I took my MK4 to work today and it was not internet connected just running this module and it was awesome! I actually overheard some employees talking about it in the lunch room. Of course they wont talk to me about it as they know that its against company policy to use phones or tablets to surf the web let alone connect to some mystery AP!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad you guys are making use of this, If you know of any good roll pages or sites I would love to add more to the module.

updated firefox 15.1 and now the sound/embed doesn't seem to be working:-(

version1.4

tweeked the log process and how it is displayed

bug fixes

when changing the spoof host file the actual ip is set to *, in case someone changes the default 172.16.42.1

and other tweeks

I have to say I had a little fun with this module tonight. It was interesting seeing people tryign to figure out why they cannot get to the page they are tryign to hit. FInally when someoen went up to the counter and asked what the wifi was here, I decided to turn it off. But it was fun while it lasted....

Edited by korang

Hey I just wanted to point out that Im not sure if you guys noticed but when you are suplying internet to the pineapple some clients will cache the origanal ip and not be dnsspoofed, made worse if they use https/ssl.

using these commands you can redirect all clients based on traffic and not dns lookups

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.42.1:80
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.42.1:80
[/CODE]

I will look into adapting my module If people really need this???

at the moment I don't know how to remove just these two iptable commands in order to switch off without rebooting?

and a way to check that these commands are enabled?

Edited by petertfm

Hey I just wanted to point out that Im not sure if you guys noticed but when you are suplying internet to the pineapple some clients will cache the origanal ip and not be dnsspoofed, made worse if they use https/ssl.

using these commands you can redirect all clients based on traffic and not dns lookups

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.42.1:80
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.42.1:80
[/CODE]

I will look into adapting my module If people really need this???

at the moment I don't know how to remove just these two iptable commands in order to switch off without rebooting?

and a way to check that these commands are enabled?

I for one would really like this to be incorporated into your module. I don't always rick roll but when I do I use your module =)

Every little bit more makes this awesome module just that much better!

I for one would really like this to be incorporated into your module. I don't always rick roll but when I do I use your module =)

Every little bit more makes this awesome module just that much better!

I am testing some ideas and trying to get it to work, stuck on removing iptable rules.

I have tried redirecting all network traffic to the pineapple's internal ip but that causes an issue with not being able to wirelessly connect, so I'll have to still have dnsspoof running and on top I will redirect port 80 and 443 to the pineapple, I started making a cool interface for individule client redirection and hit a wall because of the issues

iptables -A PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source 00:00:00:00:00:00 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.42.1 -t nat
[/CODE]

maybe someone here can improve the above command to make it only redirect tcp and udp? that way hopfully the client can still connect to the pineapple

ya my android phone doesn't do sound or flash, I am not sure if it's a version thing or LG not supporting/including those ability's. my friends androids work as far as sound.

Heya peterfm,

I just got a new Evo V. Previous HTC phones (tbolt, incredible, etc) all supported flash straight away.

On this new Evo V I had to open the browser, go into settings, and actually select to enable Flash. Never had to do that before on any other Android phone, but this one is from VM, and previously were all from Verizon. Even checked my tbolt and indeed there is no "enable flash" option, it just was.

May be the same on your LG phone and you actually have to enable it in the browser settings, give it a look if you haven't already. Can't imagine they'd completely disable flash, otherwise it'd be no more useful browsing net than an iPhone! :P :lol:

And thanks again for this very fun module!!! Life's just crazy busy right now and time's at a premium, but damn it I've got to make some more time to have fun with my MKIV!!

Thanks hfam:-)

I found my phone does not support flash probably because it's ***t and under powered, but I did find a way for my phone to get sound playback and I have updated this module with the modifacations.

Version 1.8

bug fix where if directorys were in the url used it would cause a loop of random rolls inside one another.

more support for audio in some devices that did not work

Thanks hfam:-)

I found my phone does not support flash probably because it's ***t and under powered, but I did find a way for my phone to get sound playback and I have updated this module with the modifacations.

Version 1.8

bug fix where if directorys were in the url used it would cause a loop of random rolls inside one another.

more support for audio in some devices that did not work

Jobs said "Flash is full of fail" which is true, but that's why iOS devices don't support flash.

Jobs said "Flash is full of fail" which is true, but that's why iOS devices don't support flash.

good point, why should all the software devs support flash when they have to fight adobe for a licence.

the nintendo wii was running 2 or 3 versions behind the pc market because of a licenceing issue, adobe is stupid

is there a open-source/free alternative to flash that is it's own product/language?

it's too bad all us web users have given adobe so much support when there products stink lol

good point, why should all the software devs support flash when they have to fight adobe for a licence.

the nintendo wii was running 2 or 3 versions behind the pc market because of a licenceing issue, adobe is stupid

is there a open-source/free alternative to flash that is it's own product/language?

it's too bad all us web users have given adobe so much support when there products stink lol

Wasn't html5 supposed to be the replacement?

I cant seem to get this module working.

I have all of the following Enabled and started

1. Landing Page: /www/index.php

2. Spoof Host: 172.16.42.1 *

3. SymLink: /www/randomroll/

4. DNSSpoof: Running

Do i need to edit anything in the pineapple root directory or anything to get it to work?

Cheers

I cant seem to get this module working.

I have all of the following Enabled and started

1. Landing Page: /www/index.php

2. Spoof Host: 172.16.42.1 *

3. SymLink: /www/randomroll/

4. DNSSpoof: Running

Do i need to edit anything in the pineapple root directory or anything to get it to work?

Cheers

Which version of firmware are you running?

Version 2.0 for firmware 2.6.4UP

interface restructure

bug fixes

rolls now have links under them for the creator of that roll

hey bud, am eager to try out your latest and gratest but i cant!im on firmware 2.6.4 (actually shows as 2.6.3 in the 'about' area). the firmware is correct according to the md5sum. anyway, the available RandomRoll version is 1.8.

when i try and run it it reports:

Warning: file_get_contents(/www/pineapple/config/spoofhost) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usb/modules/RandomRoll/randomroll.php on line 390

Edited by chaosengine

hey bud, am eager to try out your latest and gratest but i cant!im on firmware 2.6.4 (actually shows as 2.6.3 in the 'about' area). the firmware is correct according to the md5sum. anyway, the available RandomRoll version is 1.8.

when i try and run it it reports:

Warning: file_get_contents(/www/pineapple/config/spoofhost) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usb/modules/RandomRoll/randomroll.php on line 390

here is the problem lots of modules wont work for your setup because you have not changed the repository of the module system

sed -i 's/&twoOne//g' /pineapple/pages/modules.php
[/CODE]

once you run that you will be able to download 2.0 of my module.