myspace: yes or no and why

RogueHart

do you use myspace or not and why?

i use myspace. for different reasons.

1. like any internet community of any kind it gives me the chance to meet people from around the world that share my interests and can provide intelligent conversation.

2. i listen to all kinds of music. and since most bands these days have a myspace i add them to my friends list. and since most bands add other bands that have a similar sound to theirs i can easily find more and more bands that have good music that i like through it.

3. updates. some stuff "like the angry video game nerd" use myspace to keep fans updated on whats going on. and myspace is sometimes the first thing they update because it takes nothing to update on myspace.

4. its faster than email for communicating with friends who are out and about in the world.

I dont use myspace but i do use facebook, and well i use it for the same reasons you mentioned, well accept for the adding bands reason lol... But i must admit that sites like that take up alot of your time, thats why i try not to go on as often.

I dont use myspace but i do use facebook, and well i use it for the same reasons you mentioned, well accept for the adding bands reason lol... But i must admit that sites like that take up alot of your time, thats why i try not to go on as often.

ive got an anti-addiction problem. i get addicted to something for about 1-3 months then i lose interest almost entirely. i used to play WoW (8 months or so) then i just got bored and stopped lol. so sites like that made no difference to me lol

i use facebook mainly to catch up with old friends...apart from my IRL name, i share very little else....i know that technically people have to be friends to view your details but i'm more concern with the information made available to government agencies under various laws, acts and policies ...

yeah maybe i'm a little anal about it but hey...there it is

I use myspace. I had a facebook, but it just seemed to slow.

People complain about horrible myspace layouts, but face book has the same problem, especially when someone has +20 of those little applications. Ive seen some apps that log user data, i wont mention which ones i know of. You can make the same argument about myspace as well i guess.

Also how hard it is to cancel a facebook account really annoyed me, i changed all my personal information and waited a month to cancel it. But i can still go back and activate it any time.. thats not really canceling an account.

I use myspace mostly if i need to get a hold of a friend, they are more likely to check that then their real email address.

I guess if i could i wouldn't have myspace either, but for what it does i think its the best.

If i had a personal blog i would most defiantly close my myspace.

I got conned into Myspace by a friend who was always sending vid links from there. So, since I had to register, I figured I would use it.

It can be a good way to kill time when you are stuck at your desk with nothing to do. That, and it's a good way to keep up with the friends I have spread around the world.

I have a myspace, but all thats really on it is the single line of html that crashes it a couple times (posted more than once it crashes IE7!).

<style>*{position:relative}</style><table><input></table>

As far as facebook, I think there are too many applications, they are both just annoying... as are the people addicted.

@DingleBerries

Hey, sorry for delay.

No that's not me. And good luck if you want to continue searches of any data about me. Name is I think the most you can easily find.

But if you want my picutre, just ask ;p

btw, I don't usually post my location, but since I silghtly trust this community I decided not to hide. Maybe finally someone nearby will like Hak5 too and I won't be limited to foreigners.