What Grinds your gears?

Arsenic

I hate my self when I mix phrases up (unless the result is funny. Example "crap packard bell" turned in to "crapard bell").

It also annoys me when I see some thing done on TV with computers that is (practically) impossible, the same applies to games (Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was very bad for this).

web 2.0 ... oo rounded corners...

ajax ... is nothing new

html ... instead of xhtml

pone ... say own.. plz.

chrstianity ... really really fucks me off

people in the street asking me for cigarettes, and lighters, and the time.

people in clubs asking me if i have, or want, e.

paying 100 pounds for a train ticket.

having to get up at 6am to catch said train.

girls who think that guys should: make the first move, pay for everything, worship them ... welcome to the 21st century.

people on myspace who give their passwords to some script and moan when their account gets hacked.

*ding* ... the people in my building who keep forgetting their damn keys...

ppl who havent done their work and ask me for help.

It also annoys me when I see some thing done on TV with computers that is (practically) impossible, the same applies to games (Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was very bad for this).

ahh that frustrates the hell out of me! like when some crime show (e.g CSI) have a crummy cctv image... and zoom in to see a number plate all pixalated and the it magicly displays the image perfectly

girls who think that guys should: make the first move, pay for everything, worship them ... welcome to the 21st century.

Thats a biggy too, dont get me wrong I dont mind openig doors, giving up my seet on a bus ect but when girls expect bigger presents from you than they give you. Thats very annoying

I also hate the way people follow others, whats rong with using your own mind!!

I also hate how they depict technology on the TV. Expecially Compyters. When a computer craches, Smoke dosent billow out and you cant gain access to someone elses computer when its off and you cant gain access to something by typing "Overwrite Password"

I also hate how the media depict hackers. We are all hackers. Its crackers that society hates, not hackers.

Girls who won't reciprocate oral sex, yet demand it.

Privatized "public" transport, hospitals and prisons.

People who drive huge cars and trucks, yet seldom carry passengers.

Arrogant police.

People who wait until they are stood at the till being asked for the money before they start searching for there wallet.

Teenagers (trust me, as soon as your no longer one, you realize how annoying you were).

The apathetic public who won't vote or follow politics but still feel they have a right to complain.

Politicians who are just in it for the money.

Digg.com - Mob rule does not have anything to offer society, it just defaults to the lowest common denominator.

Hippies/militant eco warriors - Learn some history and stop thinking you can live like a native American *and* keep your iPods & hybrid cars.

People who belive that freedom is a right, not something you have to earn.

A great deal of humanity.

having to change my password every 30 days at work, and not being able to use the same password i use 60 days back

Edit: this gets annoying when you have about 5 paswords to remember and they all expire at different times.

having to change my password every 30 days at work, and not being able to use the same password i use 60 days back

Edit: this gets annoying when you have about 5 paswords to remember and they all expire at different times.

How else would your system admin get back for all the crap employees pull (ie my computer won't turn on. Did u plug it in?).

W4RP3D wrote

ahh that frustrates the hell out of me! like when some crime show (e.g CSI) have a crummy cctv image... and zoom in to see a number plate all pixalated and the it magicly displays the image perfectly

What you mean your local police does not have hummers to drive around in? And your local detectives dont know the chemical compounds of just about every product in existence? Glad i don't live there.

:roll:

What? You must not have the software I have, with just one click of the "Enhance It" button a pixelated 4-bit GIF becomes a high-res true colour image.

What? You must not have the software I have, with just one click of the "Enhance It" button a pixelated 4-bit GIF becomes a high-res true colour image.

damn i need to get one of those...

Not that I disagree with that, but there is some logic behind it. It's pretty rare for sex to end without a man climaxing, but fairly common for women, so other forms of stimulation need to be relied on.

Teenagers (trust me, as soon as your no longer one, you realize how annoying you were).

Heh, I've spent most of my teenage years (just 6 months left, yay) constantly cringing at the thought of the person I was a year earlier. I think self-loathing might just be an aspect of my personality though.

The apathetic public who won't vote or follow politics but still feel they have a right to complain.

Not very closely related, but it made me think of one of the things that really annoys me in this country: the first past the post voting system. Where I live there is no chance my vote will make a difference to the outcome unless I vote Labour or Tory, no other party gets anywhere near enough votes, making voting a futile act for me (I can't stand either party). I still vote (at least since I've been allowed to), but it's totally wasted. I would love a system of proportional representation by single transferable vote, but I don't see it ever happening. The current system makes a lot of people feel forced to vote for their least disliked of the two most likely to win parties, instead of whom they would actually like to win, which isn't how elections should be in my opinion.

Hippies/militant eco warriors - Learn some history and stop thinking you can live like a native American *and* keep your iPods & hybrid cars.

I don't really mind the former (I don't think most hippies are trying to life like Native Americans), but the latter seriously annoy me as well.

I'm a bit confused as to what that means. People start off in internment as babies and have to work their way out? I doubt you mean that, but I think the default state of people is freedom, so to not have it someone has to physically take it away from you. You can have it and prove you are worthy of it (or rather not doing anything to prove the opposite) but that's not really the same thing.

Not that I disagree with that, but there is some logic behind it. It's pretty rare for sex to end without a man climaxing, but fairly common for women, so other forms of stimulation need to be relied on.

Yeah, I have no problem trying to resolve that problem, and most women are cool with it. But there are some who have weird issues. I wouldn't doubt that women find the reverse true though.

I don't really mind the former (I don't think most hippies are trying to life like Native Americans), but the latter seriously annoy me as well.

I am over generalizing, but again you do meet them.

I'm a bit confused as to what that means. People start off in internment as babies and have to work their way out? I doubt you mean that, but I think the default state of people is freedom, so to not have it someone has to physically take it away from you. You can have it and prove you are worthy of it (or rather not doing anything to prove the opposite) but that's not really the same thing.

Freedom. Its the first thing people will take from you. What people don't seem to realize is that it has taken us 10000+ years to reach the level of freedom we have in the developed world. You may say we're not free, but if you care to read history you will find that we have an incredible amount of freedom. Things like the Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights, the abolition of the slave trade and the European Convention on Human Rights have taken a lot of time, and a lot of fighting for. Freedom isn't something which we have automatically, its something we need to stand up for.

Internet Explorer >6.0 (which im being forced to use now.. and have 3 windows open just for it)

the general public

Best Buys 'Geek Squad'

when people turn the sound on anything up needlessly loud

G4

TV news stations

Star94 Radio personalities (ATL, Ga)

people under 30 who cant type

Well now, let's see...

People who decide on a, for lack of a better word, creative pronounciation of an english word, and refuse to use the proper pronounciation of it even after you've pointed it out to them. Great examples are coworkers who insisted on pronouncing 'realm' as 'ree-ahlm', 'tier' as 'tire', that sort of thing.

People who don't lock their desktops when they leave their desks.

Venues being prissy about you bringing your digital camera along to a concert.

People who abuse others to make themselves look good.

People who take said abuse like it's a normal thing to be expected to happen to them.

People who decide that directly in front or even IN a doorway is a great place to have a longwinding conversation, and get annoyed when you push them aside so you can actually enter the room they're blocking. This is doubly so in shopping malls when a group effectively blocks half the hallway.

But the people most worthy of a quick yet painful visit from the angel of death are people who act on spam the way the spammers intended (buy the crap, invest in the stock, etc).

I generally find it the other way round, is that bad?

I hate it when tv and movies do somemthing with computers that is possible... but they dont show them actualy doing it.. the only movie iv'e seen thats remotly accurate is Firewall...