AWESOME!! I'm gonna have to pass out glowsticks and pacifiers at the next Starbucks I happen upon. :) :) :)

"The Innernet is not...the innernet is not... a big truck..."

Upgrading as soon as I get home tonight, thanks to the both of ya! :)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love this but for me it's more complicated than just uploading files. there is some work that needs to be done with the rolls to make it what it is

Yup, that's the idea. I've half re-written the module, so it automatically finds rolls from the target folder and loads metadata from an ini file in each roll. Only part I have to do now is make it update the index.php file based on selections. Should have something preliminary done by the end of the week.

Version 2.7 has a bug where all 4 .sh scripts are not chmoded to root, to fix browse to the randomroll folder and issue

chmod +x *.sh

version 2.8 already submited + approved

Thanks peterfm YOUR RandomRoll Module rocks, I've had lots of fun with this module.

Edited by kevambert

Yup, that's the idea. I've half re-written the module, so it automatically finds rolls from the target folder and loads metadata from an ini file in each roll. Only part I have to do now is make it update the index.php file based on selections. Should have something preliminary done by the end of the week.

I have added a similar feature to RandomRoll version 3.0

I don't want to seem rude I just want to keep this version of RandomRoll original, barring any complete re-writes to a similar idea that anyone wants to create.

For everyone If there is a feature you would like to add, please contact me and we can work together with creds to your work.

I am still considered working on this project and any re-release to the pineapple bar with a module that functions the same and has my general code should be OK'ed by me.

Thank you,

I have added a similar feature to RandomRoll version 3.0

I don't want to seem rude I just want to keep this version of RandomRoll original, barring any complete re-writes to a similar idea that anyone wants to create.

For everyone If there is a feature you would like to add, please contact me and we can work together with creds to your work.

I am still considered working on this project and any re-release to the pineapple bar with a module that functions the same and has my general code should be OK'ed by me.

Thank you,

That's fine - I'll ship you the code when it's done and you can feel free to do what you wish with it. It's still mostly your code on the frontend, and your idea and work so far, I'm just refactoring it to be easier to maintain.

That's fine - I'll ship you the code when it's done and you can feel free to do what you wish with it. It's still mostly your code on the frontend, and your idea and work so far, I'm just refactoring it to be easier to maintain.

this is how the module should have been from the get go, I had thought of it but was thinking it was too much work:-)

What I would like to do is change all the rolls to not use flash and only animated png's or gif's then have the sound play from mp3. also to clean them up a bit.

some of the latest rolls use a background animated .gif with the sound separated into an mp3 but on top of that the flash file is suplied but for mobile devices that cant display flash you just see the background animated:-)

google took out flash from Android 4.1 on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI there may be a bug in version 3.1. /usb/modules/randomroll needs to be renamed to /usb/modules/RandomRoll

Alternatively the symlink in /www/randomroll needs to be changed to /usb/modules/randomroll

It could also be that the symlink was not updated when upgrading from the previous version.

EDIT: Just read the above post. Oops.

FYI there may be a bug in version 3.1. /usb/modules/randomroll needs to be renamed to /usb/modules/RandomRoll

Alternatively the symlink in /www/randomroll needs to be changed to /usb/modules/randomroll

It could also be that the symlink was not updated when upgrading from the previous version.

EDIT: Just read the above post. Oops.

Thanks for noticing that. I have fixed A different bug related to the folder modules renamed to Infusions For the module to work with the latest developments release we need the repository to be changed to the development repository.

Edited by petertfm

Introducing RandomRoll a MK4 module to automate rolling clients via a randomizing php landing page that displays links like "www.example.com" and not "www.example.com/randomroll/rickroll/index.html"

So far rolls that are included are Rick roll, Nyan cat, Rainbow-chicken, PBJ time, Afro circus, Trololo, Tubes, BSOD with annoying sound and a real bad version of Rick roll I call Rick roll trap. USB install only, USB install only, too big for internal storage.

Features included, Install, Un-Install, Autostart, Start/Stop DNSSpoof, Pick the rolls you want to use and view them by clicking on there thumbnail. The module also keeps a backup of what it changes. Includes log viewer for redirected clients with IP, roll page and page they were expecting;-)

[note]

you can find a copy of every log in logs/RandomRoll-XX.log for every start of dnsspoof through this module.

also please know that not all devices/web browsers are the same and may not play sound or flash at all.

Idea from gsuberland

New Feature: Add your own Rolls and RandomRoll will do most of the work, minus changing the links and adding metadata, Instructions in /usb/Modules/RandomRoll/randomroll/How to create your own roll.txt

Im missing something, how do you force it to install to USB? It doesnt give me that option. I do have a mounted USB drive on the pineapple