Europeans views on the US

K1u

I do think alot of what America is doing at the Moment is wrong with the invasion of countried with oil. But, they could do some good if the were to invade countried that could benefit from some order. Such as Zimbabwe. But, America wont do it as Zimbabwe dont have oil.

We like Americans, but generally think your rude, fat, poorly educated and overlay religious. We also understand that these people in your population are the most vocal and that a lot of you are non of the above. We just wish you would stop sending the first lot over to Europe to stand in the middle of a street full of local restaurants asking loudly for directions to McDonalds. But you do have a culture thats more optimistic, which is a double edged sword as it leads to email sigs which read "And you have a *GREAT* day today!"... but somehow puts people on the moon. Recently you seem to have gone crazy from power, the whole world police thing you have going is a nice idea but your crap at it. You need to have a sit down and rethink your approach, your amazing at blowing shit up but you need to start following through and rebuilding failed states. Your political system is also in need of a overhaul, stop electing nutters!

Lets not confuse our Governtment and currently elected politicians with the people of America. I didn't vote for the current administration, and for the past 8 years have said to have Bush impeeched. They don't speak for me, and there are a lot of Americans who feel the same way when it comes to attacking countries like Iraq and going after them only because they had oil.

I am sure people of the UK are not always happy with their Government, their actions or the views the have on the world and how they are represented by the few in power.

I could take this sentence "I just wanted to see some Europeans views on the NWO and other things of the USA, the attacks on innocent countries for money, oil, and of course globalization etc..." and replace the USA with any other country in the world, and you probably get pretty much the same reactions.

What about China? Iran? Cuba? Pakistan/Israel?

The world is a fucked up place, and no one place is safe, free, or healthy to the extent that the people and the government work for a better cause. Sure, there are places that have key things we all want, like free health care, low taxes, less violence, racism, discrimination, etc, but you find all these bad traits in every corner of the world.

Lack of communication and understanding about other people and their cultures is usually what leads to conflict and it only escalates from there...

Nobody is ever happy about what they have got. I am not a big fan of our Current Brittish Government. I find it funny that they are no longer in power in Scotland, they were beaten by the SNP (Scottish National Party).

And find it even funnier that they were beaten by a bunch of Racists... sorry, BNP (British National Party) in England.

what has been happening in the states right now more than likely would have been stopped anywhere else in the world, watch TV or internet and you see European,Asian Spanish countries that riot for their right and put themselves on the line for what they believe. what do Americans and Canadians do. we write a fucking blog and hope someone else stands up for us, hopefully the democratic party will turn the USA around for the better.

one good thing about the last 8 years for the USA is that now they are aware that all their guns and ships and army is not good enough to break people down and pillage foreign countries. sounds harsh and i feel sorry for all the American soldiers in Iraq but the country had this coming to them.

The United States of America as a political entity deserved 9/11 (and probally let it happen), but the actual people who were killed didn't. I do feel sorry for them and there family's before anyone jumps on me for being a "moslem commie", I just feel its important to make a distinction between Nation States and the people who direct its actions, and the people who just happen to live there and wind up in the middle of a war on there way to buy milk. Sometimes with the US its hard to do given the ridiculous levels of patriotism that seem to be normal though. Why is it like this?

The United States of America as a political entity deserved 9/11 (and probally let it happen), but the actual people who were killed didn't. I do feel sorry for them and there family's before anyone jumps on me for being a "moslem commie", I just feel its important to make a distinction between Nation States and the people who direct its actions, and the people who just happen to live there and wind up in the middle of a war on there way to buy milk. Sometimes with the US its hard to do given the ridiculous levels of patriotism that seem to be normal though. Why is it like this?

I do feel sorry for what happend on 9/11 but America probably knew what was coming. In two ways, the American People could probably feel the growing hatrid for them all over the world, and the American Government definetly had some form of informations (even if it didnt point to what happened). Not that I believe in all the Conspiracy Theories.

We like Americans, but generally think your rude, fat, poorly educated and overlay religious. We also understand that these people in your population are the most vocal and that a lot of you are non of the above. We just wish you would stop sending the first lot over to Europe to stand in the middle of a street full of local restaurants asking loudly for directions to McDonalds. But you do have a culture thats more optimistic, which is a double edged sword as it leads to email sigs which read "And you have a *GREAT* day today!"... but somehow puts people on the moon. Recently you seem to have gone crazy from power, the whole world police thing you have going is a nice idea but your crap at it. You need to have a sit down and rethink your approach, your amazing at blowing shit up but you need to start following through and rebuilding failed states. Your political system is also in need of a overhaul, stop electing nutters!

----> If only it weren't true.

I am an American (man I never thought it would hurt to say that)......and Vako said it pretty well..... As Vako said ther are many Americans who fit the above sterotypes...to which I would also add the following attributes of selfish, wealthy, naive, ignorent and intolert. (IMO) Many Americans can be compared to a spoiled 5 year old.

As for "electing nutters": I'll put it very simply..... special interst groups and corporations run our gov. We have very little actual say as Americans in our Federal Government, its conduct, and policies. Most of our limited democratic power is levied from State elections and at the state level....and even at this lvl special intrest groups controll a majority of the political process. America is less of a democracy the most other nations....

There is a terribble fear and complacenecy in America that is instilled in us from childhood. Our media is full of death, terror, fear, and non-stories...and often censored. We are taught that it is ok for protest to be met with swift and exacting force by law enforecement, that the gov can sieze your assests and suspend your rights as a citizen, that your place of enployment can fire you simply for being an activist taht they find "unpopular to their image". We are also taught it is ok for the government to lie to you as long as they come clean years later when no one cares or when the impact is low.(becasue they know what is best) And the worst part is a majority of the population is complacent.

