Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

This is an amazing app. Kudos to all involved. However, I notcied a small error: when I load http://localhost in Firefox, the initial webpage comes up and loads the Pandora player at the top. After it loads, however, it moves out of position towards the upper left.

This unfortunately hides some of the buttons of the Pandora player (forward, pause, etc), and blocks the Jar's buttons, like Abort. I'm posted a screenshot, too. The player is initially sitting nicely where the white area is, and again, after it loads the settings, animates to that final position.

Very weird behavior. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

pandoragrabal0.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

I just started using this today, I love Pandora and I must say I love it even more now with this hack.

Great job guys! Thanks for sharing it with me and everyone here.

I just have one question:

1. MY CDDB GRACENOTE lookup seems to be broken and won't work this is what my log file says:

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - looking up ID3 tag info 4 [Warren Zevon|I'll Slow You Down]

INFO Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - looking up data: SongInfo{album='null', artist='Warren Zevon', title='I'll Slow You Down', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - submitted initial search

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - looking for artist: Warren Zevon

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line:

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Music Search

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Digital Top Ten Index

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: How Does It Work

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Products using Gracenote®

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Content Partner Program

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Advanced

Search

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Johnny Cash

American V: A Hundred

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Thom Yorke

The Eraser

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: About Gracenote

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: FAQ

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Privacy Policy

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Terms of Use

DEBUG Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - line: Site Map

WARN Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - failed lookup -- no biggy: no IDA tag found for artist: SongInfo{album='null', artist='Warren Zevon', title='I'll Slow You Down', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

Anyone else not being able to lookup songs?

or is this just because the song isn't found on CDDB? but when i try to search it manually I can find it!

Thanks for all your help

Guest t3chn0b0y
This is an amazing app. Kudos to all involved. However, I notcied a small error: when I load http://localhost in Firefox, the initial webpage comes up and loads the Pandora player at the top. After it loads, however, it moves out of position towards the upper left.

This unfortunately hides some of the buttons of the Pandora player (forward, pause, etc), and blocks the Jar's buttons, like Abort. I'm posted a screenshot, too. The player is initially sitting nicely where the white area is, and again, after it loads the settings, animates to that final position.

Very weird behavior. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

This appears to be a very old issue, i think your running on an older

version of pandora jar and need to update to the latest, make sure

also that you have removed flash 9, and install flash 8. If you need

any additional help with this you can always leave me a private message on here or send me an im and help you work through it. -=peace=-

http://www.wildandbad.com/article/pandoras-jar

I'm running:

Flash 8 (8.0.24.0)

Java 5 (1.5.0_06)

Firefox 1.5.0.6

I uninstalled Flash 9 player with the tool at this link:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashpl...lash_player.exe

I then installed Flash 8 rc24.

The MP3s rip fine...I get the MP3s in the /mp3 directory from where I unzipped Pandora's Jar. It's just that weird visual error that's happening, where the Pandora Flash app moves out of position.

UPDATE

======

Just for kicks, I disabled Javascript using the WebDev toolbar and reloaded the page. The app doesn't move out of position. I can then turn it back on to use the "Grab This Track" button, etc.

Kinda janky solution. Still would like to know what's going on, but I guess it works.

Guest t3chn0b0y
UPDATE

======

Just for kicks, I disabled Javascript using the WebDev toolbar and reloaded the page. The app doesn't move out of position. I can then turn it back on to use the "Grab This Track" button, etc.

Kinda janky solution. Still would like to know what's going on, but I guess it works.

im wondering the problem is associated with older skins?

are you using the default out of the box pandora skin?

How would this work as an alternative to restarting Pandora every 20 songs? And I'm thinking especially about unattended overnight operation with Cruise Control On.

When song no. 20 comes up, and after the grab, program in a Thumbs Down on whatever is playing.

This would provide several benefits, with 1) and 2) being the biggies:

1) It would satisfy Pandora's activity monitor

2) It would eliminate the current skipping of the grab on the first song after a restart

3) It would immediately start a new song and not waste time on playing the current song all the way through

4) It would prevent the Thumbs Down song from playing again on that station, which is what I want since I've already grabbed it.

