newbi3

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a long time since I've posted an update here. The next major release (version 3.0) is almost ready for release and I want to get it released by the end of this year. The last major thing left to work on is re-implementing the IP tables that handle who can and can not access the internet. This sounds like a simple task until you open the man page for iptables. With that said, I am looking for the help of a iptables wizard so if you are that person please let me know.

3.0 Ready For Testing

Evil Portal 3.0 has some new features that I am really excited about that need to be tested by someone other than myself. I may have gone over these before but I will re-state them here so they are easy to find.

• SD Portals - Portals can now be created on or moved to SD cards easily through the web interface. They can also be moved between internal and SD storage very easily and existing portals can be migrated to the SD card with ease.
  • Toggle Commands - These are commands that will be executed when a Portal is activated or deactivated. These commands can be edited by clicking into the portal and selecting "Toggle Commands" from the top right of the Workbench. Currently these commands are only executed when the specific portal is activated or deactivated. I could change this so that the commands are executed when Evil Portal starts/stops in-addition to its current functionality. Let me know what your preference is.
  • Targeted Portals - A Targeted Portal is a captive portal that allows you to route clients to different pages based on implicit or explicit rules based on a clients Mac Address, SSID, Host Name, or Browsers User Agent. You can defined explicit rules to get a specific client or groups of clients or create an implicit rule defined by a regex string to cast a wider net. Clients that don't happen to match any of these rules will be routed a page called "default.php"
  • Complete Refactor - When I was working on this release I decided that the code was to dirty to be allowed to go into production so ended up completely re-writing the module. As much as I like to think that I re-implemented everything flawlessly, there are bound to be bugs with it.

You can pull this version of Evil Portal from development branch on the official Github repo: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano

If you find bugs please create issues on github and I will address them there!

I'd love to test it out but I'm far from qualified.

There are so many more qualified tester out here.   So it looks like we're getting 2 treats.  1) Firmware update   2) EP update.

Really looking forward to both.

Thanks for your hard work N3wbi3!!

Not sure if this has to do with the updated firmware or not but I have Evil portal running and I have found two issues.  The first issue is that it won't read the symlinks I create so that I can store stuff on my sd card and not need to take up valuable space on the pineapple.  The second issue is that once I click accept on my portal instead of directing me to say forums.hak5.org it keeps repeating the captive portal but once I type in a new web address it lets me visit web pages but I have to input a new web address first or it keeps repeating the captive portal.

4 hours ago, Rainman_34 said:

Not sure if this has to do with the updated firmware or not but I have Evil portal running and I have found two issues.  The first issue is that it won't read the symlinks I create so that I can store stuff on my sd card and not need to take up valuable space on the pineapple.  The second issue is that once I click accept on my portal instead of directing me to say forums.hak5.org it keeps repeating the captive portal but once I type in a new web address it lets me visit web pages but I have to input a new web address first or it keeps repeating the captive portal.

Try downloading the dev edition from GitHub and sftp it to the pineapple. It gives you the option to move portals from root storage to SD storage. 

11 hours ago, kbeflo said:

@Rainman_34 

Just move everything in its place just like bon3z said. You can find the Evil Portal development branch along with detailed instructions on how to load it onto your pineapple https://github.com/frozenjava/evilportalnano/tree/development

I think it might be my code because when I click accept in the portal it just keeps cycling back to the same page. Any advice on how to forward them to their original page request?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6.8.2017 at 8:32 PM, Medic101 said:

*update* Never mind. I solved that problem by myself. Thanks for the initial response!

Hello Medic101!

Could you tell me, how you solved that Problem?

I read a lot of topics about that problem. But I think I have a huge blackout in this case.

I formatted my SD card correctly over the PA Advanced module. Both Partitions (Linux Swap and EXT4 do exist)

And I don't get the clue.... 

I am sorry for bothering with this question (cause it has been discussed so many times) and thankful for any help

• 3 weeks later...

So I've pulled the latest EP3.0 update, but when using my "victim device" it seems to get WiFi access without needing to sign in, even when it gets a notification about having to sign in. 
Is it supposed to work like this? And the portal-page seems to appear randomly once in a while.

And @kbeflo thanks for your great work with the portals! But the new-google-login seems to give some white/grey-ish background. 

6 hours ago, painapple said:

And @kbeflo thanks for your great work with the portals! But the new-google-login seems to give some white/grey-ish background. 

You're welcome! Try to reload the portals and see if that fixes it or scp the files over again to the Pineapple. I'd also recommend the newer google login page on my patreon page.

25 minutes ago, kbeflo said:

You're welcome! Try to reload the portals and see if that fixes it or scp the files over again to the Pineapple. I'd also recommend the newer google login page on my patreon page.

Tried that but it doesn't seem to solve it, but whatever. The facebook and "old" google login works just fine.
However, when the victim types in usr, pass and submits, the plain text "You have not been authorized." appears and if I refresh the page it then says "You have been authorized successfully." Do you know if this is normal? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have a question concerning Evil portals on my pineapple Nano:

I installed the module on the SD card, and the dependencies also on the sd card.

When I create a new portal, the file is created directly on the root folder, instead of being installed on the sd card.

Other modules work directly on the sd card.  I don't understand this issue. I tried both a factory reset and formatting the sd card.

Someone could help me please?

Thanks a lot.

Michael

39 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

The answer is in the EvilPoral thread already

Ok many thanks. I will:

1) Check that /sd/portals exist

2) use the command line : ln-s /sd/portals /root/portals

I understand that a symlink is a kind of Alias. So do I need to install the portals before on the sd card?

Can you give me the command line to use please?

5 minutes ago, micadunet said:

Ok many thanks. I will:

1) Check that /sd/portals exist

2) use the command line : ln-s /sd/portals /root/portals

I understand that a symlink is a kind of Alias. So do I need to install the portals before on the sd card?

Yes thanks a lot, i just saw you wikipedia link

In fact i imagine that I have to use the command line "cp" to copy my portals folders on the sd card.

The next step will consist in removing the root portals that use memory, but they say "Impossible" or something like when I try removing it.

Archived