Pandora's Jar 8.* w/ fixes (newest release)

darkone_05

Question for you.

Got it working, sweet!!!

Here's the issue I'm having.  I've noticed that the CDDB lookup is taking its information from the same place that the webpage uses to create the page title.  It is setting the title on the first load of the page, but not on song changes.  I've implemented a workaround by setting Songs before Reload to 1, and it now reloads the page on each new song, and the titles come out correctly.

I can't seem to get it to do the lookup on any song beyond the first one at page load.  What could I be missing?

TIA,

CJ

UPDATE: I got it figured out.  Thanks.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone help me. . . . ?  I'm almost at the end of my rope.

No matter what version of PJar that I use Firefox 2. 0. 0. 6 will just not load the Pandora Player.

I running on Windows Vista Home :{

- Have flash player 8 installed

- I have Edited the Mozilla pluginreg as instructed

The problem is that it lets the Pandora player  load about 3/4 of the way through then it just stalls forever. 

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I would appreciate any help on this, thanks

Can anyone help me. . . . ?  I'm almost at the end of my rope.

No matter what version of PJar that I use Firefox 2. 0. 0. 6 will just not load the Pandora Player.

I running on Windows Vista Home :{

- Have flash player 8 installed

- I have Edited the Mozilla pluginreg as instructed

The problem is that it lets the Pandora player  load about 3/4 of the way through then it just stalls forever. 

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I would appreciate any help on this, thanks

that happened to me yesterday but it only lasted about 20 minutes then the problem went away, it may have been a problem with the pandora

server

Update...

I believe the problem is with Firefox b/c I open pandora.com on IE or the Firefox IE Tab add-on and it loads no problem.

for some reason the Pandora player just won't load on a regular Firefox tab browser even with all the scripts allowed.

Cloud the Adblock add-on cause any problems loading the player?

Again, the player load status bar just loads 3/4 of the way and stalls.

Any other Ideas?

And thanks for the reply's

From razor's post:

Pandora's Jar 8.0 installer Download link:  http://www.mediafire.com/?evtet4xqxle  (darkone just did version 8.1 (I am currently on my pocket pc so when i get to my desktop, i will make a installer for it and replace the link to this one with a installer for version 8.1)

So, if you used the installer, you installed 8.0, not 8.1.

Give 8.1 a try.

ok, so i have given 8.1 a try and it's still not working properly for me... and whenever i try to change default.properties to save my files as <artist> - <song> - <album> it doesn't actually apply the changes. before it at least used Unclassified Album or something like that and now it only saves as <artist> - <song>

any ideas?

When I Run Pandora's jar I Get This In The Window

Welcome to Pandora's Jar - darkone_05 edition

Attempting to lauch on port 8085. . . OK!

[ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

localhost connected to server.

Connection reset by peer: socket write error

unable add track to last. fm: Unable to authenticate to last. fm

Software caused connection abort: socket write error

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

Ne Idea?

DarkOne, is it possible you can create Pandora's Jar as it should be?

My perfect Pandora's Jar is just a normal Windows application, like Pandora's Box.

But with ripping functions!

Normal menu's, nothing fancy, easy installation (Just a program), and no extra log-box.

Is this possible?

Having some trouble.  I've even un/reinstalled firefox, tried the older version 2. 05. .  and keep gettin the message

and then the message

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

Also, when using the Flash switcher extension, I noticed that in examining the pluginreg. dat file even though I did switch to 8. 0 it always has continued to say 9. 0.

What could be going wrong?

-Spencer Money

Ok, I've been scouring the blog for the answer to this before I make a fool out of myself, but here goes 'cuz I couldn't find the answer. 

What am I doing wrong?  I followed all the instrutions madman posted, including grease monkey and the flash switch.  I switch over to Flash 8, but I keep getting a dialog box saying ----

"Windows cannot find 'javaw'.  Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.  To search for a file, click the start button then click Search. "

It will not access the website.  Any pointers for the newbie would be appreciated.

