Amazing Rig ...

Trip

schweeeeeet

1st 2 mins 38 is the setup

Not anymore. His graphics cards are already out of date as they don't do DX11 and it looks like he has IDE cables in there instead of all SATA. Could also do away with all the lights, would run a little cooler too. I use to like all the lights on rigs but now they look tacky.

I'm building a new rig and it's all SATA for the drives. No more IDE as those cables block too much air and are no fun to work with. Also I hate lights in my case because if I keep my machine on at night to run something, the lights keep me awake. I can sleep through the sound but blue lights on my ceiling and walls just is annoying.

Not anymore. His graphics cards are already out of date as they don't do DX11 and it looks like he has IDE cables in there instead of all SATA. Could also do away with all the lights, would run a little cooler too. I use to like all the lights on rigs but now they look tacky.

They've always looked tacky, you're just older now. ;)

Wow! you must really do a good job at keeping your docs and folders organized. I would love to be able to reinstall windows and everything every 4-6 months, but I always have files everywhere and it becomes too daunting of a task to back it (all/ I always back up my important stuff!) up.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but.... what a waste of money. I spent about 1200 USD on my desktop two years ago and got nearly the same windows score, and it played crysis maxed as well. As long as you shop smart, and dont assume just cause its the most expensive it the best, you can put together an awesome gaming rig for a fraction of the cost.

But to each his own I suppose....

Maybe I'm just getting old, but.... what a waste of money. I spent about 1200 USD on my desktop two years ago and got nearly the same windows score, and it played crysis maxed as well. As long as you shop smart, and dont assume just cause its the most expensive it the best, you can put together an awesome gaming rig for a fraction of the cost.

But to each his own I suppose....

I spent over $7000 dollars for building my computer, I have had it for 2 years now. And it still runs like a charm. My next build up, I think I will be spending around $8000 dollars. But this one, will be a killer rig

Edited by Infiltrator

• 2 weeks later...

hell i have a i7-920 @ 4.2GH (20x210), 12GB of ddr3 1600, dual nvidia 275's in sil (does every thing i need to to do.), 1200 watt BFG power supply with a 1k watt pc power & cooling backup if it dies or pisses me off. 140 GB raptor drive for boot and os, drobo for storage (3.17TB full atm just ordered 3 2TB drives to expand it.), all backed up off site, dual 28" displays, and i have the cpu on water. all in all it cost me about 2k ~6 months ago.

DSCN0595.JPG

DSCN0497.JPG

Errrm LOLS ;) Well I've been leaving my rig on over night (pretty much 24/7) 850W PSU, running 4GB RAM, 500GB Sata, Some sort of 3Ghz AMD CPU (Can't remember what it was, its 3 years old now) and a 9800GX2... I just got my most reccent power bill OMFG! That thing is turned off ALL the time now - LOL