Amazing Rig ...

Trip

My work machine has 100Ghz over 40 cores and 160GB of RAM

i think it goes without saying that you should spit out some WPA-PSK rainbow tables for Sky broadband. SSID: SKYxxxxx where xxxxx are 5 random digits. 3-2-1-GO!

Are you sure 160GB of RAM will be enough? The calendar alone might be too much for that.

Unfortunately it is the case that in 10 - 15 years time that will be true. Though hopefully by then Windows will have become the Oracle database of operating systems. Expensive, full of security holes and other random bugs, only a dozen or so people in the world actually know how to use it properly, of the dozen people who can use it properly only a quarter can configure it to be 'secure' and it's not much better than the free alternatives in most scenarios.

schweeeeeet

1st 2 mins 38 is the setup

What raid configuration did you set up those WD raptors with? Nice set up, I give u credit.

Edited by Infiltrator

My work machine has 100Ghz over 40 cores and 160GB of RAM

Are you able to post some images of the computer?

@infiltrator that's not mine i just thought it looked the business :)

one day my pc will look like that :D

Sorry, I just couldn't believe when I read the post, that's why I asked for pictures. But that's cool!

someone on youtube is building a rig with 3x nVidia GTX 480's, intel Core i7 X980 6core processor and 24gb of 2ghz ddr3 memory. beat that (no server rigs, only gaming rigs allowed)

someone on youtube is building a rig with 3x nVidia GTX 480's, intel Core i7 X980 6core processor and 24gb of 2ghz ddr3 memory. beat that (no server rigs, only gaming rigs allowed)

That is total overkill. 3-way SLI with a 500 dollar card? Waste of money imo.

Wow someone actually met the recommended specifications for Windows 7. How well does it run Solitare?

It must run it pretty bad. =/

yeah i so want one its the pc fair again on tuesday im gonna have a look see if they have some i7 boards n start pricing one up ... im sure the ram from my current rig will still be compatible and my graphics card

i figure piece by piece is better than spending loads all at once

what operating systems are compatible with the i7 ? i saw vista and 7 in his dual boot ... i hope ubuntu supports i7's

... and never in my life had i seen hard disks like that ... they're crazy

did u spot the mad clock in the video with the led text thing ? ... i only noticed that today showing a friend

so jealous lol

and just for the record ... lights on your pc = gay

unless its the hd / pwr / stdby light lol

Edited by Trip

Do you know what the youtube video link is?

Cheers.

Do you know what the youtube video link is?

Cheers.

indeed would love to see that

... on hacked gadgets a few years ago they had a custom build pc with 16x2gb nvidia's run in parallel that was amazing considering it was 2/3 years ago

indeed would love to see that

... on hacked gadgets a few years ago they had a custom build pc with 16x2gb nvidia's run in parallel that was amazing considering it was 2/3 years ago

Will you be kind to provide us the URL for the video?

Thank you very much

yeah.... im running a gateway tseries laptop witn integrated graphics and 4gb RAM. it can barely handle WoW >_>