Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

:!:

I'm not sure what what version everyone else is running but my local versions works great (7.2 pandora jar in the 7.3 dist).

A couple of things

this download is bad:

MIRROR: http://latenightgames.com/pandora/pandora.beta.7.3.zip

It does not have the correct version jar which might explain the inconsistent behavior accoss users - this version does not play nice with pandoras new cache saving methodology which span multable dir - wrong titles will be saved when using this version.

this download is better but still broken:

http://wildandbad.com/pandora.beta.7.3.1.zip

It has the updated logic to find the correct files but somehow the ITunes integration was broken.

The pandora station lookup does not work anymore as Pandora disabled the javascript callbacks. I am using this field for creating ITunes playlist / station dir

At some point I will attempt to integrate all updates into a single working dist - perhaps someone can volunteer to host

As always, I am glad to host. I use 7.3.1 and it works fine for me. I am running Flash 8 and the latest Java on Firefox 1.5.0.4. I did find that putting the jacob.dll in my system32 folder fixed the itunes stuff.

I'll gladly forwared the src files to you barley!!! I have if it'll help. I am very new to Java and so may have made mistakes along the way. But hopefully this will help to make a cohesive whole of the mixes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a sidenote...this may help making sense of the whole.

With the next release I suggest we start a new thread. Then each successive release will start a new thread after that. This may help cut down on a lot of the redundant questions, mixed versions and lost people.

It will also mean having to un-sticky the old thread or locking them after they are done, but hopefully some of the hak5 admins will help us with that.

MrDave,

I can't get to your wildandbad site to download the 7.3.1, I get a "page cannot be displayed". I can get to the latenightgames site, but, according to barley!!, that one (7.3) has problems. Could you please put the 7.3.1 on the mirror-latenightgames site?

Guest t3chn0b0y

Sweet I set it up to rip the mp3's to my 1 gig ipod shuffle on g:/

i can run a little python script on the shuttle and it will add all the songs

to the playlist.. by passing all the needs for itunes all together. There

is a python script, and a windows 32 version exe, but the exe is a bit out

of date and not been updated recently.. if anyone is interested in something like that send me a message. The neat thing is i dont loose

the complete file names and they can go anywhere on the ipod i want them without some software telling me where they need to go.

The only serious drain i can see is on the battery, always charging to

the max in 4 hrs and 16 hrs spent recording.. hmm...

So first, what can I do to fix my wrong names?

Secondly, I couldn't get the wildandbad.com link to open either, but then I opened it in Internet Explorer and it worked fine. Try IE instead of FireFox.

I interpreted barley!!'s suggestion as to try 7.3.1, he said that 7.3 has problems with the names. That's what I've been trying to get to, but I keep getting problems opening it up. I did try in IE, but I am using a proxy so it may be filtering it?

I am running beta 7.3 repack. This was package by a member on this board and I have not experience any type of problem as far as files being handled wrong. iTunes sync works like a charm that is how I know that the songs are being label correctly. The only thing that doesn't come in is the album covers. But as I've read here, that has something to do with last.FM. But if someone would like to maybe host the version that I am using just let me know.

But if someone would like to maybe host the version that I am using just let me know.

upload it to a webstorage like http://files.to or anything else

The problem with that is that there is versioning to consider. It isn't the space (or the bandwidth either) it is someone who will keep track of which version does what and why. Also I like to see that the folks who make contributions are being recognised.

Anyone can upload to those spots. In which case any joe blow could upload a corrupt or virused version and say it is an update. I'd like to think that if someone makes a clear commitment that they are hosting something (and can therefore be held liable) that they'd insure it was safe.

That's my take on it.

I apologise for the two weeks it took me to switch ips but going from cable internet to FiOS has been trickier than anticipated (since Verizon blocks port 80 those bastards).

www.wildandbad.com and wildandbad.com both redirect to ww2.wildandbad.com:8181 and because of that can take a second or 30 to get to your page. If you get a 'page cannot be displayed' try reloading, it might be faster next time.

if you want to go directly to the page try the ww2.wildandbad.com:8181 and see if that runs faster for you.

I hesitate to use the LateNightGames as a mirror for this (unless W&B is completely down) since I have pretty strict bandwidth usage there. Anyone else who'd provide an ftp or http mirror for the files is welcome...I'll gladly link them directly.

