newbi3

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the changes. I'm anxious to try this out as well!

Also, as a feature request, it would be great if EP could control other plugins and Nano configs (Change network, SSID, start PineAP, DNSSpoof, etc). That way we could make a single package that we just need to enable.

22 hours ago, RChadwick said:

Love the changes. I'm anxious to try this out as well!

Also, as a feature request, it would be great if EP could control other plugins and Nano configs (Change network, SSID, start PineAP, DNSSpoof, etc). That way we could make a single package that we just need to enable.

I like it, I'll add it to the list.

newbi3 any idea when the next version of evil portal will be submitted for review and addition to the module manager?  I am looking at downloading it from your github soon but curious if you know when you will be submitting it for review?  I know timelines are never completely accurate but just an estimate?

9 minutes ago, mojo0243 said:

newbi3 any idea when the next version of evil portal will be submitted for review and addition to the module manager?  I am looking at downloading it from your github soon but curious if you know when you will be submitting it for review?  I know timelines are never completely accurate but just an estimate?

I was going to do it this weekend but I want to do a few more things before I release it. We are probably looking at another month due to how busy I am at the moment. It might be sooner though if I have some un-expected down time to work on it but since this is a free project, paid gigs have to be my priority unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, newbi3 said:

I was going to do it this weekend but I want to do a few more things before I release it. We are probably looking at another month due to how busy I am at the moment. It might be sooner though if I have some un-expected down time to work on it but since this is a free project, paid gigs have to be my priority unfortunately. 

I completely understand the point of paid gigs.  Because I don't get paid for messing with my nano very often it often times gets put in a drawer and I am relearning everything that has come out since the last time I messed with it.  Again I completely understand that it may be a month or so before it is ready.  I would offer to help with it but HTML and CSS are all I can really code.  I can read and understand PHP and javascript but writing them from scratch I have not gotten good at yet.  I look forward to when it does come out though and I will definitely be getting the current copy off of your github for use now.  Thanks again or the excellent module.

2 hours ago, mojo0243 said:

I was just on your github and saw part of your to do is to create portal templates for users to choose from.  If you wish I can write the HTML and CSS with bootstrap while I am on my next business trip if you would like.

I appreciate it but I have something else in mind for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey boss,

Question about the captive portal on wifi pineapple mark 5 i saw the frozen java tut on youtube, how do i add more then one text field to be stored in the "stored.txt" file?

18 hours ago, Mr.Pupp3T said:

Hey boss,

Question about the captive portal on wifi pineapple mark 5 i saw the frozen java tut on youtube, how do i add more then one text field to be stored in the "stored.txt" file?

This is the last time I'll address this here. As I have said many times: "THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO ASK FOR HELP ON WRITING HTML, PHP, OR JAVASCRIPT. THERE ARE OTHER PLACES TO LEARN TO PROGRAM OTHER THAN THIS THREAD." Going forward from here I'll be deleting posts about stuff like this.

All you need to do is create a new input field in the HTML, give it a name, and then grab the data from the request and store it in a file.

So in the html you would have something like this:

<input type="text" name="email" placeholder="Enter an email address">

And then in the php you would get the value for "email" out of the request attribute and write it to a file

file_put_contents('/path/to/file.txt', $this->request->email, FILE_APPEND);

The only thing unique about this is the fact the you get variables in a request out of the request attribute of the Portal object instead of $_POST like you normally would. You should learn PHP and HTML if you want to make cool things. I can't hold everyones hand. Again please don't ask questions about how to write code. I make my tutorials on writing captive portals simple on purpose so people who don't know how to code are forced to learn how to code.  Here are some links to get started:

http://php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.request.php

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/php

http://www.w3schools.com/html/

Again going forward I will be deleting all posts like this from this topic. The internet is full of places where you can learn to write a few lines of code.

Thanks yea after i wrote that i did some research and learned some stuff i did the $_GET and it worked ill try your way thanks dude sorry again im new to this forum and i gotta get used to it.

29 minutes ago, Mr.Pupp3T said:

Thanks yea after i wrote that i did some research and learned some stuff i did the $_GET and it worked ill try your way thanks dude sorry again im new to this forum and i gotta get used to it.

