Anybody get to play with any equipment worth bragging about?

decepticon_eazy_e

I set up a 10gig network today... It was between two Sup32-10GE supervisors with xenpaks. I feel very 1337 and nerdy today. I did a 10gig ping! It just seems like something someone with my job experience or lack there of, should not have access to. I don't think that many companies or schools have the need to justify that cost, therefor I assume not that many people have messed around with 10gig stuff. Sometimes we build servers with 128gigs of ram and terabytes of space, but that doesn't seem as cool. I've messed around with some 8gig FC switches, but those don't seem to compare to the mighty 10gig.

Anybody else have access to some really cool/rare resources at work that are worth bragging about? Post pics if you got em!

I have a 10Gbps e-penis today.

I have a 10Gbps e-penis today.

Yep, strokin' that epeen.

um... when I was in 11th grade (...too long ago to tell how long ago) i got o play around with two old decommissioned cray Sun super computers. knew jack crap about unix @ the time, so eventually we ended up calling them the 30,000 foot stools because the people from nasa that donated them were supposed to give us a training session with them but never did...

Was really awesome though, and well ahead of their time (compaired to home/business pcs) both computers had l.e.d. mice which were just coming to home pcs and they both had 24" crt monitors that thinking of it now probably would kick somewhere in the 1600x1200 res. range.

Oh if I could go back..

I'm waiting for Metatron to tell us about the time he use the A380 for a beer run.

haha, although I have done contracts for Airbus in the past, sadly I think they would not be up for that. At the moment I have access to a large amount of operating commercial satellites and some that are in the design stages. I have access to a high end Cray XMT as well as having two personal Cray CX1 under my desk. I've got a contract at the moment where I've got access to a cryogenic particle detector that operates below −198 °C which we are using for energy research (that has to be the best new toy for me).

• 3 months later...
uh i built a rig with crossfire 4870's x2, that was sick... the thing had 16gb ram ocz reaper ram i think... quad core proccesor.... that thing was neat... not really brag worthy though..

Depends if you hack NORAD with it.

uh i built a rig with crossfire 4870's x2, that was sick... the thing had 16gb ram ocz reaper ram i think... quad core proccesor.... that thing was neat... not really brag worthy though..

I would be willing to bet a considerable amount of money that it was 8GB of RAM and not 16GB.

Remember, it's not the hardware it's how hard you pwn with it :P