[Release] 1.0.6 - Codename Aardwolf Ambulance

Sebkinne

Hey Everyone,
Just three and a half weeks from dev launch, the WiFi Pineapple NANO is getting its first full firmware update. We're excited to bring you a number of bug fixes and features.
In the coming days modules will begin to become available over the air through the Module Manager. Similarly the package repository is now online.
Our next focus will be on API documentation. Thank you all for the continued support and feedback! Once again please submit any bugs found to wifipineapple.com/bugs
Changelog 1.0.6:
  • Wireless
    • Update WiFi drivers from upstream
    • Fixed an issue where the mac80211 driver would crash
    • Fixed an issue where access to the WPA2 management network was lost
    • Fixed an issue where adding a third radio caused the SD card to reset
  • Recon Mode
    • Added UTF-8 support
    • Fixed an issue with channels not showing correctly
    • Added more verbose security types
    • Improved the scan reliability
  • Logging
    • Fixed MAC and SSID filters being case-sensitive
    • Automatically apply filters when refreshing the PineAP log
  • Misc
    • Fixed tracking MAC being case-sensitive
    • Fixed PineAP filters being case-sensitive
    • Added nginx SSL module
    • Fixed varius utf-8 issues
    • Updated all system modules to their latest versions
    • Ensure applications installed to the SD card can reference /etc/ correctly
    • Ensure the correct PATH variables are set for the SD card
Changelog 1.0.5:
  • Fixed an issue with packages not downloading correctly
Changelog 1.0.4:
  • Added the ability to download the PineAP SSID Pool and Log
  • Improved the stability of WiFi Client mode
  • Improved various API components
Changelog 1.0.3:
  • Fixed an issue with Module Manager not upgrading system modules
  • Fixed a couple of issues with the PineAP Pool
Changelog 1.0.2:
  • PineAP
    • Improved the PineAP configuration view. PineAP Daemon is now a toggle which should clear up some issues and conclusions
    • Fixed a bug where "Capture SSIDs to Pool" did not save for autostart
    • Added a refresh button to the SSID Pool
    • Added support for changing the PineAP log location
    • Fixed jibberish SSIDs
  • Networking
    • Fixed an issue with a third external radio causing bootup and interface issues
    • Fixed a bug where Android Tethering did not share the connection properly to clients
    • Fixed an issue where scanning does not work when the radio is in monitor mode
    • Added support for some ralink and realtek dongles
  • Dashboard
    • Clicking the number of connected clients / number of SSIDs in pool now opens up the appropriate module
    • Fixed a bug where the "SSIDs added this session" counter would not increment
  • Module Manager
    • Module Manager has now been released
    • Modules are going to be added over the course of this week
    • API documentation for how to create custom Modules will be released shortly
  • Fixed a bug where no SSIDs were show in the clients Module
  • Fixed a bug where the SD card did not mount correctly
  • Fixed a bug where no MAC dropdowns appeared next to some MACs in Recon
  • Fixed a bug where the SSID filter would never change mode
  • Misc
    • Added and made public the Pineapple opkg (package) repository.
    • Updated the old SSH ASCII banner
    • The logout button is now a dropdown allowing for quick logging out, shutting down, or rebooting.
    • API fixes
We hope you enjoy this release!
-The WiFi Pineapple Team
  • Upvote 9

Well done! I'm loving it!

I've learned so much in the few days I've been here.

I do have a question/suggestion if anyone will care.

I work mostly with dBm and I'm wondering if there is a way to show dBm in recon and other future modules?

Is it possible to do it myself?

Please keep up the good job!

Great work guys!

noob question, I have the Alfa wireless dongle from the shop plugged into the USB on the bottom (the input port opposite side of the blue light), with the other (host) side plugged into a Linux box. I'm seeing

• br-lan
  • eth0
  • lo
  • wlan0
  • wlan1
  • wlan1mon

in the Networking Advanced, but the dongle seemed to register properly in the report. Should it auto report as a wlan2, or do I need to do something?