Nothing against you personally I just have to enforce this rule I set otherwise this topic will get way to cluttered. In the future ask all questions about programming here: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/forum/40-applications-amp-coding/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get a simple captive portal working were the client enters his creds and later stores it onto the Nano.  (this part works fine)

My only issue is that once the credentials are entered, the client gets a message saying "You have been authorized successfully."  (from there, the client can navigate)

Instead of this message, could i simply have the client go to a specific webpage?  (like google.com or something?)

many thanks

update:

solved problem

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, cheeto said:

well, I wouldn't mind as long as i have more space....  perhaps this could be solved in future updates.

Another thing that might want to be considered is a portal import/export option for EP,  

Great module though

This is dependent on where the module is installed. So if you have it installed directly on the Pineapple, and not SD, that's where the directory will reside:

$dir = ($storage == "sd" ? "/sd/portals/" : "/root/portals/");

It can store on SD, you just need to install the module onto the SD card.

16 hours ago, cheeto said:

Hi guys,

Can Evil Portal store portals on an SD?

Or can it only be stored on root/portals   ?

Thanks!

Copied from the main post in this thread:

OPEN BETA FOR VERSION 3.0

The next version of Evil Portal is almost ready and I would like some beta testers. If you are interested head on over to the git repo and get the development code onto your pineapple. The installation instructions are in the readme. https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/tree/development

The new release has an entirely new type of portal called a Targeted Portal. These portals let you route clients to a specific page based on a rule such as their mac address, associated ssid, hostname, and useragent. Each one of these rules can have a set value or a regular expression value and there can be an unlimited number of set rules. You will have to create a landing page to be served to the target client(s). By default the default.php landing page will be serve to any client who doesn't match any rule. This file can be modified to how you wish.

There is also a new file in the portals called helper.php which contains 3 functions: getClientMac, getClientSSID, getClientHostName these functions can be used in your portal to display information about the client to them or for whatever other purpose you have.

I would like to not that for the getClientSSID function and the ssid target portal rule to work, PineAP MUST be enabled!

This release has a lot of new and re-worked features that need testings so here they are:

• Rules and rule editing works for Targeted portals
  • Creating Portals on an SD card (should not be allowed if there is no SD card)
  • Moving Portals between internal and SD storage (should not be allowed if there is no SD card)
  • Creating Targeted and Basic Portals
  • Deleting files and portals

If you are running the beta version of EvilPortal this feature already exists, if you are not running the beta version then create a symbolic link.

14 hours ago, Decoy said:

This is dependent on where the module is installed. So if you have it installed directly on the Pineapple, and not SD, that's where the directory will reside:

$dir = ($storage == "sd" ? "/sd/portals/" : "/root/portals/");

It can store on SD, you just need to install the module onto the SD card.

No, this was just me planning on adding support for creating portals on the SD card but being to pressed for time when I initially created it for the nano/tetra to fully implement the feature.

2 hours ago, newbi3 said:

No, this was just me planning on adding support for creating portals on the SD card but being to pressed for time when I initially created it for the nano/tetra to fully implement the feature.

OK, I was just peeking through the code and saw some references to it. I probably should've looked at the bigger picture before replying. Thanks for the info!

Awesome Newbi3!  the EP kee0s getting better and better.

I had some issues importing portals.  sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  it's bit buggy.  when  importing I need to create a new captive portal  then ssh into the nano and replace some files.  it's no big deal, but an import/export option in EP' ui would be sweet.

Just my 2 cents 

Looking forward to the new release.  

Thxxxx!

I installed the beta with hopes that it will solve some random issues I have with EP.

My setup:  tetra with alfa usb in client mode connected to a 192.168.1.x wifi ap.  (stand alone over in the corner)

I like the rules.. but they do not work, or not as they should and it could be due to my config.  I created a SSID rule for any SSID of "BOB" with Destination of "BOB.com"  Hit save.  went back in.. rule still there.  This is all for a default new portal, no other changes made. activated and started EP.   Live preview shows white page.  Clients connecting to BOB also get stopped and see the white page, but no way to auth.  this is the same for clients that connected to OTHER ssid's.  so I guess the rule doesnt care.??

Live preview does not show, or only 'sometimes' shows a preview.  I did get an error msg once stating that the 172.16.42.1 system did not send any data. ?  

From an ssh shell on the tetra by its 192 space.. I can ping the 172 interface just fine.  same from my mpb client that is on the 192 space.  Is this a module issue?  or something wrong with my routing and network configs?  (network tab shows 172.16.42.0 > br-lan)  I tried changing to all wlan the wifi is on.. no luck. 

thoughts?

TW

Archived