Internet Explorer 8

markhimself

microsoft doesnt understand what update and upgrade means.

look at most of their programs,  IE went downhill after ie6    ie7 uses a lot more memory and cpu usage and lacks many of the features of ie6 like  ftp support (in ie6 i can open any folder and access one of my few ftp servers, ie7 removed this ease of use

all microsoft has been focused on the past 6 years was eye candy and not performance or functionality

look at most of their programs,  IE went downhill after ie6    ie7 uses a lot more memory and cpu usage and lacks many of the features of ie6 like  ftp support (in ie6 i can open any folder and access one of my few ftp servers, ie7 removed this ease of use

all microsoft has been focused on the past 6 years was eye candy and not performance or functionality

you have to look at the people who use the software

To almost everyone who uses computers in general updates and new features means "ooohh, eye candy".  Geeks like us don't care about eye candy just features so we'll use something that can add features... Firefox come to mind it has so many addons it's a much better choice, when was the last time your mom/dad/sister/grandparrent needed a feature that IE didn't have?

you have to look at the people who use the software

To almost everyone who uses computers in general updates and new features means "ooohh, eye candy".  Geeks like us don't care about eye candy just features so we'll use something that can add features... Firefox come to mind it has so many addons it's a much better choice, when was the last time your mom/dad/sister/grandparrent needed a feature that IE didn't have?

does adblock count ? if so daily :p

I'm going to say no to adblock

Did they have a problem and ask you to fix it?  People can browse the web without ad block and end users don't even notice or think there's something they can do about it.

good point ..

firefox has many good features like grease monkey,

for some time I have been making a grease monkey script that will allow hak5 to better fit different screen sizes by changing the  fixed sizes of the forum to a more dynamic look where it will size it's self based on the size of the screen  and not just a fixed size designed for 1024x768

was able to do it by saving one of the pages and editing the code the only problem is getting grease monkey to apply those changes to each page in real time

cant do that with IE

Version 8, as of now is the worst ever...

i know it's only in Beta stage (as i see it.. the whole Windows thingy is still in beta...) but from the quick review i did on it..

it seems that not even MSN, MS's home site looks right in it... i had to Emulate IE7 to see it right... :roll:

firefox has many good features like grease monkey,

for some time I have been making a grease monkey script that will allow hak5 to better fit different screen sizes by changing the  fixed sizes of the forum to a more dynamic look where it will size it's self based on the size of the screen  and not just a fixed size designed for 1024x768

was able to do it by saving one of the pages and editing the code the only problem is getting grease monkey to apply those changes to each page in real time

cant do that with IE

Technically not a good example, since GM is a 3rd party addition to Firefox.

Its probably good that they removed FTP, since a new IE5 and IE6 attack has been taking place recently: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=4126

Version 8, as of now is the worst ever...

i know it's only in Beta stage (as i see it.. the whole Windows thingy is still in beta...) but from the quick review i did on it..

it seems that not even MSN, MS's home site looks right in it... i had to Emulate IE7 to see it right... :roll:

that's just sad....

...sigh...

concept code -- it does what it should... kinda.. and only one way

alpha -- crashes all the time but does what it should mostly... buggy

beta -- crashes some times... some bugs...  memory leaks... ineffective code... insecure code

charley/gamma/delta -- almost never crashes... few bugs...  better/faster code

RTM --  SHOULD be safe fast "never" crash and bug free