Second question, I have a freshly formatted (on the Pineapple) 4GB SD card which is being reported as

Filesystem         Size    Used       Available Use %   Mounted on
/dev/sdcard/sd1    2.8G    4.4M       2.6G       0%     /sd

Does the Pineapple have trouble with 4GB cards? Its possible I suppose there is something wrong with the card (bad blocks)

Thanks much -

Great work guys!

noob question, I have the Alfa wireless dongle from the shop plugged into the USB on the bottom (the input port opposite side of the blue light), with the other (host) side plugged into a Linux box. I'm seeing

• br-lan
  • eth0
  • lo
  • wlan0
  • wlan1
  • wlan1mon

in the Networking Advanced, but the dongle seemed to register properly in the report. Should it auto report as a wlan2, or do I need to do something?

Second question, I have a freshly formatted (on the Pineapple) 4GB SD card which is being reported as

Filesystem         Size    Used       Available Use %   Mounted on
/dev/sdcard/sd1    2.8G    4.4M       2.6G       0%     /sd

Does the Pineapple have trouble with 4GB cards? Its possible I suppose there is something wrong with the card (bad blocks)

Thanks much -

@hackattack - Did you use the Format SD function under the Advanced options?

Edited by Havenbreaker

Did you use the Format SD function under the Advanced options?

Yes, as I mentioned it was formatted on the Pinapple (using the Advanced option). Same for the second one. Oddly the second one didn't register the card until I formatted, even though it had already been formatted with the previous firmware (both formatted by the Pineapple)

Yes, as I mentioned it was formatted on the Pinapple (using the Advanced option). Same for the second one. Oddly the second one didn't register the card until I formatted, even though it had already been formatted with the previous firmware (both formatted by the Pineapple)
Sorry missed that part but,

the Pineapple format fuction uses 1GB of the card for Swap space
fc55112434.png

Edited by Havenbreaker

Great stuff Seb et al! Thanks a ton!

telot

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

I just pushed a quick update (1.0.3), so if you have already upgraded, please do so again. Module Manager had a bug rendering it unable to upgrade system modules.

Now that Module Manager is fixed, we will be releasing System Module upgrades to fix smaller, non firmware related issues.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I upgraded to 1.0.3.

Wasn't Modules to be enabled since 1.0.2?

Also, when I try to enable PineAP daemon, it gets de-selected upon hitting the save button.

I had the same issue.

PineAP daemon was still showing as a checkbox after the update.

I think a force refresh fixed it, but I'm not totally sure. ( ctr + F5 )

I upgraded to 1.0.3.

Wasn't Modules to be enabled since 1.0.2?

Also, when I try to enable PineAP daemon, it gets de-selected upon hitting the save button.

The last problem I already had with 1.0.2.... created a ticket for that...

@Sebkinne and @Darren, what's the best way to report 'bugs'? via Forum or Ticket?

Awesome! Everything seems more stable since 1.0.2, and stuff seems a little quicker too.

One issue I am seeing (1.0.1/2/3 all included) is if I have PineAP running and publishing SSIDs, my phone/tablet/whatever can see a load of open networks - all hosted on the Pineapple (good, obviously). That other device is still connected to my own home wifi, however - just showing available networks.

If I then do a client recon, it usually finds my client device, and all seems fine. If I then deauth my device, all those open networks change to "Out of range", and don't return ("never" is a long time to claim, but I waited ... a while).

Anyone else seen behaviour like this?

Has anybody noticed that Source MAC under PineAP changing? It started as 00 and when I went back to it, it was the MAC address of the Pineapple. Is this intended?

Edit: With 1.0.3 Recon mode just hangs at 100% and never displays, also encountering some strange PineAP not saving. Hard refresh doesn't fix it for me. Despite PineAP showing as being disabled, even though I turned it on, there are clients connected. Also, switching it on just goes from Disabled to Disabled. Have tried clearing the cache, logging out, rebooting.

Lots going on right now... heading to the Dashboard just displays blank boxes, then nothing loads. Have to quit the browser, and sometimes it'll let me log back in. CPU usage is not at 100%, when the data shows up.

Edit 2: It's really unstable and keeps acting in strange ways like the above, just going to turn it off until the next firmware update :(

Edited by purrball