I would like to say that there are a small number of Americans who feel the same way as the rest of the world about this country, our political system (perpetually broken), our societal beliefs (terribble), our own culture (meh), our educational system (FAIL), and incorporation of religion (very scary). However, it is difficult to mobilise this minortiy due to fear of reaction (by gov, employer, peers, ect)......and as far as I have seen there is no movement, and no leadership by which to cultivate such changes within America.

Do I put myself "on the line" for what I belive in....you better goddamn belive it....but I also know what the consequences are and I will not fault those who are afraid and complacent becasue of it.

I would like to add at this juncture that the US is the only country on the planet that can make decent sci-fi TV shows. Which is why I'm hoping that you people can at least hold some semblance of rationality together until Battlestar and Lost have finished. After that your on your own.

I would like to add at this juncture that the US is the only country on the planet that can make decent sci-fi TV shows. Which is why I'm hoping that you people can at least hold some semblance of rationality together until Battlestar and Lost have finished. After that your on your own.

Not a Doctor who fan?

Nah... its ok. But its a kids show. The concept is amazing, but the re-imaging they have done is so weak, its like the cast of Blue Peter have half-inched the Tardis. I would love to see what someone like J.J. Abrams or Ronald D. Moore could do with the show, something at least a 15.

Nah... its ok. But its a kids show. The concept is amazing, but the re-imaging they have done is so weak, its like the cast of Blue Peter have half-inched the Tardis. I would love to see what someone like J.J. Abrams or Ronald D. Moore could do with the show, something at least a 15.

The mobile phone thing in the most recent episode really annoyed me. Agreed.

When i say America is mean USA.

I'm aussie and shit. America is great. When compared to other countries ;).

11/9 was a sad day for those who had family or relations in those buildings and a big hit to America's pride. Unfortunately on 11/9(12/9 in Australia) they did TV footage all fucking day not even simpsons was on. Thousands die everywhere else in worse circumstances but they are luck to get 2 mins of TV. But that's not Americas fault that's my fault as an Australian for allowing it to happen and not expressing my views on TV coverage for that day.

Reasons i'm currently pissed off with America. Back when America was mad cow(BSE) free. They set their import standards really high. But now that they have it they are forcing others to lower their standards and risk their own industries. I hate America because they are the reason that the investigation was launched into the Australian Wheat Board which caused it's dismantling therefore instead of 1 body selling for Australia we will have 50 or 60 competing and giving farmers the lowest price :(. While their is an argument that with out the AWB farmers will see better results I'll believe it when it happens. Did you know in America they have a name for bribes? They call it export enhancement.

I LOVE America for their country music!

"We like Americans, but generally think your rude, fat, poorly educated" - VaKo

k1u in a nutshell

i also agree with my aussie counterpart no simpsons on a weekday was terrible it was just the fucking bbs and cnnnn news and crap.

I like Americans. I don't like politicians.

Lets say there's a large perceived difference between the wants of the American people and the actions taken by the US Government. No wonder your presidents get assassinated!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately on 11/9(12/9 in Australia) they did TV footage all fucking day not even simpsons was on.

Thing is that heaps of shit round the world gets blown up, but they just happen to do TV footage of it all day for 11/9... So either it was all a setup to create a war on "terror" || It was all just made worse by the media, making it seem worse than it already is, helping to keep people in fear of the world and turn to their government to protect them.

Well that's my conclusion anyway

You forget, America hasn't been attacked on its own soil since Pearl Harbor (which ironically, America knew about before hand and ignored it/let it happen so they could enter the war... ). And that was a far flung mil-base, the last time the US mainland was attacked was over 100 years ago. So when the most powerful nation on the planet gets attacked, and the targets happen to be 2 iconic towers in an iconic city and the military HQ of the most powerful army on the planet, its News! Some market bombing in Whogivesafuckistan that kills a bunch of people you didn't even know existed is just plain old news.

You forget, America hasn't been attacked on its own soil since Pearl Harbor (which ironically, America knew about before hand and ignored it/let it happen so they could enter the war... ). And that was a far flung mil-base, the last time the US mainland was attacked was over 100 years ago. So when the most powerful nation on the planet gets attacked, and the targets happen to be 2 iconic towers in an iconic city and the military HQ of the most powerful army on the planet, its News! Some market bombing in Whogivesafuckistan that kills a bunch of people you didn't even know existed is just plain old news.

Well that is true...

Wow funny that I just finished watching the documentary "America Freedom To Fascism"

Now I'm cynical, check it out at:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...duration%3Along

It's not quite the full thing, which you can find as second to most popular file on btjunkie.org (IDK if I'm allowed to link it here so I won't)

90% of the planet hates the U.S.

but the fact of the matter is that the people most of the planet hate are about 5% of the U.S.

not much of the country are the power hungry, gun crazed, political maniacs you see on tv and the internet.

the fact of the matter is(at least for my area) that most people are so sick of how things are they have given up on the country. and are just trying to live their lives quietly.

although our country is democratic that doesn't mean that the leader that was elected represents the views of the majority of the country. only a small percentage of people in the U.S. are registered. and only a small percentage of those people even vote.

personally the way the political leaders look lately i think im just gonna skip voting. there is no worthwhile leader that could be elected in my opinion. there are plenty of people in this country that could run it well. but none of them are in the election or even political figures for the most part.

i apologize on behalf of my country for invading oil countries. thats pretty much because the people in power right now have access to oil wells or stocks in oil and make a fortune because of the invasions. hopefully that will clear up soon.