OMG NEW FORUMz

sablefoxx

New forums are very pretty! :rolleyes:

defiantly digg'in the new design!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found only one problem, but its not very big and is probably just down to the theme (and that's just because I got a glimpse of what it looked like before): When you go into the reply page, the 'Add Reply' button is way down the screen ( On a monitor running 1680x1050) I am sure it can be fixed by editting the associated PHP Page, but I don't know which one that is because I deal with SMF mainly.

meh, I love some of the new features and hate others, so for now file me under we'll see.

oh and you broke my links :angry:

Oh my god, that avatar will kill somebody............

Ok, this might be a dumb little question, but how can you tell that a new reply or new topic has been posted in on of the sections?

On the old forums, the little picture/icon would change in color, stating that either a new reply or new topic was made.

:) two thumbs up on the new forum, looks really good.

maybe a stupid question but how can you see now if there is a new post in a certain thread? Cause I can't see it anymore, it used to be bold when there was a new post. How can you see it now?

Ok, this might be a dumb little question, but how can you tell that a new reply or new topic has been posted in on of the sections?

On the old forums, the little picture/icon would change in color, stating that either a new reply or new topic was made.

:) two thumbs up on the new forum, looks really good.

Mark all posts as read, they'll go grey, then new posts will turn the icons black. The link to mark them all red is down the bottom of the main page.

I love this forum, although I wish that when I click a link on the main page (index) that was recently posted to, it doesn't send me to the newest, I always need to scroll down. I wish there was also a breadcrumb at the bottom, so I don't suffer scrolling too much syndrome. The max post per page limit should be reduced.

Other than that, these forums are awesome! I love the "fast reply"

The max post per page limit should be reduced.

There are options to change this from your profile. Actually, there are quite a few new options you can customize, go through them to see.

http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04

There are options to change this from your profile. Actually, there are quite a few new options you can customize, go through them to see.

I looked there, but didn't see it. I'll go check. brb

Edit: Yay, it worked! Now if it would just jump to the newest post, I'd be fine.

I looked there, but didn't see it. I'll go check. brb

Edit: Yay, it worked! Now if it would just jump to the newest post, I'd be fine.

There are options (Somewhere) to change the layout to decending instead of ascending. Can't remeber where I saw it though. Have to just go through the site and play around for a while, but there is probably a way to make the newest show first.

There are options (Somewhere) to change the layout to decending instead of ascending. Can't remeber where I saw it though. Have to just go through the site and play around for a while, but there is probably a way to make the newest show first.

I didn't mean ascending or descending, I meant something like the "#new" in smf.

Ex: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/in...?topic=236816.0#new (not sure if that is exact)