NEED HELP FOR MODS AND HACKS

Salvador

"can bin your filesystem, and apparently take your Windows partition down with it"

anyone who comes to a forum and types all caps, knows barely anything about computes in general, he wouldnt have been able to fix it!!!!!! he probably has problems doing automatized shit in windows, understand that part clearly

i explained everything to him in a wattered down version of what i would have said, note: i didnt even say automatix was a shell script

EVERY TIME IVE RESINTALLED UBUNTU, IT HAS BASICALLY CHEWED AND SPITTED OUT MY WINDOWS "PARTITION", FILLED IT WITH ERRORS AND THE 2 PARTITIONS WOULD OVERLAP AND KILL EACHOTHER IN TIME

im no "noob" and i wouldnt say that to him if i werent concerned about the apparent issue its been having on my system

at which point im very interested in knowing something ASSHOLE, doesnt apt need root?

wait,wait....i think it does... now you still wonder why automatix needs to ask for a password? i hope not

P.S. i agree the program is broken but ive never had problems with it other than letting it wait too long, so pointed that out, it seems to work

darren should work on a flame-stopper PHP hack

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who comes to a forum and types all caps, knows barely anything about computes in general, he wouldnt have been able to fix it!!!!!! he probably has problems doing automatized shit in windows, understand that part clearly

Oh, believe me, I do.

i explained everything to him in a wattered down version of what i would have said, note: i didnt even say automatix was a shell script

And I did not imply it either.

EVERY TIME IVE RESINTALLED UBUNTU, IT HAS BASICALLY CHEWED AND SPITTED OUT MY WINDOWS "PARTITION", FILLED IT WITH ERRORS AND THE 2 PARTITIONS WOULD OVERLAP AND KILL EACHOTHER IN TIME

And you really want this noob to run it anyways? All he wants to do is learn Linux. Having a working mediaplayer doesn't exactly teach you a lot about Linux...

im no "noob"

And, again, I did not imply it either.

and i wouldnt say that to him if i werent concerned about the apparent issue its been having on my system

So why mention it in the first place?

at which point im very interested in knowing something ASSHOLE, doesnt apt need root?

wait,wait....i think it does... now you still wonder why automatix needs to ask for a password? i hope not

Apt, yes. But apt doesn't abuse the root privillege best I can tell. I've been running a Debian box for ages and apt never broke anything there...

The program at fault is automagix or whatever the name was. And from what you're saying it would appear that IT is becoming root aswell, which should not be necessary, and on top of that is dangerous.

P.S. i agree the program is broken but ive never had problems with it other than letting it wait too long, so pointed that out, it seems to work

darren should work on a flame-stopper PHP hack

Let me start by making a small suggestion: Read back this thread. Yes, I'm serious.

In this thread alone you told Vako to 'stick it up your ass', and told me to STFU, that I have personal issues I'm trying to square with you, and you called me an asshole.

And all that hate you direct at me is because I said 'WTF' and that running software as root is not something to be taken lightly.

The only flamer here, sir, is you.

Feel free to rant some more in response to this. I won't be responding to your posts anymore. It's probably better for everybody.

Hmmm.... i had a similar issue with ubuntu 5.10 on an ancient compaq laptop, that was due to using the auto-format function the ubuntu installer has. The issue was the laptop bios was held on a 7mb partition on the start of disk. Only way i found to get around it was to manually partition the disk. Windows would do this just fine though.

So my [totally n00baliscous] method was to install windows on the disk, then using ubuntu's live disk and gpart, create and extended partition, then place the ubuntu data and swap partitions in that. Using the NT boot loader it worked like a treat every time since!