Pandora's Jar 8.* w/ fixes (newest release)

darkone_05

was trying to run PJ 8.1 with XP, current Java, flash 7 and/or 8, greasemonkey, Firefox v.09, and constantly got "socket write error" and "unable to write...make sure running firefox" messages. read thru forum posts and tried numerous fixes to no avail. problem was first song wouldn't download on manual or automatic...but if grabbed in the last 5 or 15 secs of song, would grab the correct song. if left on auto or grab manual at any other time, would grab previous song. was not running last fm, and no cddb lookup.

installed PJ standalone and WORKS PERFECTLY.

GREAT WORK!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got all the info and setting back but now I am getting

localhost connected to server.

Software caused connection abort: socket write error

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

Help!

QUOTE (Tears @ Thu, 04 Dec 2008 02:55:23 +0000) *

I accidentally clicked settings when I right clicked the Pandora screen with the Pandora grabber going. I couldn't get ride of the menu screen so I closed the window and started it again. Now there is just he Pandora window nothing else on the screen.

I get 2 different things:

First off I get

Welcome to Pandora's Jar - darkone_05 edition

Attempting to lauch on port ****...OK!

[ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

And just the normal Pandora screen comes up. No skins or anything just the normal Pandora window so I cant save any of the songs.

Secondly:

Ill get

Null

Just like that and the same thing, just the normal Pandora screen...

How can I get the options back so I can start saving the songs again?

I keep getting MP3's with 64 kbps, has Pandora started using that? :(.

Although, I don't hear the difference. Maybe it's fake?

Hi all, my first post! I read a little on Pandora's help FAQ's and it looks like they're moving to 64kbps AAC+ files now. They claim it's just as good as the 128kbps MP3s. Can Pandora's Jar be tweaked to save as AAC?

• 4 weeks later...

I have managed to get the band info (just showing the info in the shoutbox) working.

Also i made it so that it will pull the album image from last.fm or amazon (whichever one is available for that song)

however i still have a little work on this one so that it will use the largest image on amazon. I already have the last.fm one using the large images (aprox. 300 - 350px wide).

It appears that the CDDB website has changed since this app was made so pulling the info from their site is not the same. I will also add that it totally sucks as you cant search by both song title and artist anymore, just 1 or the other.

Because of this i am working on pulling the information from last.fm instead. I already have the album name working, and since i also got the album art working again it saves the album art and tags the proper album :) More than anything those two things were what i really wanted.

Anyway, i will release the code for it once i finish what i want to work on and test it a little bit. It will be a little while since school will be starting for me tomorrow and i also have work which takes priority (sadly).

If i find i don't have time i can always release what i have as its better than nothing and someone else can finish it up.

• 1 month later...
I have managed to get the band info (just showing the info in the shoutbox) working.

Also i made it so that it will pull the album image from last.fm or amazon (whichever one is available for that song)

however i still have a little work on this one so that it will use the largest image on amazon. I already have the last.fm one using the large images (aprox. 300 - 350px wide).

It appears that the CDDB website has changed since this app was made so pulling the info from their site is not the same. I will also add that it totally sucks as you cant search by both song title and artist anymore, just 1 or the other.

Because of this i am working on pulling the information from last.fm instead. I already have the album name working, and since i also got the album art working again it saves the album art and tags the proper album :) More than anything those two things were what i really wanted.

Anyway, i will release the code for it once i finish what i want to work on and test it a little bit. It will be a little while since school will be starting for me tomorrow and i also have work which takes priority (sadly).

If i find i don't have time i can always release what i have as its better than nothing and someone else can finish it up.

That would be very cool if you could release that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe Pandora has finally made the most recent version of Pandora's Jar not function. Pandora.com no longer displays song info in the Firefox tabs, and therefore when I click to "Grab This Track" it has null values for artist and song name. =(

• 1 month later...
update

new pandorasjar 10 alpha available

Album art + ID3 tagging

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzdncn1jlqm

Compatible on mac and windows / any browser

Quick setup:

prerequisite:

java 1.6.0 or later must be installed

on mac - make sure java is updated to current version (sys pref/updates)

windows - download from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

hint

you get get your java version by opening terminal(mac), cmd(windows)

type: java -version

you should see something like this: Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06-153)

if your is lower than [build 1.6.0_07 ] you need to upgrade

run-it:

Open terminal(mac) or cmd(windows)

cd to this dir (cd path/tp/this/file)

java -jar pandoras.jar

"lets grab some m4a's!!!"

Configure browser proxy - in firefox/mac (file/pref/advanced/) enter value [http://localhost:8888/proxy.pac] in Automatic proxy configuration. Works in both mac and windows, any browser.

Open browser and navigate to http://www,pandora.com as usual.

Files will be saved when you thumbs up a song - find them in the padorasjar dir under mp3 - songs are grouped by pandora stations.

I have confirmed app works in Pandora One mode (windows and mac (firefox-latest version)) - highly recommend this configuration (192kbps/joint stereo)

enjoy, again....... more to come

I am getting a null pointer exception in the main class in pandoras.jar when trying to run it. Help!!!!

Awesome, I can confirm that this works in Ubuntu linux. Was waiting for a while for something like pandorasaver that would work in linux. One question/request: is there a way to save the music in some kind of folder hierarchy like pandorasaver - by artist and album as well as station?

• 2 years later...

is it just me? i've been using pandora's jar for quite sometime but recently localhost:8085 now redirects to www.pandora.com

i've been sticking with pandora's jar since it is slow-internet-connection-friendly. pls help. tnx

• 9 years later...

is this project still operational?  Lol....kinda going thru a time capsule of a couple old HDD's laying around since I've been working from home!  And kinda forgot all about Pandora's Box.....but I recall "development" of pandora jar - though box still worked so i didn;t; jump into it....lol.  well, lo and behold......14 years later haha....i find the installer of the old pandora box, but obviously, won't work properly, I mean, the wrapper WORKS but pandora won't load, likely due to using the old IE engine ;)  It prompts for a browser update lol.

But I browsed this thread, and can't seem to find any working links to DL pandora's jar....?  Is it dead?  most of the links back to the forum seem to be dead.  but then i was thinking too, lots of reference to "Flash" - I think flash is now dead via Adobe....?