Madman I think your solution is here.  I had the same errors/problems..

Downgraded to Firefox 2.05, Installed the Manual Install Package of the JSE (jdk-1_5_0_12-windows-i586-p) then I went and installed Pandoras Jar 7.4.  One step this included that I didn't previously do before was to copy bin/jacob.dll to the windowssystem32 dir.  Still the installation didn't work but then I copied the 8.1 files (overwriting the existing) to the pandora dir.

And guess what?!?  It finally works!!

-Spencer Money

Ok, I've been scouring the blog for the answer to this before I make a fool out of myself, but here goes 'cuz I couldn't find the answer. 

What am I doing wrong?  I followed all the instrutions madman posted, including grease monkey and the flash switch.  I switch over to Flash 8, but I keep getting a dialog box saying ----

"Windows cannot find 'javaw'.  Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.  To search for a file, click the start button then click Search. "

It will not access the website.  Any pointers for the newbie would be appreciated.

i know everyone says that it should work if you downgrade to flash 8 but i've always had to use flash 7 with the switcher. try that see if it helps.

So now I've been fooling with the software for a while and I love it but here are my new grovels...(arg) :)

I'm not sure why the delay on ripping the mp3, I've use the orbit downloader before and you can actually rip the song your listening to, and the next one to play after that within a few seconds before you've even skiped to the next.  Of course there's no id3 tag info which is why we're all here right? So anyways Pandoras Jar seems to hang up sometimes and not rip the mp3 right away, it wants to wait for the bio .  to come in which doesn't always seem to happen within the time it takes for the song to play and so it will actually not rip the song because it didn't get the bio in time.  At least that's how it appears to me - I haven't looked at the code one bit.  So can we just make it rip the mp3, tag it with the ID3 and call it good without requiring the bio first?http://' target="_blank">

It seems that when a song is missed, the whole tagging scheme gets messed up, and the software mislabels the mp3s.

In other words, it doesn't rip an mp3, because it hang on the bio info, so the next song gets riped but gets the label from the previous song.

Anyone else having this issue?  Anyone scour the code to find where the problem may be?  I think the temp work around is to not load the last.fm software, thus no bio, thus no hang, and no miss labeling songs.

-Spencer Money

Whow. . . . thanks . . . pandora. jar  is re-running  after months of abstinence due to the IP- blocking for non-us residents.

I am so happy now everything runs again.  I have been following this project since the very beginnings

Thanks again dark one.

Pandora pushes the limits higher and higher: Tor + config /  firefox +proxy config / flash 8 + flash 9 to 8 hack / flash switcher / greasemonkey + config /  JRE / and Pandora's Jar + config. 

5 Programs + 3 plug ins involved, all must perfectly match in their version and  config settings. . .  :-?

So the skyscraper is getting higher and higher.

Which is good, because my hope is that one day the pandora guys give up in trying to put even more barriers in, because the audience who will find ways to avoid them (its a natural law, pandora guys!)  is reduced to a rather small bunch of restless people. . . .

The thing has become so complicated, that it is unlikely a simple one-click GUI implementation willever be possible. . . there are simply too many steps to do before, and everything is constantly changing. . .  so no fear for Pandora that one day something will happen as with the iPhone unlock-movement. . .

Sorry for the off-topics...I am just happy :-)

Though, there seem to be some minor glitches:

First, the properties file was a little confusing at unpacking of the installation, initially it was nearly empty:

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir
# NOTE:  Forward Slashes!!
mp3.retry.count=10

Does this makes sense?

I then added the entries of my old default. properties file (don't remeber the version of pandora, must be from december 06 or so)

But two things do not work:

• [li]The file and path pattern don't work, they seem simply skipped. 

(I want to have each channel in its own subdir, like specified in the default. proprties file below)

What does the new "Saving using hierarchical folder structure" combo is intended for in the GUI? It doesn't seem to matter, but I may be wrong. .

