October Desktop

DeGrijze

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the site I found the background on: http://www.themecreative.com/wallpaper/cg-...-landscape.html

Th eimage itself: http://www.themecreative.com/wallpaper/dig...landscape_2.jpg

and yes, I am partial to Mario. Super Nintendo version and N64 are my favs, Then NES Super Mario 1 and 3. Hated part 2 (though it was actually another game with the characters changed to mario charaters and then released as SM2, I never considered it a Mario game).

I made my Own mario theme with icons and all, but the one in that background was made to match the desktop wallpaper.

What can I say, Master Chief makes me horny...

I hope master Chief is a woman under that uniform...

@DLSS - Yeah. I don't understand the purpose of posting the entire picture even if you resized it using the width and height adjustment, it is still the same as the original file size. It is the same file when you click on it(as in, still 1.7 meg) Either put up a small thumbnail(a real resized image) or just post the link.  Why evne try to shrink it with width and height to fit in a post if your still using the original file?

I try to keep the file size down to under 100k if I  post the image itself, otherwise I just put a link to it. Takes too long to load a bunch of wallpapers when everyone has uncompressed PNG files of their desktop posted in each post.

@DLSS - Yeah. I don't understand the purpose of posting the entire picture even if you resized it using the width and height adjustment, it is still the same as the original file size. It is the same file when you click on it(as in, still 1.7 meg) Either put up a small thumbnail(a real resized image) or just post the link.  Why evne try to shrink it with width and height to fit in a post if your still using the original file?

I try to keep the file size down to under 100k if I  post the image itself, otherwise I just put a link to it. Takes too long to load a bunch of wallpapers when everyone has uncompressed PNG files of their desktop posted in each post.

cos i didnt kno and didnt bother to check ... just used the feuture of the website ...

[CLICK TO ENLARGE]

SPAM ALARM

lol XD

@SomeoneElse

Its a part of a 3rd party graphical update to windows xp called xpize. Its contains a settings program that allows you to set the desktop to tile mode. Its very likely its just a simple regisrty setting but i've not invesitgated any further personally.

My main desktop as of now:

Is that an alternative desktop shell other than Explorer.exe? I like the semi transparent toolbar and wondered if it is possible to do this on mine by modifying explorer.exe somehow. Havent tried making semi transparent themes, so maybe I will give that a try and see what happens.