--Roy

Guest t3chn0b0y
How would this work as an alternative to restarting Pandora every 20 songs? And I'm thinking especially about unattended overnight operation with Cruise Control On.

When song no. 20 comes up, and after the grab, program in a Thumbs Down on whatever is playing.

This would provide several benefits, with 1) and 2) being the biggies:

1) It would satisfy Pandora's activity monitor

2) It would eliminate the current skipping of the grab on the first song after a restart

3) It would immediately start a new song and not waste time on playing the current song all the way through

4) It would prevent the Thumbs Down song from playing again on that station, which is what I want since I've already grabbed it.

--Roy

I can see problems

1) a station is based on a song,artist or set of songs and artists

and when a band gets 2 thumbs down they will never play another

song from that band again.

2) every time there is a thumbs down the style of the music played

gets changed a bit.

now there is the sleep that would make it not play that song

again for another 30 days.

but your talking about modifying the code of the flash files themselves

and im sure that wouldn't really turn some heads over at Pandora.

just my 2 cents..

First of all Pandora's Jar is a very cool application. Thanks to all who worked on it. :D

Anyone know what the following error message might mean?

I used Pandora's Jar without issue until just a few minutes ago and get a pop-up error message that reads "PandoraEventsError"

I'm using Flash 8, and the most recent versions of Firefox and Pandora's Jar.

Like I said it worked great until just a bit ago.

I might try and restart my machine and see if that helps . . . but I thought I'd post it just in case it was something new.

From the Java Window:

localhost connected to server.

unable to rip MP3 Software caused connection abort: socket write error

Info from Log:

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - looking up ID3 tag info 4 [null|null]

INFO Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - looking up data: SongInfo{album='null', artist='null', title='null', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

WARN Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - failed lookup -- no biggy: unable to fetch ID3 info - title and artist are required

WARN Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - unable to save img - albumImgLoc: null songInfo: SongInfo{album='null', artist='null', title='null', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - adding ID3 tags: SongInfo{album='null', artist='null', title='null', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

DEBUG Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - cruise on - dealing with file manually

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeBytes(Unknown Source)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:84)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3 Software caused connection abort: socket write error

I need a bit of help. So far my installation has been fairly rough but I have gotten through it. Now everything is worken up until I get to Pandora and click Grab This Track. It will attempt to for a few seconds then will give me an error report of

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

I am running panora in a firefox browser (firefox 1.5.0.6) and connecting through port 8085 (80 wasnt worken for me).

Any help would be much apreciated.

Guest t3chn0b0y
I need a bit of help. So far my installation has been fairly rough but I have gotten through it. Now everything is worken up until I get to Pandora and click Grab This Track. It will attempt to for a few seconds then will give me an error report of

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

I am running panora in a firefox browser (firefox 1.5.0.6) and connecting through port 8085 (80 wasnt worken for me).

Any help would be much apreciated.

are you running flash 8... have you ran the uninstaller to remove version 9 if it was installed... what version of pandora jar do you have? these have been the cause of most of the issues people have encountered..

Guest t3chn0b0y
The album images don't work for me. Is there something I am doing wrong? I am using the newest beta 7.3.1.

there is still a few bugs in the lastfm that needs to be worked out.

This site was brought to my attention today: http://pyrcast.com/index.html

Basically it makes a large MP3 file with a playlist file for your current channel station for a selected period of time (5 hours max). It can make a 5 hour MP3 rip from pandora in about 10 to 15 mins. Of course my first thoughts are on a program to dissect this one large MP3 into individual songs using the included playlist. Maybe a more programing savy individual than myself can play around with some options for the rest of us. Anyways, seems like a great program to quickly add Pandora content to your fave MP3 player.

***EDIT***

Sorry, just read back a few pages and saw the suggestion about the Flash Player version. I checked my version and it came back to version 8.???, but when I right clicked in the Pandora window, it says 9.0.16.0.

I will uninstall it and load 8.

Thanks

Looks like a great piece of software, but I cant get it to rip....yet.

I think I followed all instruction properly in the newb thread. Checked my version of Flash - 8.0.??

The app comes up fine, logs into pandora fine, I see my radio stations and pick one and it starts playing fine. Not concerned with the Last.FM stuff yet.

