Just ordered the Mark V

shoeless89

So its some chip or something in this new hardware (Mark 5) that enables Karma/Jasager to say 'Yes, i'm your network' to new devices/smartphones running recent versions of their operating system.

I bought the WiFi Pineapple Mark IV Pro for $149.99 early september, and since this hardware apparently isnt capable of making Karma/Jasager work with Android 4.3 nor IOS 6 or 7 (but reading the Hak5 shop description of the wifi pineapple, I belived it would) will the Hak5 team/shop do trade-in's so I and other customers that bought this device in 2013 can return Mark IV's that worked properly in 2011, and get this new upgraded hardware that enables Karma/Jasager to work ?

The devices haven't changed - the vendors have. The MK4 still does in 2013 what it did in 2011, it's just that the landscape has changed. We're responding with the next trick up our sleeves. It's a game of cat and mouse. Perhaps more like a game of chess in fact. We want you to be happy with your purchase and will do everything we can to enhance the capabilities of the platforms where possible - but keep in mind we're a small outfit up against giants. The HakShop props up Hak5, which provides free hacker education to this community. It couldn't survive without this direct support and as such we aren't in a position (as much as I wish we were) to offer a trade in program. If you are within the warranty/return period we will of course honor this.

My first thoughts too, but seeing 'new hardware opens a world of possibilities' I got a feeling they rather sell us the new hardware than patching the old hardware.

Part of the new hardware possibilities are the second radio. A similar attack could be pulled off with a MK4 + Alfa.

I tried to order a Mark V few days ago but it said "Unfortunately there is no Shipping Rate available for your destination and/or weight of your cart." I understand that there are laws that prevent ppl to shipping Mark V to some countries, but I believe it's not the case for my country.

I sent an email to shop@hak5.org and suggested some workaround for my order but got no luck so far.

Hope the team can sort this out soon :)

Unfortunately there are nations we are prohibited from shipping to. As much as I believe in one world and the human race as equal, I am beholden to my own government - just as much as you are yours. Email shop@hak5.org and hopefully we can help but I can't make any guarantees.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I'm going to tell my wife that I bought another Pineapple... I think I'll use some kind of argument that relates to improving quality of life. I'm not sure yet.

I've been lurking around for a while now, just got into pentesting this year (can be pretty addictive) and came across the Pineapple a handfull of months ago. Found myself trying to figure out how to "deploy" an old laptop w/Kali/Mint (in my garage, attic, car, etc) and decided that it was time for a Pineapple. Saw the M5 was coming and decided to wait, even watched the launch event. (yes, all my GF says now is "drink all the booze, hak all the things")

Almost done with the CBT Nuggets series, then I'm going to start with the Hak5 series. I've been on forums for my hobbies for many years now (cars, bikes, computing, lasers, XDA, etc) and this one is certainly interesting in its own way.

Just purchased a travel kit, I'm excited.

I tried to order a Mark V few days ago but it said "Unfortunately there is no Shipping Rate available for your destination and/or weight of your cart." I understand that there are laws that prevent ppl to shipping Mark V to some countries, but I believe it's not the case for my country.

I sent an email to shop@hak5.org and suggested some workaround for my order but got no luck so far.

Hope the team can sort this out soon :)

Unfortunately there are nations we are prohibited from shipping to. As much as I believe in one world and the human race as equal, I am beholden to my own government - just as much as you are yours. Email shop@hak5.org and hopefully we can help but I can't make any guarantees.

I have the same problem and i already sent an email to shop@hak5.org. Looking forward for the answer so i can place my order! :D

Hmmm, I haven't played with the pineapple since Mark1 (We didn't call it that back then ;) ) I have two 2100's collecting dust. Maybe it's time to see how far the Pineapple has come :) All though, they only ship UPS to Canada :(

Just a quick question, probably one that will be answered tomorrow night.

What major options are enabled by the presence of the second radio?

From what I can tell you can ICS with wifi by connecting to one antenna and use the other to transmit. I would like to be able to have to MKV connect to an access point with one antenna then use the other for attacks, honeypot, etc. not sure if it's possible to totally remove a PC from the situation. Guess we will find out!

I have a neighbor who has a dog, not just any dog, but one that constantly yaps. This neighbor also has internet ( rubbs hands with glee). When I get my Pinnaple he will understand what a DOS attack really means . :-(

I have a neighbor who has a dog, not just any dog, but one that constantly yaps. This neighbor also has internet ( rubbs hands with glee). When I get my Pinnaple he will understand what a DOS attack really means . :-(

Keep in mind, the WiFi Pineapple is intended for penetration testing. So if you plan on using it maliciously, do NOT post that on the forums.

I put my order in Tuesday evening, still no word on shipping. At this point it would make more sense for them to save it until the 21st, and ship w/travel kit. (I'm not rushed)