[Release] 2.0.4 - Codename: (Pine)APatosaurus

Sebkinne

All I know is, 2.x.x has fixed my 2 neutered MKV's.

Thanks Sebkinne your work is very much apreciated.

Darren, Sara and Crew, you guys are "rock candy baby" (it's a Montrose/Hagar thing) for great customer service.

After a year, I am now really enjoying my 3 MKV's.

The first year was up and down, excited for what's next.

Edited by xrad

Thanks! Unfortunately I couldn't make it to DEFCON this year.

If it is open hardware then you can always send me the schematics / KiCad files now if you want and I'll check them out - I don't require any documentation / source above and beyond this.

Or even can you / somebody can post some high res images of the board and I can take a closer look at the implementation - I'm interested as to how it compares with my unofficial board, how the logic level conversion is performed and how the communication occurs (perhaps bitbang SPI since the serial pins aren't used as with an Arduino Yun?).

I have a ton of constructive feedback regarding the HDK and add-on board - it would have been nice to provide feedback earlier on rather than when it is too late...

I'll start a new thread on the HDK once I've verified the Eagle files I have now are the latest Rev. If you wanna shoot me an email directly with a shipping address I can get you some of our special 14 pin headers.

I'll start a new thread on the HDK once I've verified the Eagle files I have now are the latest Rev. If you wanna shoot me an email directly with a shipping address I can get you some of our special 14 pin headers.

Cool, looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks, but I'm probably going to use some connectors I already have or maybe just rehouse my pineapple.

Just watched your google hangout video for the 2.0.2 firmware. When you said you don't have a good term for a "beacon response" it reminded me of meaconing. A meacon is a misleading beacon. It was used (and still may be) during the cold war to either confuse or redirect aircraft off course.

Login to the UI.

Can anyone point me to some idiot-proof instructions to upgrade my MK V to the latest rev.

1. Log in to the UI.
  2. Open the "WiFi Pineapple MK5" infusion.
  3. Select the "Firmware Upgrade" tab.
  4. Read the warning.
  5. Click the "Check for upgrade" link.
  6. I don't know what comes next, mine's up to date.

I've unbricked my MKV about 3 times today and tried to upgrade to the latest version from the original 1.02. Every time I unbrick it, the device is running fine. During the upgrade, I get the "MD5 Matches. Performing upgrade." screen. It hangs there for at least 30 minutes and seems to have the spinning pineapple going forever. The first two times, I shut it down and tried to load it again. I was able to get to a black screen with only three clickable options, one said "Infusions", the second one I'm not sure and finally the logout option. The only one that actually worked was the logout option. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with the update, it just seems to not be working. I'll give it more time on this third try and see what happens.

The green light is illuminated along with a flashing red-blue-amber sequence and I can see the Pineapple AP.

Edited by toysldr

We have released version 2.0.4, fixing a few issues with reconnaissance mode.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks for ur work Seb.

Now, on 2.0.4, some infusions show some errors in the css, like deauth infusion. must be updated

there is a platform for developing pineapple? Ticket type, as dev.openwrt ¿?

to report errors and audit code?

edit : "logs" infusion show problems in the css too.

Edited by pax0r

Thanks for ur work Seb.

Now, on 2.0.4, some infusions show some errors in the css, like deauth infusion. must be updated

there is a platform for developing pineapple? Ticket type, as dev.openwrt ¿?

to report errors and audit code?

edit : "logs" infusion show problems in the css too.

What issues are you talking about?

Best regards,

Sebkinne

No version of internet explorer is supported so if it doesn't work that's because its not supposed to

I've unbricked my MKV about 3 times today and tried to upgrade to the latest version from the original 1.02. Every time I unbrick it, the device is running fine. During the upgrade, I get the "MD5 Matches. Performing upgrade." screen. It hangs there for at least 30 minutes and seems to have the spinning pineapple going forever. The first two times, I shut it down and tried to load it again. I was able to get to a black screen with only three clickable options, one said "Infusions", the second one I'm not sure and finally the logout option. The only one that actually worked was the logout option. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with the update, it just seems to not be working. I'll give it more time on this third try and see what happens.

The green light is illuminated along with a flashing red-blue-amber sequence and I can see the Pineapple AP.

Please clear your browser cache after updating and it will work fine. There is nothing wrong with your pineapple.
Edited by newbi3

• 2 weeks later...

I had somewhat of the same problem on my MarkV

Here is what i did

1. Power Off

2. Put LAST dip switch down

3. Power on for 5 minutes

4. Powered Off

5. Reset LAST dip switch up

6. Powered On

7. Let sit for about 5 minutes

After that i went to the browser and saw the upgrade to 2.0.4 was complete

One issue i am having in recon view is that i cannot see clients. Only access points. It doesnt matter what i set it to.

Im using Ubuntu Firefox 32