I left the 'MP3 Save Directory' empty.  Or can I now put the format pattern there?

[/li]

[li]The 'genre' should be set to the channel name.  Neither this works. [/li]

(some  comments removed to make it shorter):

#number of times to retry fetching the song (with 1 second intervals)
mp3.retry.count=10

# ***** file names and paths properties ******
# archive path is constructed in the following way:
#   path+dir+filenameformat
#   path must end with a /
#   dir must not contain any /
#
# the defaults are: 
#   path is the directory from which pj is running
#   dir is "mp3"
#   filenameformat is "artist/album/artist-title".

#uncomment the following line to set your preferred storage dir
# NOTE:  Forward Slashes!!
mp3.archive.path=c:/pandora/

#uncomment the following line to change the name of the default archive dir
mp3.archive.dir=mp3

#File/directory name format
# %a - artist; %b - album; %t - title; %s - station
# NOTICE: if no album / station data they will be replaced with "UNKNOWN"
# if nothing specified here, defaulting to: "%s/%a/%b/%a-%t"
# spaces are fine, don't add .mp3, use forward slashes don't start with /
filename.format=%s/%a/%b/%a-%t

# create playlist with name by station name, if true, "playlist.filename=" is ignored. true by default.
playlist.filename.bystation=false

# *** id3 tag comments override ****
#uncomment the following line to remove the comment from the id3
#comment.override.enabled=true

#uncomment the follwing line (and the one before!) to set your own comment
#comment.override=MyComment

genre.setstation=true

A typical log for a song then looks like the following:

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - copying file[D:DOKUME~1xxxxLOKALE~1Tempplugtmp-26-7] to temp[D:DOKUME~1xxxxLOKALE~1TemppandorasJarTmpFile.mp3]
WARN Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - unable to save img - albumImgLoc: null songInfo: SongInfo{album='null', artist='Ron Sexsmith', title='Cold Hearted Wind', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', [b]genre='null', station='null'[/b]}
INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - adding ID3 tags: SongInfo{album='null', artist='Ron Sexsmith', title='Cold Hearted Wind', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', [b]genre='null', station='null'[/b]}
DEBUG Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - cruise on - dealing with file manually
INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - Moving current mp3 to folder
INFO Thread-2 util.Util - SongInfo{album='null', artist='Ron Sexsmith', title='Cold Hearted Wind', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', [b]genre='null', station='null'[/b]}
INFO Thread-2 util.Util - Destination path: null

Again, thanks for the great work, and also thanks to pandora to let us still alive. . .  :-)

I am moving away from the config file presently, so that would account for it being nearly empty.

The options you were looking at were from a different release than the one that I was using as a base, so those options are not currently present.

I havent had a chance to fix the broken img lookup, so that explains that in your

My dev box is currently down, so I do not have access to the files; not to mention class projects are getting close to due, which explains the lack of release for a looong time.

Thanks for understanding the limitations of what can be done as well. I have had a few people that are saying that I should make it more like Pandora's Jam, but they never offer to donate money or help out. This is a free tool that I am doing in the non-existent spare time of my schedule.

hey darkone i get that you've got classes and stuff and i really appreciate you taking the time out to do this... and maybe the reason i'm not seeing what i was looking for is because i used the automatic installer, but i don't see any source files that we can actually take a look at anymore as in previous releases. i mean i'd actually be willing to try and help (even though i haven't done any coding in quite some time).

just a thought and i think you're doing a great job so i think you should be proud of just how rad this free tool is so far.

All of my source is on the dev box right now. I am going to start packaging it back with the release. I didnt include it in the last couple releases because... well... I am not sure off hand, a combination of wanting to keep it lightweight and lazyness. As soon as my dev box is back in order (mobo is on its way to me as we speak) I will try to get the next one released.

Pichet, I think I am going to release the next version when I get me dev box back up. I was going to add more, but I can do that in another release. In the version that will be immediately released, I allow the ability to define a custom TEMP path, so that should help out with your problem.