What Type of Job are You in?

ForsetiAvatar

Some of the questions/responses in my case mod thread got me wondering about this. Apparently there are a couple of other Engineering types out there.

So, What type of job is everyone in, or what field do you plan to go into?

I do Industrial Engineering/IT Management for a machinist.

I would love to open an internet cafe type place someday if I can ever work out a good business model.

I just finished my freshmen year in electrical engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, that's what the [uWP] stood for in my name at the CS:S lan party, [uWP]Jigga-Zula. Mubix asked.

Anyways I am one of those lowly computer lab consultants. Now during the summer I'm either going to be working at an arcade or helping my brother start out his line boring business.

That seems like it would be very fun to own your own internet cafe.

PS: (shameless plug) If anyone needs any line boring done in southern Wisconsin you should message me. $1500 per bore.

I'm a software developer that's been working mostly in the finance sector (banks, insurance companies). My primary focus has been in developing cool stuff for the backend of systems.

Lately they're also sending me out on technical consultancy jobs, where I either fix problems that mystified the local techs, or review software they wrote but that isn't behaving as some people would like.

Up till the last few months I have been working as a consultant working in a number of sectors such as the aerospace among others, working on a wide range of projects from data and voice communication systems to custom security solutions for high security systems.

Now I’m heading up a development team that designs security related products from the ground up such as intrusion detection and prevention systems and designing hardware security solutions for NAS’s and other network related products, basically anything that need encryption on the fly and at a hardware level, I’m your man.

Well this will make me feel left out.... Im a support worker for the Intellectually disbaled! and i do love my job.

Big change from every other person that posted something to do with technology.

thats a really cool job dude =)

Lots of tech jobs in here. I am a fashion designer.

My job is just a cover for my drug and prostitute smuggling ring, that’s where I make the real money bring smack, coke, amphetamines and Chinese and Eastern European slave girls into the USA and Europe. :lol:

I am going to be a senior in college this year so im still doin the part time thing. I wait tables at a shit on the floor hole in the wall fucking waste of space restaurant. I also work full time during the summer doing gardening. Thats right I said GARDENING.I am the only male on a crew of 6 in which 3 of the girls are extremely hot. Its very tough guys. I must tell you. I also do development on a project that the government swore me to secrecy about.

My majors in school are Philosophy and Computer Forensic Science. I am also a wanna be pron star.

p.s. I lied about the pron star. I feel uncomfortable having sex on camera.

currently i am nearly ending my year as a sophmore in highschool no job... but in the future I have no idea what i wanna be, maybe soemthing with security or encryption. An internet cafe would be fun to do with the right bussiness model.

Right now I work for a large webhosting company. I do phone support for people that have fancy titles like "Directory of IT" for very large companies understand the complexities of FTP and POP. I am hoping to learn more PHP, java and other web languages as I would really like to get into the SEO side of things.