Windows 7 rc

Destro

sup everyone! just wondering if anyone has download windows 7 rc. I keep getting to the login screen of msn and then the page has this circle in it that just spins.

cheers,

Destro

p.s. if you have tried it tell me your feedback please!

I managed to download it at 09:00 GMT. I had the spinning 'I haven't broken, I'm seriously doing some thing, but actually I gave up 3 minuets ago' problem for a while. Tried every browser Firefox, Opera, IE in that order until it worked.

I have actually installed 7 RC on my eeePC 900 (with the 900MHz Centrino). Runs as fast as XP. Took 2 hours to install though. Can't get a performance rating. Windows says the eeePC's SSD is too slow to be rated, but it won't give a rating to the other aspect, fantastic.

I've been running it for a few days but I DL'd from a torrent. I did download from MS yesterday just fine, I then checked the MD5 hashed of the real download to the torrent download and it was the same. I'd suggest just grabbing the torrent if you want the file.

MS need to learn how to distribute code, the filename starts 7100.0.09.04.21 which looks like a date to me, if it was ready then, they should have just released it.

MS need to learn how to distribute code, the filename starts 7100.0.09.04.21 which looks like a date to me, if it was ready then, they should have just released it.

That would have been the day it was finalized, people with technet like myself had it a few days after then. People without, had to wait.

I got my downloaded around 7am Monday Morning. Download took about 40mins to get. I played around w/ the XP Mode. From observation it's a hybrid remote desktop and virtual pc. Cisco VPN doesn't like it, ARGH! It runs fast that is the bottom line. Just can't wait to run 2 ssds in raid 0.

I downloaded it on the day it came out, it took about 4 to 5 hours for each (32 and 64bit), installed it the next day and loving every minute of it or at least until I have to install it again when the final release comes out. (Thank you MSDN subscription)

The install on my eeePC broke for some reason :(. Tried to install AVG and after that BSOD 5 minuets after startup. Put Ubuntu back on it.

You got what you paid for with AVG I had to deal with that every day in tech support because people did not want to pay AVG $150 for support. I have always been a Norton fan boy myself 2009 works fine in 7

You got what you paid for with AVG I had to deal with that every day in tech support because people did not want to pay AVG $150 for support. I have always been a Norton fan boy myself 2009 works fine in 7

Ubuntu is free...

AVAST is not bad at all. AVG is just one big headache or one waiting to happen. For the most part is a user ever need help from a free Anti-Virus they are usually charged a pretty penny for services. Remember there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I have it installed on my spare work laptop, running beautifully, and I also have it on a VMware just to test it out there, and it also works.