Just got an XBOX360, any recommendations?

not_anyone_important

Games: Call of Duty 4 and/or Call of Duty 5: World at War, Gears of War 2, maybe Halo 3, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2 if you're into that sort of thing

Accessories: Rechargeable wireless controller, Plug and Play kit (charges your controller while you play), maybe think about upgrading your headset to something a little nicer but other than that you should be good to go.

Hope this helps,

Apollo

Get Gears of War 2 and GTA IV first :)

If you find yourself renting a lot of movies, seriously consider Netflix. the streaming support to the 360 is actually pretty good. Decent HD video streaming, however only 2.0 Audio.

yeah the netflix support is cool but the netflix instant movies fucking suck. if you dont mind watching every shitty movie from the 80' and 90's youre cool though.

yeah the netflix support is cool but the netflix instant movies fucking suck. if you dont mind watching every shitty movie from the 80' and 90's youre cool though.

Yeah I'm not TOO impressed with the movie selection, but I watch A LOT of movies. I tend to throw on a documentary of some sort or another and play it in the background. I also like the selection of indie flicks. It's also cool if you have a flavor for a classic film on occasion. It certainly beats trolling the TV trying to find something good.

Yeah I'm not TOO impressed with the movie selection, but I watch A LOT of movies. I tend to throw on a documentary of some sort or another and play it in the background. I also like the selection of indie flicks. It's also cool if you have a flavor for a classic film on occasion. It certainly beats trolling the TV trying to find something good.

yeah the docs are really the most interesting shit ive found on there, that and some of the television series shows are ok

#xbins

Gears of War is a must, as well as Fallout 3 and COD4. I'm not sold on COD5 yet, but that may come.

Also, Mass Effect and Oblivion are good games.

The Netflix support is fantastic. They may be mostly older movies, but its a nice feature. There is also quite a few network TV shows there.

If you check out www.avsforum.com they have a listing for some software to support Hulu and a few other streaming sources.

There are lots of really fun downloadable games like Castle Crashers on the 360. You can get Orange Box for 360 if you dont want it for PC. Fallout 3 and GoW 2 for sure... I just got Mirror's Edge but haven't played it yet. From what I saw my brother playing, it looks pretty cool.

There are lots of really fun downloadable games like Castle Crashers on the 360. You can get Orange Box for 360 if you dont want it for PC. Fallout 3 and GoW 2 for sure... I just got Mirror's Edge but haven't played it yet. From what I saw my brother playing, it looks pretty cool.

i was thinking about mirrors edge for sure. it looked fucking badass, but upon watching a couple trailers and reading about it it seems that you have no weapons? i may be wrong. but i just cant play a game that dosnt allow headshots.

Orange Box is a great cheap go. Halo 3 is almost a necessity (seriously, it isn't the end all of games, but if you want to play online, most others don't have as many players). Crackdown can be had cheap and is a fun romp. GTA4 is good too.

The Play and Charge pack is good too.

Mirror's Edge has weapons, but your not 'meant' to use them. The guards have them, you can knock em out and take them but I don't think you can reload them, which I think can become quite tedious, but I dunno, It seems fun to be played without weapons.

Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit and an extra battery pack. it's better than the play and charge kit because you stay wireless.

well you didn't mention what type of games you like but here is some of my favorites.

also my personal rating, 4* or 5*

BioShock ****

Gears of War 1/2 (play 1 before 2) *****

Fear ****

Rainbow Six Vegas *****

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (1 or 2) ****

Saints Row 2 (better than GTA4) *****

GTA4 ****

PGR4 ****

Call of Duty 4 & 5 *****

Need For Speed Carbon (i'm not a fan of Pro Street, the newest one) ****

Medal of Honor Airborne ****

Grid ****

Halo 3 ****

Rock Band 1 or 2 *****

Mass Effect ****

NHL2K8 or 2K9 ****

Destroy All Humans ****

Skate ****

Tony Hawk ****

Crackdown (if you can find it, its worth it) *****

some of these games are a little older so might be harder to find but I included them because if you can find them they are worth picking up.

Don't discredit the Xbox Live games either. a lot of them are really good.

some of my favs.

3D Ultra Minigolf

A Kingdom of Keflings

Aegis Wing (FREE)

Age of Booty

Assault Heroes 1 & 2

Bankshot Billiards 2

Bejeweled 2

Bomberman Live

Contra

Defender

Doom

Double Dragon

Duke Nukem 3D

Eats: Chowdown

Gauntlet

Geometry Wars

Marathon: Durandal

Mega Man 9

Metal Slug 3

Pac-Man, Ms Pac-Man, Pac-Man CE

Uno

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I never buy new games I always check ebay before buying a game you never know what kind of deal you might find. I have purchase about 15 games from there generally half price if not less. I know shameless plug for ebay but it is worth it when games they are charging $60 bucks for games.

COD4

Halo3

GTA4

Madden09

You could buy a replacement case Lian Li Case . It will help keep it cool by allowing better air flow and will extend the life of the 360. Also, dont put it in an enclosed entertainment center because doing so will restrict airflow and can cause it to overheat faster and will also cause it to pull in dust.

Please dont buy one of those Nyko Intercooler's because they are cheap and the idiots who made them were actually stupid enough to make it completely of plastic. Im guessing your smart enough to figure out what happens when plastic gets hot and you will end up with a nice plastic brick melted to the back of your 360 and yes that does void your Warranty.

As far as accessories I would have to say get an extra controller and 2 charge kits that is of course if you dislike wireless controllers but if you plan on playing alot and for extend periods of time you can keep one controller charged and just swap them out when one goes dead or just buy one of the charge docks if you dont want the extra controller.

Games that I recommend:

Halo 3

Crackdown

Just Cause

Assassin's Creed (its a bit repetitive but still a great game)

Call Of Duty 4

Orange Box

Prototype

Gears of War

Oblivion

Oh and something else really important, DO NOT PICK THE 360 UP WHILE ITS ON cause if you have a game in it will cut a ring into the game and cause your 360 to become really sensitive about reading certain games if not cause it to stop reading them completely. My younger brother came over and I let him play mine and he somehow slid one of the game disk's under the system and lifted it up to get the disk and now mine doesnt like to read some games.

Well thats about all I can think of. Just Try to keep it in an open, dry place (not on the floor) and keep it free of dust and dont leave it on for long periods of time.

Thanks for not buying one of those Blue Ray players with gaming functionality & have fun Gaming :D!

Hi, I'm going to buy an 360 Elite but still have an six years old CRT TV. Can anybody tell me if this will work well enough to play or do I have to use one of my 19" TFTs? My budget doesn't allow me to buy an LCD-TV in short time.

Is it possible to use my Creative Audigy 2 ZS with the 360 to get Surround Sound?

I know, alot of questions but I can't wait til my 360 arrives :)