belguim beer, brewed by monks, that have only shipped a small batch to the US once to pay for a new part of their church.

I drink the trappist 10 on occasion.

I agree, darren should try a westy.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/313/1545

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/12/12/166987378/a-sign-from-above-needing-new-roof-monks-sell-rare-beer-in-u-s

http://www.beerboxx.com/trappist-westvleteren-12-33cl.html

Edited by bigthinker

Fell into the same dilemma, ended up getting one of each. Liked the idea of a deployable, mostly environment proof box with crazy battery life, but didn't want to always have to haul that pelican around for a quick light task.

Also love that the MKV graphic patch is attached with Velcro.

<emt>Fuckin smart.</emt>

It's evident how much thought went into this revision of our favorite fruit across the board. It's been great watching the pineapple evolve.

I'm thinking of building a deck out back using nothing but my earlier pineapples. ;)

I'm curious about that "crazy battery life", 64 hours of battery or am i wrong? We need more details!

I'm curious about that "crazy battery life", 64 hours of battery or am i wrong? We need more details!

:)

Well, I'm going off of what Darren indicated on the release live stream, where he and Seb (if I wasn't too wasted...doing shots of Woodford Reserve for "wifi" and "pineapple"...glad he switched to coconut!!) indicated that the battery in the elite bundle was easily 72 hours of straight running, all the while broadcasting and processing.

I believe the battery in the bag version is like 24-36 hours, and the elite pelican one was crazy long...like over 72 hours...perfect for lengthy "drop and return" deployments.

Extremely stoked to get my gear this week!!! Taking a long weekend to get intimate with my new pineapple gear! :) :) :)

I got my Pineapple the same night it came out, but my box was missing the SD card, Antennas, and manuals :( I drank all the booze :D ,so I didn't even noticed.

Hopefully I can get the missing items later today, or tomorrow. Can't wait to hack all the things!

Edited by Jmanuel