Pictures of your rigs at work.

WinstonSmith

Not a work machine, but my new home desktop that I just finished building in class recently.

win7-athlonIIx4.jpg

Specs from windows rating:

Component Details Subscore Base score

Overall Windows Rating "4.3" Determined by lowest subscore

Processor AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHZ Processor (Windows Index Score 6.3 )

Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB (Windows Index Score 7.1 )

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4200 (Windows Index Score 4.3 )

Gaming graphics 3323 MB Total available graphics memory (Windows Index Score 5.4 )

Primary hard disk 64GB Free (96GB Total) (Windows Index Score 5.9 )

Windows 7 Professional

System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Model GA-MA785GM-US2H ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...8-394-_-Product )

Total amount of system memory 16.0 GB G.skill PC-6400 DDR2 RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 2

Storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 320 GB, about 100 GB Still Unallocated, probably going to become BT4

Disk partition (C:) 64 GB Free (96 GB Total) Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Disk partition (D:) 51 GB Free (98 GB Total) Windows Vista Business 64-bit

Media drive (E:) Lite-on CD/DVD Burner

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4200

Total available graphics memory 3323 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 2811 MB

Display adapter driver version 8.632.1.2000

Primary monitor resolution 1440x900

DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

Network Adapter Realtek RTL8185 PCI 10/100 802.11 G Wireless Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

I'm going to be putting in some more HDD's when I get the money, and then setitng up a Server 2003 test lab/network so I can practice for my MCSA/MCSE classes and maybe even Server 2008 if I can get a copy from School. Exchange is a bitch on resources, so I'm hoping the ram and extra dedicated drives will help. I'm going to dedicate a separate HDD for each VM to increase performance. In school we have them all running off 1 HDD at the same time, and when booting Exchange, it takes almost 1 hour for all 3 VM's to come up all the way. If they had a drive for each VM like I suggested we wouldn't have that problem, so I am hoping to 1 up them at home to practice with AD, Domains, DNS and Exchange. I'm also going to be taking the Offsec PWB 3.0 http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/bac...ck-v-3-0-alive/ course and want some extra VM's for practicing to hack into from the BT side.

Hopefully this machine will be able to handle all that I am going to throw at it, with multiples of VM's running Server 2003, XP, Vista and BackTrack 4 all at the same time. The school machines are about the same specs, only they have 8GB of ram and a single HDD. I will probably upgrade the CPU to the Phenom II X4 at some point as well, but these parts we're for a project at school, and about the only thing I put into it so far that wasn't pre defined was the memory. All the other parts we're part of the schools budget kits for system builders, but they are pretty decent considering what they come with and its a step up from my last machine in every area except the CPU, which still wont be an issue with the VM's anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated the refrigerator cabinet.

4315971876_801e6b331c.jpg

Got rid of the old hardware and replaced it with 2 HP Proliant DL145 servers. Ran two new circuits from the main panel in the house to power it. Need to get a UPS for the servers still.

Top box is the FreeNAS:SAMBA/RSYNC/secondary webserver

Bottom Box is my Pfsense: Firewall/captive portal/VPN/ClamAV/Proxy/Webserver - LAN/WAN/WIFI all segregated on the 3 internal nics

Edited by beakmyn

I updated the refrigerator cabinet.

4315971876_801e6b331c.jpg

Got rid of the old hardware and replaced it with 2 HP Proliant DL145 servers. Ran two new circuits from the main panel in the house to power it. Need to get a UPS for the servers still.

Top box is the FreeNAS:SAMBA/RSYNC/secondary webserver

Bottom Box is my Pfsense: Firewall/captive portal/VPN/ClamAV/Proxy/Webserver - LAN/WAN/WIFI all segregated on the 3 internal nics

Nice!

Playing around with Windows Home Server in one of my storage server boxes.

http://twitpic.com/19b5ll

Edited by barry99705

Well, it's not as cool as the rest, but this is my old rig from work that I just pulled out to rebuild into a dedicated linux box.

029fy.jpg

Here we go... my humble rig!

Just added a new WD 1TB to it and bought a new mobo since the old one died on me...

IMG_7784.jpg

fat026.jpg

The specs...

Processor: Intel Xeon E3110 @ 3Ghz+ Coolermaster N520

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

Graphics Card: Powercolor HD3870 512MB

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2-800

Display: Philips 19"+15"

Storage: WD 500GB+Seagate 250GB+ WD 1TB Green

Casing: CoolerMaster 690

PSU: FSP Epsilon 700W

Edited by st1ck

I rented the apartment directly below mine to use as office space. This way I can leach off the 50Mbit internet and it makes for an easy commute. Excuse the mess and the bad quality, I used my phone to take these pictures.

Here is my Desk:

IMAGE_121.png

That is 6 22" dell lcd's

The left two screens are my Linux box (opensuse 11.1 32bit on core 2 e7300, 4gb ddr2 800, nvidia 7950GT)

The top middle and top right is my doze machine (xp sp3 32bit on quad core Q6600, 4gb ddr2 1066, ati HD 4850, 300GB WD Velociraptor)

The bottom middle and bottom right is my hackintosh (10.5.6 on core 2 e8500, 4gb ddr2 800, nvidia 8800GTX)

I run synergy to share the single keyboard and mouse with all 3 machines - it also shares my clipboard

(shares over network, you select which machine to control via mouse position, when you hit the edge of one monitor it will auto-switch to the next computer - very cool stuff http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/)

Keyboard is a Das Keyboard, 2nd gen, blank keys, mouse is a Logitech G9

Here is my 2nd desk, behind me

IMAGE_122.png

That is where I work on customer machines, in the picture is a customers Sony that I just reformatted. That is one of my laptops, its a travelmate 6292

Here is my business partners rig

IMAGE_126.png

One machine, 3 22" samsung LCD's, I don't recall his specs but I am pretty sure he spent around 5k on the hardware. He runs Vista sp1 32bit.

This is my administrative assistants desk - above it is our 50" samsung plasma flanked by Niles speakers, above the center channel is a Wii bar :)

IMAGE_125.png

Now for the rack:

IMAGE_124.png

From the top:

24 port D-link GB switch

Cable modem (comcast business class, 50mb down 10 mb up, no speed boost, no meter)

Cisco 1805 Router

Xbox 360, Wii

Yamaha RX-V663 A/V receiver

Panamax M5300-PM Power Center

Velocity Micro Media Center (win7 beta 32bit on Quad Q9550, 4GB DDR2 1066, nvida 9800GTX, dual ATI Digital Cable Tuners w/ Comcast digital cable cards)

Custom Windows Home Server (quad q6600, 4GB DDR 1066, 4x 1TB, 3x 1.5 TB HDD's = 9.5TB storage array - case is expandable to 20 total HDDs)

That's the king of set up I want to have one day, once I move to a bigger house.