L0ki - yes, you can shut up now. (joke)

You can still download 7.2 and (most) older versions from wildandbad.com. I've archived them there. Scroll down the page to HISTORY and look for the links on the versions. If you want to try to assemble your own 7.3 repack (which is 7.3 with the 7.2 jar file)

Guest t3chn0b0y
But if someone would like to maybe host the version that I am using just let me know.

Anyone can upload to those spots. In which case any joe blow could upload a corrupt or virused version and say it is an update. I'd like to think that if someone makes a clear commitment that they are hosting something (and can therefore be held liable) that they'd insure it was safe.

That's my take on it.

I agree with you 100% .. :wink:

A virus effected version running around would could be disasterous

to the whole project. and then where would my life be... :?:

Dear all,

is it possible to write a python script for the xbox (xbmc) to use the pandora's jar ?

I've seen many threads in the xbox-scene who are actually asking for something like that. But up to now I haven't seen any xbmc python scripts for the xbox.

any informations to this ?

I found that Firefox was opening the page before Pandora's Jar was running, resulting in a blank page. To fix this problem I downloaded a command line sleep utililty and added "sleep 1" (1 second delay) in the batch file before Firefox tries to load in the page. This one second delay gives Pandora's Jar enough time to startup.

It would be convenient if a nice icon was packaged along with Pandora's Jar.

Sorry if either have already been mentioned; I didn't feel like reading through all 55 pages :)

Awesome program! Thanks to all involved.

Guest t3chn0b0y
I found that Firefox was opening the page before Pandora's Jar was running, resulting in a blank page.

I just set my home page to http://localhost:8085/ and have it go directly there when i load firefox.. so when i load up pandora.jar it goes directly

to where i want it to go.. when it loads slower then firefox i simply hit the

try again button that appears on the page.

thanks for the suggestion... :)

So, I REALLY really want to get Pandora working! What can I do to make it stop saving the wrong song than the one I am listening to, and naming it wrong?

What version of Pandora's jar are you running? Have you tried a clean install? Have you tried deleting all of your temp files? Do you have the relevant bits of your log? What version of FLASH are you using?

We don't mind helping, but you have to give us something to work with.

I just downloaded and installed the beta 7.3.1.... I didn't delete anything. I am using flash version 8. I have a pandorasJar.log file, it says a whole bunch of stuff like this: DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file ~DF5B6A.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~DF5B6A.tmp - will continue to next file

Does that help you at all? I really don't know what else to say. Thanks

Just FYI, there seems to be an incompatibility between FlashBlock for Firefox and Pandora's Jar. The Jar will load, and you can add "localhost" to allowed sites, but you won't be able to grab any MP3s.

I can give more info if you want, but just download FlashBlock and check it out for yourself.

It never copies the right song, but in my desperate attempts to get it working I figured out that if I hit "grab this song" once, then delete the song it grabs, and hit "grab this song" again, then it grabs the correct song. However, I can't keep doing this so can you please help me? Thanks.

I like the app, but I have a feature request.

Is there any way to incorporate a Lyrc function into the script? Pandora's jar can pull down album and artist information. It would be nice if it displayed lyrics. I know there are already python scripts to do this. Could it be integrated?

"hackling" lol

upload it to a webstorage like http://files.to or anything else

The problem with that is that there is versioning to consider. It isn't the space (or the bandwidth either) it is someone who will keep track of which version does what and why. Also I like to see that the folks who make contributions are being recognised.

That's my take on it.

I apologise for the two weeks it took me to switch ips but going from cable internet to FiOS has been trickier than anticipated (since Verizon blocks port 80 those bastards).

www.wildandbad.com and wildandbad.com both redirect to ww2.wildandbad.com:8181 and because of that can take a second or 30 to get to your page. If you get a 'page cannot be displayed' try reloading, it might be faster next time.

if you want to go directly to the page try the ww2.wildandbad.com:8181 and see if that runs faster for you.

I hesitate to use the LateNightGames as a mirror for this (unless W&B is completely down) since I have pretty strict bandwidth usage there. Anyone else who'd provide an ftp or http mirror for the files is welcome...I'll gladly link them directly.

L0ki - yes, you can shut up now. (joke)

You can still download 7.2 and (most) older versions from wildandbad.com. I've archived them there. Scroll down the page to HISTORY and look for the links on the versions. If you want to try to assemble your own 7.3 repack (which is 7.3 with the 7.2 jar file)

MrDave: Newbe here. Kudos to all who contribed to the grabber! WildAndBad is excellent! One recommendation - when a new release is posted on WildAndBad, can you somehow display release date on the website?