Hey hackers !

I'm working on the reaver module. I think I'm near a beta release.

EDIT : v0.4 Released

Features :

• System check (install reaver if not already installed)
  • Choose where to install reaver (internal or USB)
  • Select the interface to scan (based on networkmanager module)
  • Select AP to attack (based on networkmanager module)
  • Launch/Stop the attack
  • Auto-Refresh output
  • 3 switches (-c, -a, -S)
  • enable/disable interface
  • reworked layout
  • Wiki page added in the pineapple wiki
  • NEW : Fix bug : check if reaver is installed
  • NEW : Propose install on usb only in case of detection of a mounted drive

Future Features :

• Reaver options (all or most useful available arguments)
  • Verbosity level
  • Trigger alert on key found
  • Start at boot
  • [postponed][new] use of wash to scan ap (wps checker) -> I'm still having issue with this command, postponed until 100% working.
  • [new] manage logs (internal/usb, move and copy, log cleaning (empty or delete)
  • You choose ...

Github (contribute coding, wiki (to merge with pineapple-wiki), ...) : https://github.com/Hackrylix/reaver

Official Wiki : http://cloud.wifipin...u.php?id=reaver

Credits to Whistle Master for the use of parts of his code.

What kind of feature do you want ? How do you want I show the module page ? Any suggestion is welcome !

Cheers

v0.4 screen shots :

selection008z.th.png

Edited by Hackrylix

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amazing work! looking forward to this be available in module list! :)

Would it be possible to also add wash? to check if the network actually is using WPS?

Thanks for support and suggestion ! ;-)

Wash will maybe used instead of "iwlist int scan" Or maybe 2 modes of scan : classic (networkmanager) & WPS only (wash)

keep on working...

Question :

Which monitor mode is the best for reaver ? :

ifconfig wlan1 down
iwconfig wlan1 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan1 up
[/CODE]

or

[CODE]airmon-ng start wlan1[/CODE]

Cheers !

Edited by Hackrylix

Thanks for support and suggestion ! ;-)

Wash will maybe used instead of "iwlist int scan" Or maybe 2 modes of scan : classic (networkmanager) & WPS only (wash)

keep on working...

Question :

Which monitor mode is the best for reaver ? :

ifconfig wlan1 down
iwconfig wlan1 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan1 up
[/CODE]

or

[CODE]airmon-ng start wlan1[/CODE]

Cheers !

I have found that if you if you use ifconfig wlan1 down then ifconfig wlan1 up on the pineapple it will only scan on channel 11 so I use

ifconfig wlan1 down

airmon-ng start wlan1

mon0 will then scan on all channels

Hi,

I've included a ui screen in original post.

I'm running into trouble with the monitor mode. sometimes the wlan1 interface goes down. Investigating....

Cheers !

Do you run wlan1 off of a USB hub? If yes and it is not powered, that could explain the issue.

If no, it is possible that the pineapple can't supply enough power and a powered USB hub may be needed.

Give reaver a shot with wlan0, does that work?

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hi,

I'm not running on HUB.

I can't scan with my wlan0 : No data (interface doesn't support scanning). keep on trying...

The module is near to be OK.

Hope the first release this week-end.

Wash won't be in the first release (need more parsing on the wash output)

Is the current layout good for you ?

Cheers !

Yes the layout look good!

Looking forward to the weekend(no pressure ;))

However, will it be possible to add commandline switches? Like if one would like to run --dh-small for instance? This might not be needed though, just a question :rolleyes:

And this will work on 2.6.4+ only?

EDIT

I can see that this will be added later.

Edited by loozr

If i'm not mistaken, looking at the UI makes me think that some parts of your module are using my modules code (e.g. Wifi Survey), right ? ;)

Right, I applied the rule : read to learn.

I had a look at your modules : awesome ! Great coding skills and good ideas !!!

Is it open source or have I to recreate the wheel ;-) ?

May we work together (with other dev) to develop a strong framework ?

Regards

Hackrylix,

I've possibly run into some similar issues working with reaver on the command line and can share my experiences. If you're still having issues, maybe what I've learned will help. If not, then disregard.

I noticed I had to take down the 'phantom' monitor interface first (mon.wlan0), then wlan0, THEN start wlan0, and FINALLY put it into monitor mode to properly get it to work, and also NOT be stuck on channel 11 as others have run into.

So I had to:

ifconfig mon.wlan0 down

ifconfig wlan0 down

ifconfig wlan0 up

airmon-ng start wlan0

After all this, I had a virtual interface, mon0, that worked nicely for reaver.

Once side effect seemed to be that, in order to get back to being able to run Karma I had to reboot to get the 'phantom' interface back, but I'm sure those better than I could figure out how to revert without rebooting.

Hope this helps, but either way thanks for diving in and putting together a nice reaver interface. Much needed, and looking forward to it.

Edited by GoAxe32

Hackrylix,

I've possibly run into some similar issues working with reaver on the command line and can share my experiences. If you're still having issues, maybe what I've learned will help. If not, then disregard.

I noticed I had to take down the 'phantom' monitor interface first (mon.wlan0), then wlan0, THEN start wlan0, and FINALLY put it into monitor mode to properly get it to work, and also NOT be stuck on channel 11 as others have run into.

So I had to:

ifconfig mon.wlan0 down

ifconfig wlan0 down

ifconfig wlan0 up

airmon-ng start wlan0

After all this, I had a virtual interface, mon0, that worked nicely for reaver.

Once side effect seemed to be that, in order to get back to being able to run Karma I had to reboot to get the 'phantom' interface back, but I'm sure those better than I could figure out how to revert without rebooting.

Hope this helps, but either way thanks for diving in and putting together a nice reaver interface. Much needed, and looking forward to it.

Hey GoAxe32,

Thanks for the advice. I'm still having issues using the wlan0 interface (investigating...).

The interface mon.wlan0 doesn't exist on my MKIV. Does anybody have the same problem as me ?

Cheers !!!

Hi everybody,

I just finished the module development and it seems to work (except log-output auto-refresh...) : should be fixed soon

I'll submit it tomorrow when I wake up (its 2:50 am here) : need some code cleaning ;-)

I updated the UI in the orgininal topic. Just let me know if you need more info on the screen (such as : ip_adress, mac, uptime, df, log-size, ...)

It is a basic beta module so just let me know if you encounter some troubles or suggest some improvement.

And a special thanks to WM for his impressive module & dev skills !

For info, most of the code is from his awesome modules (eg: network-manager, site-survey) so all credits to him !

Cheers