Left or Right?

K1u

width=300 height=400http://i25.tinypic.com/2vl8lud.gif[/img]

If you see this lady turning in clockwise you are using your right brain.

If you see it the other way, you are using left brain.

Some people do see both ways, but most people see it only one way.

If you try to see it the other way and if you do see,

your IQ is above 160 which is almost a genius!

Then see if you can make her go one way and then the other by shifting the brain's current. 

BOTH DIRECTIONS CAN BE SEEN --

This was proved at Yale University, over a 5-year study on the human brain

and its functions. Only 14% of the US population can see her move both ways.

http://www.funderstanding.com/right_left_brain.cfm 

i see her going clockwise, then i close my eyes, and when i reopen i can see her going counterclockwise.

cool!

Yeah, I can see both ways too, it goes clockwise most of the time, so I guess I'm right brain dominant? 

I was able to make it turn the other way by looking down and to the right a bit and spacing out for a second, and it switched quickly to going counterclockwise.

At first I saw her spinning left then suddenly the shifted right and thats when i freaked out and actually read the post. i studied it longer and she stayed spinning right for a minute then i moved my eyes to the left and back and she was moving left. after that i was able to move her semi-at will. more like, i try to make her go the other way then soon she does it but its  not always automatic.

not sure if this is relevant but i haven't slept in like 30 hours so....just throwing that out there.

The left brain is generally the verbal and analytical whereas the right brain is generally creative and spatial (I'm currently teaching myself to draw from a  book called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain). For me it looked like she was turning clockwise until I started reading your post and then it looked like she was turning anti-clockwise. I think that IQ of 160 bit if you try is bullshit though.

Watching it on this page I can see it going both ways, but it just seemed somehow like it was switching back and forth to me.

To check, I just opened it up in Image Ready to examining each frame of the gif file. It looks to me like it goes clockwise almost all the way around, then it flips and goes backwards, then starts over back to the front again. There is a little flick when the leg comes around clockwise and the hair changes direction at frame16 moves to 17. When the switch happens it then goes the other way(counter clockwise), then at 24/25 it switches again with the arms and shoulders indicating the motion change taking place and it goes clockwise again until frame 34 where the image then loops and starts over from frame 1 again.

After watching it again and again, it changes each time I watch it, so I have no clue what way it is really going, even if they say it only goes one way, I can't tell one way or the other.

Another fun brain trick if you have friends who don't think your insane :)

Have someone sit directly in front of you and close your eyes. Have them tap on your knees left than right in about 2 second bursts like this left....right.....left.....right and make no noise in the room. Different people have got different things from this from seeing faces to full blown memories. It's a form of light hypnosis that triggers each side of your brain into a rhythmic state. The 1 time i had it done by a therapist i almost fell asleep in the chair and woke up in a n odd euphoric state like when you wake up from a realistic dream this to me is odd since i have had people try and get my under hypnosis before and it always failed. My brain is just way to active and doesn't like to shut down even when under anesthetic as i found out the 2 times i have had surgery.

Also for the record i see clockwise 90% of the time which very much goes along with some tests i took that said i am very right brained heavy.

WOW neat i just figured out how to control it it.

Scroll your browser down so you can just see the shadow below. Sit and concentrate on making your eyes follow the shadow turn the direction of your choice and it will start to turn that way. Scroll up again and it will be moving that way. If your like me though as soon as you close your eyes for a few seconds it goes right back to the normal way.