How long a day?

Mr Andrewson

How long do you go on the computer a day?  

44 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7+

Doing stuff with a computer for hours on end can be very entertaining and fulfilling, but don't forget to make and keep friends. So even though you spend countless hours staring at the computer screen, do some non-computer stuff outside the house sometime during the week(end). You'll thank me for it later.

Doing stuff with a computer for hours on end can be very entertaining and fulfilling, but don't forget to make and keep friends. So even though you spend countless hours staring at the computer screen, do some non-computer stuff outside the house sometime during the week(end). You'll thank me for it later.

Computers are indeed great entertainment.. Countless things to do. And for most people (including me) it's also necessary to do something else.. And you should always keep all your friends at any time ;-)

You know, I find it interesting how uber-excessive use of computers can make you wanna get out of the house once every few months but then when you leave the house after a few hours you wish you'd never left... :)

I only manage to spend around 6 or so because of school. Most of my day is spend nose-deep in a textbook or listening to some old guy who claims to know more than anyone else in the world. During the summer however, I'm pushing around 14 or so hours. Screw sleep, I've got things to learn/ games to play/ ebooks to read/ forums to annoy people on . :D

Currently I'm either out to a concert someplace, at work (which means behind a computer) or at home either watching some TV or messing around with my computer. Usually more of the latter.

24/7... I have crackberry functionality :-(
The ability to read e-mail that is received in realtime, anywhere, has made the BlackBerry devices infamously addictive, earning them the nickname "CrackBerry".

Rofl, never heard of that one before. The motorolla Q might replace that, friend of mine has one and it looks like I'm blowing my first new-job paycheck on one as well.

Oh, I've got a new job. I'm now a Computer Lab Consultant. Which mean's I sit behind a desk on my laptop and if some dumbass blonde comes in and doesn't know how to print or use her flash drive, I get to assist.

if some dumbass blonde comes in and doesn't know how to print or use her flash drive, I get to assist.

To hell with that! I'd be assisting her wether she'd need it or not. :twisted:

if some dumbass blonde comes in and doesn't know how to print or use her flash drive, I get to assist.

To hell with that! I'd be assisting her wether she'd need it or not. :twisted:

Well, I'm not a fan of blondes. Personal experience. But if a black-haired beauty strolls in, she's going to be getting all the assistance she never asked for.

Don't ever buy a phone where email is like text messaging! Nothing worse than being woken up by penis pill spam!

What would you recomend then? Verizon supported and capable of running linux would be a plus.

Don't ever buy a phone where email is like text messaging! Nothing worse than being woken up by penis pill spam!

What would you recomend then? Verizon supported and capable of running linux would be a plus.

I have a treo thats set to get a few email accounts sent to it. Very useful but you can get to much email sometimes. Not quite sure why you'd want to run linux on your phone. Maybe a Treo 700p? Or a smartphone that runs windows? There kinda the best smart phone people atm.

I have a treo thats set to get a few email accounts sent to it. Very useful but you can get to much email sometimes. Not quite sure why you'd want to run linux on your phone. Maybe a Treo 700p? Or a smartphone that runs windows? There kinda the best smart phone people atm.

Running linux would just be a neat thing, but not at all necessary. I've been looking at purchasing a smart phone because of my business venture and I need to be connected with my fellow investors through e-mail and the phone has to be able to read/write excel and word documents (for order forms and whatnot).

Running linux would just be a neat thing, but not at all necessary. I've been looking at purchasing a smart phone because of my business venture and I need to be connected with my fellow investors through e-mail and the phone has to be able to read/write excel and word documents (for order forms and whatnot).

If you want out-the-box excell support, get a windows phone.

man... does anyone else think that even 4 + hours might be a little excessive (unless your job legitmately involves computers)? but then again... i voted 4-6hrs...

I don't think it is. Just make sure you've got your priorities straight, so that when something worth while comes along you don't go bitch and moan about what other important stuff you still want to do with the computer. You can always do that stuff later in the day/night.