Shipping Delay for WiFi Pineapple TETRA

Side note: on the site it says "Tactical Edition includes all the basics, plus the EDC Backpack, two Pineapple Juice 15000 batteries, & morale patches" I only got one battery pack though. Do I need to contact support about that?

Yes, that is a mistake and we're shipping out a second battery to the few orders that went out by accident without the second battery. Since the TETRA is so high power with its quad amps, we upgraded the Tactical Edition from a single Pineapple Juice 15000 to two. This was done at no cost to customers. While it's possible to run on a single battery in many circumstances, we decided that since it's possible to peak above the current provided by the juice pack under heavy load conditions it would be a better experience overall to utilize both of the USB power ports (ETH/UART) and know for certain it won't reboot when there's a spike. This wasn't as much an with the dev units or the 80 brought back in suitcases, but when we did the RF shielding enhancement (the reason for the delay) we boosted power by 15%. The result is a higher performance device, albeit slightly hungrier for juice.

My apologies to the handful that went out with just one by mistake -- we'll be contacting you and shipping another battery shortly. This is a very new product and we're excited to start getting feedback from this small group of TETRA pioneers. I'm here to support the product 100% so please feel free to voice your concerns to Sara, Seb and I at the HakShop as we strive for the best experience possible.

We also have a newcomer to the HakShop family who is helping Sara in shipping and we're all getting up to speed on the TETRA delivery process as well as rushing to get them all out to you. At this point all of the back-orders have gone out. About a third of them on Monday and the vast majority of the rest yesterday unless there were address changes or other special logistics communicated by the customer. I'll echo what others have said -- USPS is hit or miss on tracking. I'll tell you exactly why too, they don't always scan in all of the packages. We don't always get the same driver pickup from the warehouse and when we wheel out a cart of lots of packages they'll sometimes just put 'em in the truck without scanning them all in. It's frustrating. Thankfully Tom our regular driver does this with a special scan form we print that has a single bar code for the entire batch - but again like I said it's hit or miss. UPS and DHL are much better in this regard. Anyway, not to get on a shipping rant but with USPS' price hike in January (which non of you incurred thankfully), they're within 10% of the price of UPS or DHL for international so I think we might be re-evaluating how and when we use their services.

• Upvote 3

Setup and running. Of course the new UI is fantastic (identical to the Nano) but it feels much snappier.

And the range/sensitivity..... Just wow. Boom goes the dynamite.

Yes, that is a mistake and we're shipping out a second battery to the few orders that went out by accident without the second battery. Since the TETRA is so high power with its quad amps, we upgraded the Tactical Edition from a single Pineapple Juice 15000 to two. This was done at no cost to customers. While it's possible to run on a single battery in many circumstances, we decided that since it's possible to peak above the current provided by the juice pack under heavy load conditions it would be a better experience overall to utilize both of the USB power ports (ETH/UART) and know for certain it won't reboot when there's a spike. This wasn't as much an with the dev units or the 80 brought back in suitcases, but when we did the RF shielding enhancement (the reason for the delay) we boosted power by 15%. The result is a higher performance device, albeit slightly hungrier for juice.

My apologies to the handful that went out with just one by mistake -- we'll be contacting you and shipping another battery shortly. This is a very new product and we're excited to start getting feedback from this small group of TETRA pioneers. I'm here to support the product 100% so please feel free to voice your concerns to Sara, Seb and I at the HakShop as we strive for the best experience possible.

No worries at all, I actually have a second one that came with the field kit i got previously so I'm all good on waiting and knowing it's on the way. The more battery packs the better I always say!

I've gotten at least one of most everything in the shop, since a friend gave me the mk5 and introduced me to what y'all have been doing with the show and other tools you have, back just this past august. Happy to be able to support y'all and can't wait to see what the you do in the future. I also know and have seen if there are ever any issues you handle it quickly and appropriately. From products to these forums to the show, it's all amazing work, keep it up!

Okay, here are some very quick and dirty shots. I have to run out, won't be able to get any more until later. There are a couple with all three devices as well...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0w4my6jspxf1pom/AACV7qRHPlga6w1msBQRTfjDa?dl=0

I posted some pics of mine on Twitter with the NANO for a size comparison. Didn't get my MKV in them though. As for the ducky card I got one with both my NANO and TETRA for some reason, lol.

https://twitter.com/sud0nick/status/697558817022717952

*picture removed for overview purposes*

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the pictures.

In comparison to the MK5 the Tetra looks like a massive beast.

Let's see how it looks like in reality when mine arrives.

• Upvote 1

It's the antenna that make it look large. And the Nano next to it. It's not much larger than the mkV. You won't mind or even notice.

• Upvote 1

Darren,

Thank you so much for that comprehensive post. I'll hope to see mine tomorrow assuming it left yesterday :)

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate all the work you do for the IT/infosec community. I am very much looking forward to giving this device a whirl. I might just be picking up a second one or maybe a NANO or perhaps the tac edition of the TETRA.

