WoW

Ethan Hunt

Ok so all my friends r playing WoW on Silver Hand and I made an account and started playing on Stormrage just so I can hand out with u guys (talking about Darren and Wess). So where the hell r u? Haven't seen u anywhere? What race r u? When will u be online? And can I as a druid learn to speak orcish? :D Thanks guys. Hope 2 "c" u soon.

Here comes my WoW rant:

I hate WoW :-) More and more friends are stopping to play it and giving away their accounts so they won't continue to play. They're students after all so they had lots of time to spend for their accounts. One of them has 140 ingame days, others have only near 100 or just 80. Dude, 140 days - that's 20 god damn weeks or 3360 hours of WoW! Well, I also played it in beta days and I bought it, but it's not my taste. Too much repetition :-)

Wasn't it down to Alli when it came to WoW?

Then again, she did say "If I still have my account..." in the last episode (I've got the subs to prove it!:P) so even that is a tad doubtful.

dude, WoW pwns. I have been playing for like a year and I have been forced to stop cause college is ghey. I'm a 60 mage and it's the best class in my opinion. And for whoever it was that asked about learning orcish, as far as i know you really can't learn it. It's just random stuff. Oh and no disrespect to Silver Hand server... TICHONDRIUS FTW!!!!!

hey, I was stoked when Wess and Darren announced they were on the Stormrage Server... I've got a 60 Priest and a 46 Mage and I never see them on... I've told both of them I'd help em out if they ever needed it. (60 priests don't offer often :wink: )

anyway, any Hak5'er that's come to stormrage let me know, I have no set schedule so yell if ya see me... (Kenadak is the priest, Sparked is my mage)

happy hunting

(and yes, I was on Stormrage since launch (long before digg or hak5 :P )

MMORPGs are dangerous in my opinion... it's scary what people do in real life because of them... they pay to subscribe to the paid for games, they spend hours, days, weeks, even months and years playing them, ignoring their real life and friends and family only to end up dead because they tried to sell virtual gold on eBay... no, not my thing I'm afraid...

Here comes my WoW rant:

I hate WoW :-) More and more friends are stopping to play it and giving away their accounts so they won't continue to play. They're students after all so they had lots of time to spend for their accounts. One of them has 140 ingame days, others have only near 100 or just 80. Dude, 140 days - that's 20 god damn weeks or 3360 hours of WoW! Well, I also played it in beta days and I bought it, but it's not my taste. Too much repetition :-)

quoted for empathis without the me playing it... but i have friends with more than 140 days :S

Darren cancelled his account months ago.

Darren and Jenn Cutter(from OpenAlpha) had a WoW radio show, in the beginning of the year. They both cancelled their accounts. :(

Not sure about Wess. and I had seen Alli, but I think she had some issues with a laptop running WoW.

There's still the chat channel on Stormrage we used to use named warroom. no password.

The warroom was the name of the radio show.

I refuse to play WoW, or any other mmorpg. I already spend too much time on the computer! I'm trying to get a life, a girfriend, the "normal" stuff!

"normal" is just a state of mind. Most people wouldn't consider any of us "normal" for just being so into comuters. I have a life and i still play wow, granted I can't play like I use to back in the day but I can still find time in my day to pwn some nubs at wow ans cs. I guess it just depends on how much you like the game.

I've been playing for about 5 or 6 months now. My wife and I started accounts togehter, we play toghether most times.

It all comes down to self control, when we first started we really wanted to do nothing but play, but didn't. Besides, if I play too much I will miss all the cool crap my kid does, no game is worth missing that stuff.

I've been playing for about 5 or 6 months now. My wife and I started accounts togehter, we play toghether most times.

It all comes down to self control, when we first started we really wanted to do nothing but play, but didn't. Besides, if I play too much I will miss all the cool crap my kid does, no game is worth missing that stuff.

I agree. I really enjoyed playing WoW with Jenn or Wess. Not so much fun playing by myself. And in those 2-3 months of playing I was able to keep it under control. I don't think I played more than 10 hours a week at most, and many weeks I'd play none at all.

Oh, and I remember playing The Sims Online beta with an ex-girlfriend and it was great fun because we lived 50 miles apart and it gave us a way to chat and play something we really enjoyed (The Sims in general) together.

if I play too much I will miss all the cool crap my kid does

What? like burp and fart?

No, like post crap on myspace, chat on AIM, send texts on their cell. The important moents in a clilds life. :-p

I weep for the future

I'm part of that future, and I'm already scared.

if I play too much I will miss all the cool crap my kid does

What? like burp and fart?

No, like post crap on myspace, chat on AIM, send texts on their cell. The important moents in a clilds life. :-p

I weep for the future

I'm part of that future, and I'm already scared.

Me too, I want to move to a nice nutral European country. I should be safe there when american pop culture colapes society.

Ok I'm really sorry 2 hear that. Guess I have 2 move to silver hand now :( God I hate starting from 0 :D Anyway. I just started getting into wow and I can tell u 1 thing. YES it is addictive. And yes I do spend much time on it. BUT on the other hand, I DO have a girlfriend and all the "normal?" (i believe the word was) stuff that GROWNUPS :))) do :D So wow IS addictive, but only if u let it be. Hey darren if u ever decide to play again contat me --> I'll give u a free shiny red apple. All the best. P.S. When is the 5th going to come... I've gotten homesick 4 hak5 :D Peace