[Release] 1.0.6 - Codename Aardwolf Ambulance

Sebkinne

Hello guys,

I added my MAC address to the MAC address filter in deny mode (testing purpose).

When I do this, i can't access the open AP (no surprise) but i can't access the management AP either, is it normal ?

This completes my previous remark :

I was just wondering if it was "normal" to be able to access the Administration Site through the open AP ? I would have believed that it would be accessible only from the management AP.

Maybe i misunderstood how it is supposed to work, but in that case, what's the point in having a management AP ? I don't really see the logic here.

What is the checksum for the download? I'd like to confirm that was downloaded correctly before I feed it to my shiny new nano.

Thanks!

Hi eb4u,

We recommend you perform all updates Over-The-Air using the WiFi Pineapple webinterface. It downloads the upgrade and it's metadata over HTTPS. Of course, the OTA upgrader verifies the sha256 checksum automatically.

If you still want to verify the checksum yourself, the current one for 1.0.5 is a260f476f7bc91e2ee71edaf5ff316cbfcbda22d4019c1c2f08f3236ca2713c1.

If you are setting up your WiFi Pineapple for the first time, you are asked to download the file from our website. This file contains a checksum which is then verified in the initial flash procedure.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hey guys,

Great work on the Nano. I've been watching the videos for a few years now. Still nowhere near where I'd like to be technically, but I'm working on my development skills and would love to help out where I can in the development of the Nano. Thinking about joining the local maker/hacker space FamiLAB here to see if I can get some others involved locally as well. You said in the video there is a hangouts today. What time will this be happening? I'm on US Eastern time.

~JohnnyR030T

Edited by Johnny_Robot

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After searching for long enough....

Somebody please post a download link to the new firmware AND instructions how to manually install.

I have version 1.0.1 that does not download and install form the advanced tab, it sits there no progress.

I have putty, winscp installed.

Instructions should be pinned and with an obvious title like 'Manual Install of nano firmware.'

After searching for long enough....

Somebody please post a download link to the new firmware AND instructions how to manually install.

I have version 1.0.1 that does not download and install form the advanced tab, it sits there no progress.

I have putty, winscp installed.

Instructions should be pinned and with an obvious title like 'Manual Install of nano firmware.'

Here is a download link with the sha, but what is that command to perform the upgrade I type into putty after copying the file over? 'upgrade?'

https://www.wifipineapple.com/downloads

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2016 at 6:22 AM, coolg444 said:

Here is a download link with the sha, but what is that command to perform the upgrade I type into putty after copying the file over? 'upgrade?'

https://www.wifipineapple.com/downloads

I've successfully used:

sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin

in the past. Not sure if this is the best way or officially supported, but it has worked for me.

• 2 months later...

Any word on the announcement from the video that was posted or the rumor of an update around the time of Defcon?  I really want to see Darren and Seb's talk at Defcon this year.  Im to impatient to wait for Defcon to post the video.

2 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Any word on the announcement from the video that was posted or the rumor of an update around the time of Defcon?  I really want to see Darren and Seb's talk at Defcon this year.  Im to impatient to wait for Defcon to post the video.

I'll drop the 1.2.0 firmware later tomorrow before I start my travels again.

Sadly the talk from Defcon this year was not recored, sorry.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Awesome on the Firmware, im really excited for that. Thank you

about the talk.... NOOOOOOOOOOO lol

Edited by b0N3z

• 2 weeks later...
On August 8, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Sebkinne said:

Any word on the firmware or are we SOL?

Edited by bearda

I just talked to foxtrot yesterday and he siad that Seb is still working some kinks out, but should be out soon.