Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

FYI -

I also installed the firefox beta 2, but then reinstalled the flashplayer 8 from the archive. The program still works, though I am getting inconsistencies with naming of the files. What version is everyone else using that seems to be the most consistent / stable.

THanks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now somebody else who suffered like me tell me how my fix worked out for them already dangit!

Yup, worked for me! Woohoo. You, sir, have my gratitude.......

- snubz

UPDATE: actually, although it fixed the window moving, after doing this I could no longer rip tracks. I restored the file and went back to my own little manual hack of disabling Javascript for the brief time when it tries to move the app, using the Web Developer toolbar.

Is there anyone who could get the grabber to work with linux?

I always get "unable to rip MP3 null" messages and the traceback is:

INFO [Thread-1] (ProcessAction.java:24) - handling mp3 request

INFO [Thread-1] (Mp3Processor.java:24) - locating mp3

INFO [Thread-1] (Server.java:112) - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)

at util.Mp3Processor.findUserTmpDir(Mp3Processor.java:128)

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentMP3(Mp3Processor.java:25)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:30)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

INFO [Thread-1] (Server.java:42) - unable to rip MP3 null

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to rip MP3 null

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:113)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

I haven't done anything substantial in Java so am kind of lost. Any suggestions?

Guest t3chn0b0y
Is there anyone who could get the grabber to work with linux? I haven't done anything substantial in Java so am kind of lost. Any suggestions?

Im suprised you got it running that far.. In linux the temp directory

is in a different location.. Are you running everything under Wine?

Im suprised you got it running that far.. In linux the temp directory

is in a different location.. Are you running everything under Wine?

I took a look at the source and it seems that it has a platform independent way of finding out the temp dir location which works fine for linux too. This in itself is not a surprise since the whole thing is written in java, what I am surprised about is the fact that after all grabbing doesn't work :)

So running the jar file is okay, I get the normal message from the server after starting it on port 8888

INFO [main] (Client.java:32) - initing app

INFO [Thread-1] (Server.java:55) - running

INFO [Thread-1] (Server.java:42) - Welcome to Pandora's Jar

INFO [Thread-1] (Server.java:42) - Attempting to lauch on port 8888...

INFO [Thread-1] (Server.java:42) - OK!

INFO [Thread-1] (Server.java:42) - [ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

then go to http://localhost:8888/ with firefox, all is fine, the thing logs into pandora, etc, the music is playing although after clicking the grab button it gives the error what I've posted above. Must be some trivial thing since, again, it's written in java, so should be platform independent (ideally).

So there is no wine involved.

hello,

new guy on the boards, i've been lurking and using since the pandora 6.* days (yea, i know, a few months anyway).

i seem to be having a problem, i get the MP3's no problem, but a lot of them have the wrong title.

when i hear them live in pandora, the music matches the title displayed, but a lot of times when i go to the files and try to listen to the music, the songs are wrong. i get a tool song in a helloween file, skid row song in anthrax file, etc.

does anyone else have that happen, and how can i fix that?

thanks in advance for any help, and i appreciate the work all you guys have put into this.

later,

chip

Guest t3chn0b0y

A Request: How about a pandora.jar chat room on the hak.5 irc server,

i would be more than willing to hang around in.. :wink: just a thought

for those that now what rock star drinks are , i just downed about 6 of

them in an hour, and need something constructive to do..

Pandora 7.3.2 and file names / tags

Pandora 7.3.2 is better than Pandora 7.3.1 as long as you don't change stations. If you do it starts messing up the names/tags of the files on disk again.

Solution - after changing station, shut down http://localhost and the pandora.jar window, and restart them.

I haven't check 7.4.1 in that manner - did anyone ?

I still am looking for one place for updates (other than this very long thread). The other thread in hak5 is not updated. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

Pandora 7.3.2 is better than Pandora 7.3.1 as long as you don't change stations. If you do it starts messing up the names/tags of the files on disk again.

Solution - after changing station, shut down http://localhost and the pandora.jar window, and restart them.

I still am looking for one place for updates (other than this very long thread). The other thread in hak5 is not updated. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

OMG that must be my problem!!!! I can't believe it; I've had trouble with wrong names for a LONG time now, but I am ALWAYS changing stations!! That must be my problem, I almost gaurentee it!!

MaxRabbit wrote:

OMG that must be my problem!!!! I can't believe it; I've had trouble with wrong names for a LONG time now, but I am ALWAYS changing stations!! That must be my problem, I almost gaurentee it!!

-----------------------

I don't think so Max. I went through all the same grief with wrong names that I keep reading about here until I finally lucked out on a config that has been rock stable running 24/7 for over 2 months now. Never a hiccup and never a wrong name. There are a lot of different versions floating around, but 7.3.1 Beta is the one that works for me. It used to be available here http://wildandbad.com/pandora.beta.7.3.1.zip but I just tried it and the site is down. See if you can find this somewhere else. The pandora.jar size is 137087 bytes.

