In your opinion, when is 1337 speak acceptable?

PoyBoy

When is 1337 speak ok?  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• NEVER!!!!
    • When the speaker is an uber-expert
    • When the speaker has moderate knowledge/understanding
    • It's their choice. I dont care.

D0n’7 d0//n 74||<, ub3r |337 M4c d4ddy p1mp’5, bu7 53r10u5|y 17 m4|<35 p30p|3 |00|< |1|<3 7h3y 4r3 r374rd3d.

I had a migrane half-way through reading that.

woops i thought you said I went and had margin (fake butter) I was thinking...whoa.....fatass... haha

I only use leetspeek to answer someone who uses it at me. And usually in a way that makes fun of the original user.

Leetspeek was kind of hip 10 years ago. Nowadays, you just come off like a wannabe who's too lazy to read up on current events.

It's like SMS/MSN-speak. W8 for wait, etc. Where the characters sound like the word except it's less typing. *THAT* I can understand as it serves a purpose. It's still silly (like typing a few characters less will make that big a difference) but at least they're not deliberately trying to make it hard to understand what they're saying.

D0n’7 d0//n 74||<, ub3r |337 M4c d4ddy p1mp’5, bu7 53r10u5|y 17 m4|<35 p30p|3 |00|< |1|<3 7h3y 4r3 r374rd3d.

wow, i don't mind people use this language (may be funny), but sometimes it's really difficult to understand, specially in english... :oops: