Pandora's Jar 8.* w/ fixes (newest release)

darkone_05

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No joy so far.  106.gif

slax5linuxpandorasjarv8hn6.gif

The "Temp Directory" field clears itself when i refresh the page after clicking on [save Settings],

Pandora's Jar remembers what some other fields contain but this one is an exception - not to

mention that Linux uses the slash "/" character instead of the back-slash"" one of DOS/Windows.

Is there a way to impose the value which is contained in the "Temp Directory" field by writing

it to one of the configuration files?  Right now this section behaves as a display page only...

Hi again,

Well, the field pointing at the temporary files directory now seems to work as intended:

the value is retained after i saved the settings and then refreshed the page but it's like

Last.FM wasn't working and i know it should because i just checked my credentials on

their site and my account is active all right...  I wish the creator(s) of Pandora's Jar

were with us to take a look at this implementation.  You've done your best, i still might

have done a mistake but maybe there's something more fundamental that i don't see

at the moment, like using a slash where there used to be a back-slash, whatever...

Thanks anyway!  :cool:

Hi,

I think i must investigate about the 'build.default.properties'

setup file, there's a 'project.root.dir' field out there which is

equal to "." while in fact i've got '/user/lib/'.  I also need to

examine 'build.personal.properties' and 'default.properties'

so every detail related to these three configuration files may

prove to be helpful in the end.  My fingers are still crossed...

105.gif

Hey!

I'm experiencing a problem with Pandora's Jar 8. 1. 1 under Win XP professional, using firefox 2. 0. 0. 7

Pandora's jar is loading, but when i click on "grab this track", it keeps saying "Fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist.  (. . . ) song (. . . ) and stay frozen, never loads the song. 

It happens since something like two weeks, and i don't know where it's coming from. 

Greasemonkey and Flash switcher are still loaded, using Flash 8. 0 r24

Thank you in advance

I'm using:

Firefox 2. 0. 0. 3 (downgraded from 2. 0. 0. 5 via uninstall/reinstall of 2. 0. 0. 3)

Flash 8. 0 r24 AND/OR Flash 7. 0 r63 (via Flashswitcher, after complete uninstall of Flash 9 through Flash Uninstaller)

Latest java runtime

Greasemonkey script AND/OR edited plugin file

Pandora's Jar 8. 1. 1 (latest installer) AND/OR 7. 4. CF7

I've tried various combinations and permutations of the above configurations (I'm a friggin poet) and I've had the same problem every time.  When I load Pandora's Jar in firefox via pandora. bat, the interface loads with the exception of the actual Pandora player.  Where it should be, the space remains completely blank (white).  The status bar in Firefox indicates that data is being transmitted from Pandora. com, goes through a few "Waiting on. . . " and "Transferring from. . . " flashes, then says "Done" even though the player never loads.

As Razor suggested in an earlier post, I completely uninstalled Firefox then reinstalled it (with an earlier version, just in case) to see if that would help, but to no avail.  I've also tried multiple versions of Pandora's Jar.  Is there anything else that could be causing the player not to load?

Mightn't there be a problem with my Java? I installed the latest version of the runtime from Sun's website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I already appreciate the revival of the PJ project.  Please help me enjoy the fruits of your labors.

UPDATED:

I've found something that will make the Pandora Player work, but now I just can't download any songs.

If I use FlashSwitcher to switch to Flash 9.0 r45 and turn Greasemonkey off (it sometimes works with Greasemonkey still enabled, but always when it is disabled thus far), then load Pandora's Jar, the player will load correctly.

If left alone after loading, the status just stays at "Waiting" even though Cruise Control is on. Pressing the Grab button gets the "unable to locate artist and song info" message in the browser and the "unable to rip MP3 null" message in Pandora. Any thoughts?

Keep in mind, if I use Flash Switcher to go back to anything before 9.0 r45, the player *will not* load.

Flash switcher should work if you have Greasemonkey on and you're using Flash 8 or under. Mine only works with Flash 7. But it won't actually load Pandora if you're using Flash 9.

What I actually did was uninstall the older Flash versions and reinstall the latest Flash version, but also downloaded Flash Switcher and Greasemonkey.  With all of that done, it works perfectly for me.

I'll try uninstalling Flash and then installing the newest version of Flash. Then I'll try using Flashswitcher + Greasemonkey again.

But, I've already tried that combination after completely uninstalling Flash and then installing Flash 8. That didn't work. So I tried Flashswitcher to go back to Flash 7, and that didn't work. All of this was done using Greasemonkey as well.

I'll get back to you on whether uninstalling Flash, installing Flash 9, then Flashswitching to 8 or earlier works. Thanks for the help.

UPDATED:

After a complete uninstall of Flash, now using Flash 9.0 r47 (with Greasemonkey on OR off), the Pandora player will load. Pressing Grab will cause it to say "Fetching ID3 tag information..." Now, Pandora gives the error "Unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you are running Pandora in a FIRFOX browser"

Well, I *am* running it in Firefox (2.0.0.5) on this computer. Thoughts?

Not working for me either.  I followed the instructions to a 'T'. . .  or at least I think I did :).

Specs:

firefox 2. 0. 0. 8

flash switcher running 8. 0 r24

greasmonkey enabled with Pandora's Jar

pandora 8. 1. 1

here is whats in the logs:

INFO Thread-2 server. Server - 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 connected to server.

INFO Thread-2 server. Server - handling request

INFO Thread-2 server. Server - processing url: GET /process?action=grab&artist=Air&title=Once%20Upon%20A%20Time&album=&genre=&comment=ripped%20by%20[PaNDoRas%20jAR]%20your%20source%20for%20listening%20pleasure&year=&cruise=on&albumImgLocaction=&pandoraUserName=rsteagall@gmail. com&pandoraTempDir=c:pandoratemp&pandoraSaveDir=c:pandoramp3&folderSave=off&stationId=&cddbLookUp=off&addToItunes=off&_= HTTP/1. 1

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - params found: 17

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: action value: grab]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: artist value: Air]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: title value: Once Upon A Time]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: comment value: ripped by [PaNDoRas jAR] your source for listening pleasure]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: cruise value: on]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: pandoraUserName value: xxxxxxxxl@gmail. com]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: pandoraTempDir value: c:pandoratemp]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: pandoraSaveDir value: c:pandoramp3]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: folderSave value: off]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: cddbLookUp value: off]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - adding param: [name: addToItunes value: off]

DEBUG Thread-2 server. Server - processing request with action: grab

INFO Thread-2 servlet. ProcessAction - handling mp3 request

INFO Thread-2 servlet. ProcessAction - Finding current mp3

INFO Thread-2 util. Mp3Processor - locating mp3

WARN Thread-2 properties. DefaultProperties - Unable to load tmp mp3 retry count property.

DEBUG Thread-2 util. Mp3Processor - TEMP: c:pandoratemp

DEBUG Thread-2 util. Mp3Processor -

***processing directory: temp***

DEBUG Thread-2 util. Mp3Processor - no more mp3 found in dir

INFO Thread-2 util. Mp3Processor - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second.  loop count: 1

INFO Thread-2 util. Mp3Processor - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second.  loop count: 2

INFO Thread-2 util. Mp3Processor - Mp3 file was not located retrying after 1 second.  loop count: 3

INFO Thread-2 server. Server - unable to rip MP3

java. lang. RuntimeException: unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

at util. Mp3Processor. findCurrentTmpMp3(Mp3Processor. java:59)

at util. Mp3Processor. findCurrentMP3(Mp3Processor. java:25)

at servlet. ProcessAction. handleMP3Request(ProcessAction. java:42)

at server. Server. handleHTTPRequest(Server. java:110)

at server. Server. run(Server. java:83)

INFO Thread-2 server. Server - unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

Thoughts???????

Espyonage,  I'm using firefox 2.0.0.8 so a higher version of firefox shouldn't change anything. but it sounds like you're using Flash 9. Just because you have Flash 9 installed doesn't mean that should be the one running in the browser. you want to use the flash switcher to have it on Flash 8 or 7 and definitely have greasemonkey running. I can't think of anything else right now that might be messing with your system - sorry it's been quite a while since I installed it so I'm trying to remember all the little things I had to do to get it to work.

redbone, try running flash 7 with flash switcher. I've never gotten mine to work with flash 8.

Yeah, it's hard to be clear with all of the Flash #'s floating around, but let me explain again:

The Pandora player will not load (the area remains blank after trying to load...no flash message...no nothing) when any version of Flash is loaded other than Flash 9. If the Greasemonkey script is loaded while using Flash 9, the Pandora player will not load.

With no Greasemonkey and with Flash 9, the player will load, but Pandora's Jar gives the "make sure you are using Pandora in a FIRFOX browser" error message. That's where I am now.

Espyonage, yeah I know it is hard to be clear. and I do remember having a fair bit of trouble trying to work everything out for myself as well.  Did you follow this bit too:

<i>

Pandora jar has been blocked by the pandora network. this is a temp solution to this problem.  it will allow you to use pandora until a official fixed version can be released

Step 1: Go to C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataMozillaFirefox

Step 2: Right click on a file named pluginreg

Step 3: open with notepad

Step 4: Press Ctrl + F

Step 5: type in the word "flash" then press enter

you will see a line named(example)

$

Shockwave Flash 8.0 xxx R22|$

Shockwave Flash|$

0|application/x-shockwave-flash|Macromedia Flash movie|swf|$

Step 6: locate the 8.0 xxx R22

Step 7: replace the 8.0 xxx R22

with

9.0.21 d55

then save changes and close.

</i>

that should be in the instructions somewhere (not sure if you missed that or not).  I'm at work now, but I'll try taking a closer look at my settings when I get home and see if I can jog my memory some more on this.

Yeah, I had done that before. But now after installing the latest version of Flash (before switching back with FlashSwitcher), it automatically changed my pluginreg.dat file to say Flash 9.0 r47 and that doesn't change.

But, I still have good news. With Flash 9.0 r47 installed, Greasemonkey script enabled, and Flashswitcher switched to Flash 7.0... the Pandora player would not load (as has been the problem). BUT - I right-clicked where the Pandora player *should* be, told Firefox to display "This Frame Only", which navigated to http://www.pandora.com/?cmd=mini. Here, there was still a blank white space where the player should be. I clicked Refresh - still blank white space. Then, I held CTRL + Clicked Refresh. Bingo. The Pandora player loaded. So, then I hit back. The Pandora Player loaded at the top along with the rest of Pandora's Jar interface. Then, like magic, Cruise Control started working.

So...it's working right now, as we speak. But I thought this information might help other people figure out what went wrong. If I can make the player not load again, is there any code or log that someone would need to see?

Hey guys... i've tried it on 2 different computers.  One was running vista and the other is running xp.  I have the same issues on both computers.  Everything appears to load fine, but it never saves to the temp folder and had nothing to decode.

Am I missing something obvious?!  Thanks for any and ALL help.