Grabber Settings -

PandoraUserName (should this include the "@gmail.com" ??)

Cruise Control is off

When I click Grab This Song - Pandoras Jar window says Fetching ID3 info....

It also says Top Fans Fetch is disabled. ???

In the Pandora's Jar seperate info window I get

after hitting the Grab this song - I get

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a Firefox browser. ....It is. Version 1.5.0.6

All help appreciated, looking forward to getting this running.

Thanks

Hef

I've been messing around, and, now, Pandora isn't even saving the music files onto the harddrive in the usual place, or maybe not even at all.

So, I think the entire thing is rendered useless until someone can find a workaround for ripping the Pandora files directly from the radio.

It's released with full sources as the GPL license Pandora's Jar is under demands. All info on the site looks legit, and at no place is anybody asking for money in any way, shape or form. All it lacks is the attribution, which might still be there in the sources.

I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Guest t3chn0b0y

[quote name="HefGrabber Settings -

PandoraUserName (should this include the "@gmail.com" ??)

Cruise Control is off

When I click Grab This Song - Pandoras Jar window says Fetching ID3 info....

It also says Top Fans Fetch is disabled. ???

In the Pandora's Jar seperate info window I get

after hitting the Grab this song - I get

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a Firefox browser. ....It is. Version 1.5.0.6

All help appreciated' date=' looking forward to getting this running.

Thanks

Hef[/quote]

ya know, i never put my pandora name information in there

i usually leave it empty most of the time.. i never gave it much thought

of what its for? maybe someone else can help out on that question.

And i dont know why the lastfm indicates that it can't fetch the fan information and what not when it is disabled.

right now im ripping the cddb look up on, and the cruise control on.

with 30 songs before reload.. everything in in the settings i have as blank..

and i get a "You enabled last.fm listened track managment - Type in your last.fm user name and password. If authentication is provided the song will be added every time an MP3 is ripped. To manually manage tracks do not use the cruise control option.

Top fans fetch disabled."

now i know for a fact i didn't fill out any of the last.fm track management information in the settings.. so im a bit puzzled by that. from my perpective it appears a little bug. somewhere its not catching the fact that i dont have last.fm enabled..

but all, and all i have no problems with just the CDDB and the cruise control on... i can get the pics somewhere else.. and after the change on last.fm site.. heck im just too busy with pandora to even play last.fm.. so i dont use it anymore..

try to clean out your cache... maybe just check the two boxes like i did.. and dont fill in anything else and see what happens?

Guest t3chn0b0y
http://pandomax.com/

Rip off? Or was this posted by someone here? It looks pretty much identical to what has been developed here, without any props to the hak5 crew.

hmm its got a pandora.jar... its got the same configuration files

it has all the same skins... hmmm .... milky,neon_green,red,violet and the default... hmmm.... the thing that bugs me here is there is no credit given from where all the files and work came from... and its using the HAK.5 wallpapers...

Firts of all, congratulate you for this application!!!

I've noticed a problem with the files it downloads sometimes. I realized that when you launch Pandora's Jar, it creates a folder in the temp directory called "plugtmp" where it stores the Shockwave Flash Object. But sometimes (I still haven't figured out why) it doesn't copy the mp3 file in the temp directory as a "plugtmp*" but in /temp/plugtmp as a file name like this "8653157181033637659", and this causes to loose sync with filenames, because it copies the previous "plugtmp*" file stored in the temp directory and assigns it the actual "group - song.mp3" name instead of copying the correct one (which was stored incorrectly in /temp/plugtmp). Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Is there any solution for this?

http://pandomax.com/

Rip off? Or was this posted by someone here? It looks pretty much identical to what has been developed here, without any props to the hak5 crew.

hmm its got a pandora.jar... its got the same configuration files

it has all the same skins... hmmm .... milky,neon_green,red,violet and the default... hmmm.... the thing that bugs me here is there is no credit given from where all the files and work came from... and its using the HAK.5 wallpapers...

1. Pandora's Jar isn't Hak5's creation, we were just the first (AFAIK) to publicize such a hack. Since then it's gotten a lot of popularity and development.

2. I don't see any Hak5 wallpapers in those screen shots. Am I missing something?