Who listens to techno and trance

K1u

I started out as a generic techno and trance fan and slowly found my own style with electronic-pop stuff like Fischerspooner and The Postal Service.

That's not to say I'm not still fond of my original techno roots, mostly all from the UK, in the early/mid-90s. Here are some picks from the evolution of my musical interests over the last decade.

90s: BT, Orbital, Orb, Prodigy, Fluke, Olive, Poe

Early 2000: Massive Attack, Dido, Thievery Corporation, Morcheeba, Mono

Last few years: Imogen Heap, Jem, Fischerspooner, The Postal Service, The Killers, Royksopp

I started out as a generic techno and trance fan and slowly found my own style with electronic-pop stuff like Fischerspooner and The Postal Service.

That's not to say I'm not still fond of my original techno roots, mostly all from the UK, in the early/mid-90s. Here are some picks from the evolution of my musical interests over the last decade.

Last few years: Imogen Heap, Jem, Fischerspooner, The Postal Service, The Killers, Royksopp

Nice I will have to listen to them.

Check this dood out- http://www.djjurgen.com/

I love techno and trance, anyone listen? Its awesome party music.

Kinda a broad topic don't you think? sure i listen to techno and trace, though i'm into set sub cultures of the genre. For me its more Hard Style, Dirty House and Happy Hardcore, though i no longer listen to alot of my Happy, it more gets the skip button. As for trance, im not really a big fan of it, and only really listen to two groups, Infected Mushroom, and Front Line Assembly.

As for the Techno, C Brown, Hixxy, One Love, PNAU, The Presets, Access 3, Tomcraft, Re-Con, Dark Oscillators, A-Lusion. and Shit loads more, but there the ones ive been Live.

Almost the same path as you. I got to see BT live in Atlanta and it is still one of the greatest shows I've seen. I also like the experimental bands that dabble in the techno sound such as the killers, postal service, and one you didn't include Radiohead.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and im a dj too, thats about all I listen too. Nasty drum and bass or really funky house

drum and bass, funky house, electro house, hard trance, uk hard nrg, if anyones wants some free mixes of mine hit me up on msn  focus.nrg@gmail.com

sorry guys, I prefer the classic rock period, although I like sometimes some trance/techno/jump/fill in... but give me some decent black sabbath or deep purple or pink floyd, iron butterfly and I'm happy to.  :P

And please snakey, don't say techno is crap, you have to respect everyone's music style. 8-)

sorry guys, I prefer the classic rock period, although I like sometimes some trance/techno/jump/fill in... but give me some decent black sabbath or deep purple or pink floyd, iron butterfly and I'm happy to.  :P

And please snakey, don't say techno is crap, you have to respect everyone's music style. 8-)

Lol I honestly cant listen to slow music. If its classic it has to be something hard, or I just move up to some black/death metal.

Lol I honestly cant listen to slow music. If its classic it has to be something hard, or I just move up to some black/death metal.

Oh yeah, some grindecore^^

Hell yeah, do you also listen to blackmetal btw?

• 3 months later...

I love techno and trance music. Much of my collection is made up of it.

http://www.last.fm/user/Snubzors

That's my last.fm page

Yea, used to listen to Techno. Back in the day there were a few pirate stations that used to play it before it went all euro- and mental.

I once watched a docu on Raves in the UK, there were alot of pirate stations back then in the 80-90's I suppose.

I once watched a docu on Raves in the UK, there were alot of pirate stations back then in the 80-90's I suppose.

As a Londoner - the home of the modern UK pirate station (a bit of not so subtle trolling there) there are still loads of them. When I was I younger they were the only source of information about nights out, music etc.. that I and many others bothered with. I'm sure it's still the same. If you're not into rock and/or pop there are no other stations.