Pandora's Jar 8.* w/ fixes (newest release)

darkone_05

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I finally got it to work.

My trick was simply using Flash 7 instead of 8

Nothing that fancy or complicated.  Just follow the instructions, and if you find that it's not working for you, try switching to Flash 7 instead of Flash 8.

However, I do still suffer from a bug.

in looking at the colsol of Firebug, it would appear that I'm unable to get the first Song that plays.

However, after that, I can get the rest of the songs.

Nothing major, but I still find it slightly annoying.

But, at this point, I'm glad to have it working at all.

Thanks guys.

Oh, and to all web developers, I highly recommend Firebug  :-)

I'm sure this post will get the boot, but I appreciate any response.

Is Pandora Jar legal?

Does it fit Pandora's TOS?

So, should I be using Tor w/ it?

Cheers.

It might be legal, but if you use TOR to evade the block, it's not legal.

Yea... I've still not ever been able to get this working.  I've tried both flash7 and flash8.

It appears the files are never being written to my temp folder.  Is there any reason why?

Is this the way Pandora's Jar is supposed to look when it opens?

Welcome to Pandora's Jar - darkone_05 edition

Attempting to lauch on port 8085...OK!

[ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 connected to server.

Greetings from Canada

I found Darkone's  Pandora's Jar the other week.  Its one of the best programs that I've found in a long time.

I found it very easy to setup.

I'm running Vista Basic on my daughters $300 Acer box

Firefox 2. 0. 0. 9

PJar Ver 8. 1

Removed  Flash 9 and installed Flash 8

Edited pluginreg file as per the instructions.

It worked the first time out.    I did not install Greasemonkey or Flash switcher.

I find that its best to start PJar with cruse control disabled, capture the first song manually and then enable cruise control.

As far as Pandora restricting access to only the US.  What a joke.  Pandora can be accessed from any country outside the US using a very simple method that does not involve the use of TOR.  My issue is that I don't  know how to disclose this on a public board for fear of countermeasures from Pandora.

Keep up the good work. . . .

Hi,

Don't you get the feeling that we are the cobayes of Pandora?  When Pandora's Jar

was improved they also improved but we've lost most of our man-power so Pandora

seems to wait patiently that progress is made to raise yet another counter-measure,

these days...  It would be easy to kill Pandora's Jar definitively for everyone but it

still works, how come?...  I wonder, maybe it's a game and the reward for those who

play is music on one side and a tighter implementation on the other.  Perhaps the

people who use Pandora's Jar happen to be testers, actually, and when Pandora

will feel they have what they want they'll locked us out and throw the key.  So, my

advice would be to start looking for alternatives and adopt Pandora's perspective

in the meantime.  That's why i became worried with "ethic" lately.  From their point

of view, it wouldn't matter if we were effectively "Time-Shifting" Pandora but there

is a problem related to the .MP3 format which provides great sound but also allows

the listeners to keep that music indefinitely.  I thought Pandora was supposed to be

a streaming radio, not a free-for-all juke box for insatiable juvenile leeches...  For

all we know, the Pandora coders read this forum religiously and their boss is waiting

until he has decided that there's no further benefit for Pandora to let us play around.

:shock:

Hi,

Don't you get the feeling that we are the cobayes of Pandora?  When Pandora's Jar

was improved they also improved but we've lost most of our man-power so Pandora

seems to wait patiently that progress is made to raise yet another counter-measure,

these days...  It would be easy to kill Pandora's Jar definitively for everyone but it

still works, how come?...  I wonder, maybe it's a game and the reward for those who

play is music on one side and a tighter implementation on the other.  Perhaps the

people who use Pandora's Jar happen to be testers, actually, and when Pandora

will feel they have what they want they'll locked us out and throw the key.  So, my

advice would be to start looking for alternatives and adopt Pandora's perspective

in the meantime.  That's why i became worried with "ethic" lately.  From their point

of view, it wouldn't matter if we were effectively "Time-Shifting" Pandora but there

is a problem related to the .MP3 format which provides great sound but also allows

the listeners to keep that music indefinitely.  I thought Pandora was supposed to be

a streaming radio, not a free-for-all juke box for insatiable juvenile leeches...  For

all we know, the Pandora coders read this forum religiously and their boss is waiting

until he has decided that there's no further benefit for Pandora to let us play around.

:shock:

duh, of course they follow this all the time. the only problem is you can't pass out something from the web and let people use it but not have it.  For you to listen to the songs they have to give you a copy first so your computer can play it but once your computer gets it there's nothing stoping you from doing what you want with it I can strip the music from pandora on any computer that funs firefox with out any external program.

So, Pandora just needs to support MSIE only (like with

Yahoo! Music) then ban anything previous to Flash v9.

then I open ethereal but MSIE is a dieing breed Opera and firefox both will take more market space from them selfs  away from IE and they will have no choice but to support them all,  but again my same statement stands you can let someone listen to it on a computer and not let have have a copy

Hi all! Once again, I'm loving Time Shifting with Pandora Jar. :-D

Is anyone else having problems scrobbeling to Last.FM? My tracks are showing up as having been played 4 hours before they actually did. Last.FM is therefore thinking they're spam with my iTunes submits correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Apparently Pandora has updated their site (i do not know the date or time) and now apparently the SWF not only encompasses the player, but there is also a "Pandora Extras" section as well. 

I am not sure if this is what is inhibiting the hack to work, although I am sad to say that it appear, at least for now, that Pandora's jar is closed.

Hi,

As far as i'm concerned i never seen the Artist/Song info boxes and Grab button working

using my Linux Live CD version of Pandora's Jar but i can tell you that manual capture

is still possible, which most likely means that whatever changes you've noticed they're

just not meant as an attempt to disable Pandora's Jar at all...  When they decide to put

a stop to Pandora's Jar no doupt even manual capture won't be possible, in my opinion!

• 3 weeks later...

This is what the Log is telling me as I am running it in Firefox.  Please somebody help

Attempting to lauch on port 8085. . . OK!

localhost connected to server.

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

Hi,

If we all had the same setup one post would fix them all but right now

there are too many variables and the only way to debug these things

is to get detailed log files hoping there's some clue inside.  Can anyone

recall where the log file is?...  Maybe someone here can assist you,

once you've published your log-file, that is.  If it doesn't help at least

it might happen to be instructive, good luck!

;-)

This is what the Log is telling me as I am running it in Firefox.  Please somebody help

Attempting to lauch on port 8085. . . OK!

this problem is  common with the new firefox 2.0.0.10  (i posted in the pandora installers thread)    not sure why, but pandora just doesnt seem to like  the new firefox so I had to go back to 2.0.0.9

Ok so I followed this first version of how to do this and like other times I have followed all the steps properly. Pandora Jar runs and the console does also. It looks like it works and even says grabmp3() complete. However, when I look in the folder specified the music is not there. Also the pandora jar java box that runs gives me messages like this...

Software caused connection abort: socket write error

I am using FF just for the record. I see above you downgraded FF. Did that work? If so how do I do that? Will I loose my extensions?