Scratch that post. Looks like mine got a pickup scan today so Friday is the day - my original guess will be correct. I'm happy with that! Just glad to know it's on the move finally. I sort of regret not getting the tactical bundle but I'm sure I'll be handing over my credit card info again soon once I see this beast in action.

It's the antenna that make it look large. And the Nano next to it. It's not much larger than the mkV. You won't mind or even notice.

The device itself is a bit bigger than the MKV but the antennae are huge (double the size of those on the MKV and NANO)! The Tac edition is cool though because the EDC was well thought out in my opinion. Lot's of space for all your hacker tools, laptop, and multiple Pineapples.

Thanks WeatherTech - it's the supportive community we've fostered that makes doing this so rewarding. The sentiment is reciprocated.

Now that the TETRA storm is over we're looping back around to get all the bits and bobs available in the HakShop à la carte. :)

Excellent. I think I may want that bag from the Tetra tac edition...

Thanks WeatherTech - it's the supportive community we've fostered that makes doing this so rewarding. The sentiment is reciprocated.

Now that the TETRA storm is over we're looping back around to get all the bits and bobs available in the HakShop à la carte. :)

What's the outlook on stock in the coming weeks/months. Will it be a case of your guys ordering stock as needed or will there be a relatively steady supply coming in to meet potential demand? I'm definitely thinking I'll be ordering more units (at least one more) once I do some testing and exploring with the basic TETRA. Your opinion will definitely shape how quickly I or urgently I will be placing my second order.

How about back orders that still say from hakshop that state "your order has been shipped"??

Click the tracking number all I get is.....

US

02/08/2016 2:53 P.M.

Order Processed: Ready for UPS

To my knowledge every backorder has gone out aside from a handful of special cases where we're waiting on customer responses regarding address changes or other shipping logistics. If you could, please email shop@hak5.org _and_ darren@hak5.org with your order # and I'll look into it. Sara even drove two to the post office after our 4 o'clock pickup to make sure they're all out.

Trust me, if we could teleport them all into your laps we would. It sounds a little outside the scope of the PineAP suite, but I'll see if Seb can't add that feature to the next software update :)

They've left the factory and are with the freight forwarder. I should have more info tonight/tomorrow. I didn't realize Monday is a holiday. I'll update as soon as I have more.

Actually I have, to shipping@ha5.org.... It's a reply to my "Your order has been shipped" email sent to shipping@hak5.org at Febuary 10, 7:32 PM

It has the original email with clickable tracking number.... Click it and see what it says

I just sent it to darren@hak5.org

No big deal I guess, you guys are swamped, eventually it will get sorted some how. Just read my emails and click "Original" tracking numbers sent from "Original" emails from hak5 that I sent to darren@hak5.org

*Edit at 12:17 am central..... After refreshing over and over Finally UPS decides to eventually Scan my package from hak5 in @

San Pablo, CA, US

02/10/2016 9:50 P.M.

Origin Scan

That would be Pacific time 2 hours behind approximately 20 minutes before the time of this Edit......Sorry guys it's the UPS system that's lagging I guess.

Edited by xrad

I paid for 2 day shipping and got the shipped email on Monday but it's sat waiting for pick up according to UPS until about 2 hours ago when I got notification that it will be here by the 12th. I was hoping that UPS tracking was wrong and when I got home tonight my new toy would be there, but it looks like I have to wait until Friday.

I paid for 2 day shipping and got the shipped email on Monday but it's sat waiting for pick up according to UPS until about 2 hours ago when I got notification that it will be here by the 12th. I was hoping that UPS tracking was wrong and when I got home tonight my new toy would be there, but it looks like I have to wait until Friday.

i have had the same experience, "A UPS shipping label has been created." but apparently nothing has been shipped. also paid for two day shipping.

You beat me to it -- THEY'RE HERE!!! Been busy busy busy all morning. Labels are printing, boxes are packing, and Sara is super happy to have the back-orders clearing out of the ship queue!

We're full steam ahead shipping every order and hope to have them all out today :grin:

Good news.

Being an Aussie that missed out on the E-Mail notifications about a delay. I have camped out on this forum since this thread started on January 4. I wish I had of got it straight from China rather than the round-trip. Not a whinge, because I am stoked to get one of these beauties when they get here. Thanks for the delay required to get the Tetra right, so much better than getting a sub functional Tetra on time.

Getting the Tetra is second on my list of priorities (Watching Deadpool was first). One down, one to go.

Thanks Darren, love your work and looking forward to the next offering : )

MOF

• Upvote 1

Mine arrived today in UK. So hopefully anyone EU side who ordered from the US store will be getting theirs soon.

Darren, Loving the Ultra bundle backpack. I was worried my battered Panasonic CF-52 wouldn't fit (now sporting an autographed HakTip sticker along with the others). But its perfect! & still has enough room for the power adapter and a mouse.

Great job on the whole project thus far.

Now to get well practised on the new interface...

Cheers.