I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.2 and Flash 8,0,22,0

CDDB lookup ON

Cruise control ON

iTunes OFF

last.FM data OFF

style: Pandora

all user names and passwords blank

Changing the default location of the Pandora folder works OK without messing anything up, and Port 8000 works for me so I haven't tried changing it.

A few tips on usage:

Check Firefox with TaskManager several times a day and restart it when it gets over 300 Mb (with 1Gb ram). Session Saver automatically restarts Pandora where it left off.

Set Songs before Reload to 0 (meaning no reloads) during the daytime and to 20 for overnight. You always lose the first grab after a reload unless you grab it manually.

Don't click on Thumbs Down or Skip Track until the Grab is complete. This is guaranteed to mess up the naming of the next song. You're allowed 6 Skip Tracks per hour per station and Pandora keeps track of this even after a restart of Firefox.

No problem changing stations.

I haven't found it necessary to clean out Firefox cache.

The autocomplete in Firefox makes it a simple 3-key sequence to get localHost running. ( L - downArrow - Return)

Don't try to reorganize or clean up the files in the mp3 folder until you're sure you're completely finished downloading. Pandora will overwrite any existing files with the same name so you'll never wind up with any duplicates, but as soon as you move anything out of that folder you'll find (if you keep on downloading) that you have a never ending job of trying to reconcile duplicate files.

Actually, it's not quite true about Pandora always overwriting duplicates because sometimes the album won't be recognized and you'll wind up with the same song inside an album folder and the same song outside with no album shown. But it's not a big problem.

I'm using version 7.4.1 and loading the lyrics doesn't seem to work for me

It says "Lyrics retrieved successfully!" (below the "Grab this track" button), but in the lyrics part of the app it says "Error loading included script: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"

can somebody help me out on this one?

PS: maybe it would be helpful if the current version was always released by editing the very first post, so one doesn't have to read through all posts (starting from the back of course ^^) each time

I just installed firefoxand jarbeta4, and cant get the player to load in the jar browser tab. I uninstalled marco 9 did a fresh install of macro 8, and when you open jar in browser it says that you need macro 9 to view plugin.......is this an issue with the release of firefox im using?

.......also how can you specify where the mp3's will be stored, i wasnt able to find this in the thread?

Thanks

EDIT : Oh and yeah if that has allready been addressed, a link should suffice.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...fp8_archive.zip

http://latenightgames.com/pandora/pandora.beta.7.3.zip

https://sdlc6d.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServl...46B06C4BB0723F8

Flash 8, I used the r22 folder which is in this dl.

Pandora Zip 7.3(with bat/exe file), the one on the first post didn't work for me, the mirror on the second post did.

Java Runtime Environment 1.5

G'day fellow pandora fans:

I have followed all the help instructions I can find. Pandora's jar is up and running, I can listen to pandora, but the saving isn't working. Under Grab this track, I see(example, doobie bros. playing):

Fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist. (The Doobie Brothers) song (What A Fool Believes)....

When the song ends, the ID changes to the next song, when it begins to play, but I no other messages(saved?) and nothing appears in my Pandora folder, or in itunes. Also, this doesn't look like a good thing in my minimized win32 window:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/ral...os/system32.jpg

Thanks to any wise one with the answer.

I am currently using:

Firefox version : 1.5.06

Pandora's Jar : 7.3.4

Flash 8

java 1.5.0_08

I downloaded and ran pandora's jar, and the player didnt load in the browser, in its place a link to download the software (Flash 9), i clicked the link and the player loaded, everything looks fine, but im not able to get any music, i kept getting ther Error :"Unable to rip mp3 make sure you have pandora running in a firefox brower." and "Error loading included script: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

localhost connected to server."

This was the plugin failed to load image that i was seeing with flash 8 installed.

Image of missing plugin

Thanks

Well, I'm taking 1/2 of my words back. It's not that simple. I've tried checking each grabbed (I'm working with Manual now) song after a station change and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Another question - is there a place for public stations ?

I have tried every different version of Pandera I can find, and they all have exactly the same problem. Whether on cruise control or manual grabbing, it always says "Fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist." And then the currently playing artist name and song. If on cruise control, it says that constantly; if on manual, it says that when I hit "Grab this Track". Yet I never ever ever get a saved mp3, and I have searched my whole computer in case it saved somewhere weird.

Running:

Macromedia Flash Player 8 (downloaded from link in other thread)

Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.2.4_03

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 8 (.... I assume this makes my java 1.5.0_08)

Firefox 1.5.0.6

EDIT: Of course right after I post this I make it work! I used the link above (beta 7.3.1, thanks tedrocks!!) and it works! Seems to tag correctly and communicates with last.fm right, too.

EDIT 2: OK, it grabs files fine when I click "grab this track", but cruise control doesn't seem to be doing its thing until I specifically tell it to. (just says "initing MP3 rip", which really bothers me for some reason... a misspelling or a real programming term?)