NEED HELP FOR MODS AND HACKS

Salvador

Oh right, so it involves active particpation from ones target. Seems logical but I was wondering if you could just pull down IP's passively without the targets knowledge? Or is this locked out for non-admin?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know you cant get an ip just like that, actually i figured youd comrpmised the site, you can stick it up your ass now, i am well aware of ip's having to be logged somewhere or using netstat on direct connection, i use my apache server for that now, i used to use an http server that displays and error page when yo connect to it, very lightweight and you can change the page too though i never bothered

i know you cant get an ip just like that, actually i figured youd comrpmised the site, you can stick it up your ass now, i am well aware of ip's having to be logged somewhere or using netstat on direct connection, i use my apache server for that now, i used to use an http server that displays and error page when yo connect to it, very lightweight and you can change the page too though i never bothered

Pardon? My origional point was (or should have been read as): "hey, how did you get his IP address for the nmap scan? that sounds cool, like something i ought to know how to do".

Anyhoo, i like the social enginering method, although i'll be more careful of links i click from PM's now.

and yes, it happens to be logical to me that if a person connects to a server then that servr will have the ip, for there was no interaction between your computer/s and his, i realize i may have sounded like a nub because of what i said, but i just jumped onto the forums after nmap

:(

and i rpobably had to much coffe and beer j/k

No worries mate, its the internet, we could all do to stop using cocaine as a coffee creamer some times. (/me counts the number of times he's mouthed off in a forum and sighs). No harm, no foul etc.

As for PHP hacks, no idea, but it would probally not go down so well.

salvador:

srry about that man, i shouldnt have jumped to conclussions so quickly, anyway i guess you do need some help with linux, first off you should know that linux isnt necesary the best operationg system, realize that windows and unix like systems (this includes linux which is based on the unix operating system) and windows systems are very different, if you like playing allot of videogames, you might want to dual boot with windows, so would have both on your hardrive and when you restart the computer you can choose between windows and linux.

anyway you can find linux versions of a couple of games, i stopped using windows period, since i only play quake3 now, quake3 is avaliable on linux

there are many versions of linux, this is because linux and lmost all the code/programs that run on it are opensource (which means that its inner workings are offered freely on the internet and also the inner workings of the programs that run on it, unlike windows (you just cant proffit from it, by law) id say you should go with http://www.ubuntu.com/ and after you install it head to the forums of ubuntu and look for a little program called automatix this will get your video and audio codecs going, BTW dont leave your computer while automatix is running, apparently if automatix takes too long if fucks up your system and youd have to reainstall ubuntu, but in reality you have to install both windows first and then ubuntu again, no fun.

this is a video tutorial on installing windows and ubuntu linux

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...ntu&pl=true

BTW ubuntu's default desktop is fuggly, after installing ubuntu you should gotto http://art.gnome.org/ and get yourself some themes

here is where you will be jumpstarted into the world of linux-like operationg systems: http://www.justlinux.com/

head to the library and look at the basic commands reference, thats always a good start

EDIT:t

he reason behind the open source concept is that by offering the inner workings of the operating system and of the programs that run on it, it becomes allot esier to code for it, youl probably be interested about that in the near future

EDIT:

http://www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/index.html

... look for a little program called automatix this will get your video and audio codecs going, BTW dont leave your computer while automatix is running, apparently if automatix takes too long it fucks up your system and youd have to reainstall ubuntu, but in reality you have to install both windows first and then ubuntu again, no fun.

WTF?!?

A simple program that is to download some friggin' codecs eventually starts chewing on your harddisk and spit it out at you? This would mean 2 things:

1. You're running this program as root. That's like lying on the tracks of a railroad crossing for 3 hours straight without knowing if anything will come by. Or as it's more commonly known: stupid.

2. The program is accessing the raw devices rather than simply tucking some files away in a nice little directory. There is *NO* reason at all for a program like this to need to do this. It's broken, and should be fixed. And by the sound of it, not used in the mean time.

would you STFU, i ran automatix it asks for root password and i only left for 45 minutes, this happend to me another 2 times when i had to leave the computer to go and do someting i was forced to do, thats fact

OK?

besides the kid is an amateur, i am giving him good advice

go work out your personal frustrations elsewere

would you STFU, i ran automatix it asks for root password and i only left for 45 minutes, this happend to me another 2 times when i had to leave the computer to go and do someting i was forced to do, thats fact

OK?

besides the kid is an amateur, i am giving him good advice

go work out your personal frustrations elsewere

why dont YOU stfu. i think cooper knows wat hes talking about. so stfu forum n00b :twisted: or we will get u labled forum noob like we did to syntax :twisted:

Intervention time.

Melodic, who cares what Spine says, seriously, this is a forum. "We" didn't do anything to Syntax, 'cause "We" don't run this forum, we just use it. Spine was trying to help someone, and then got irrate when it was pointed out that he's stupid. No-one likes that, so his reaction is understandable. Can we please be understanding of other people's opinions, and not threaten them childishly?

Cooper, you explained yourself clearly to Spine, and there's nothing wrong with your logic, so I can only assume that he responded as he did 'cause you posed your post in a way to attack his character, calling him stupid, and asking him wtf in big red letters. *shrugs* These things happen.

Spine, thank's for trying to help, and on the offchance that your way doesn't work out, Cooper has given some helpful advice. Don't tell people to stfu unless you are supersure that it's not going to lead to hostility, 'cause I kinda like this forum being a place where I can hang without reading people getting annoyed with other people.

Now, newbie, do yourself a favour and download the codex, relax while you're here, you're amongst geeks, and geeks are mainly cool.

People, remember,

It's just a forum, there's no need to be hating up in here. And by hating, I mean fedoras obviously.

you posed your post in a way to attack his character, calling him stupid

I did not call HIM stupid (though by now I'm really inclined to), but rather, I said that running a simple downloader as root is stupid. It opens up your system, allowing harmful things to happen. And it apparently did, proving my point: Don't run anything as root unless you absolutely _have_ to, and you trust that piece of software to behave.

and asking him wtf in big red letters.

I was shocked an amazed that there's apparently a program out there that will do this to your system. I don't know about you, but when a program intended to download a few files onto your system can bin your filesystem, and apparently take your Windows partition down with it (and I mean, seriously... WTF???), I tell people to NOT run the program, _especially_ newbies.

I think the situation has been explained now, by all involved and I think now's a great time to take VaKo's advice and ease up on the coke coffee creamer (hehe love that one) but I do understand how things do get out of hand and as such don't personally like to point fingers...

With that said, I do think someone may have reacted a little strongly, causing others to react to the possibly slightly harsh resonses made by said person... still, that program does seem to exist, we've learnt not to runt hings as root and we've learnt that Windows and Linux are different... so we've learnt something from the experience! ;)

I also agree though, that if a program does that, it's NOT FIT TO USE... if it can trash your partitions then do NOT touch it with someone else's box, let alone yours!

Pardon? My origional point was (or should have been read as): "hey, how did you get his IP address for the nmap scan? that sounds cool, like something i ought to know how to do".

Anyhoo, i like the social enginering method, although i'll be more careful of links i click from PM's now.

er i was reading the posts, but i didnt see this question answered. Apart from pm'ing a link,how did u get the IP? or were u lying?