Pandora Timeshifting App: Main Discussion Thread

irieb

I am running Winxp pro sp2 and 7.3 beta as well as 7.3.1 beta. I have the latest firefox 1.5.0.7 and flash 8.00.24. With both versions of pandora jar i hear the songs, (i see the songs and i...>!) the jar downloads the songs with the Right names, but with the wrong song (content). I.e. Say I listen to 'May It Be' by 'whoever' the downloaded song appears as 'May It Be' by 'whoever' but the actual song could be any of the songs i had heard in the last hour.

As well the song details arn't showing up and there seems to be no option to enable them - and yes i looked. But if i can get the song to download that is inconsequential really.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run 7.3.1 and I also get the issues with if I have auto or click rip it generally will rip the song before....

However (I dunno if this would work for everyone)

I tend to run in manual , but if I hit rip and then hit rip another 2-3 times after it's initally ripped it then grabs the correct song...

possible work around for those who are manualy ripping....

Tried everything I've read here...

from pandorasjar.log, I get the following:

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - handling mp3 request

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - locating mp3

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - access file not found trying again after 1 sec

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - access file not found trying again after 1 sec

and so on...

also I notice it gets locked up on:

Fetching ID3 information and tagging MP3 for artist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: When I erased the Save Location field is began working properlyl

I'm also having a problem. I have it set to automatically rip the songs as they play, but the songs come out wrong. For example, a Less Than Jake song will play and the program will save a file. Then a Catch-22 song will play and it will save that file. The problem is that the Less Than Jake file is some song that I don't know, the Catch-22 file is the Less Than Jake song, and the next mp3 the program creates is the Catch-22 song. Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm also having a problem. I have it set to automatically rip the songs as they play, but the songs come out wrong. For example, a Less Than Jake song will play and the program will save a file. Then a Catch-22 song will play and it will save that file. The problem is that the Less Than Jake file is some song that I don't know, the Catch-22 file is the Less Than Jake song, and the next mp3 the program creates is the Catch-22 song. Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm having the exact same issue or something very similar. Only about 1/5 of the songs I save are named/stored correctly...

Apparently this is a common problem?

First of all, Hi to all members and thanks for the good job made about pandora.

Second, sorry for my poor english!!!

Yesterday I spent my time to see what happens in the "temp" directory: pandora creates a directory called plugtmp (and if it already exist, creates plugtmp-1, 2...) and after saves the temp file as plugtmp-1, 2, 3... or plugtmp-x-1, 2, 3... outside its directory. But sometimes it saves the temp file with a numeric name (as 3589931201680373700) within its directory and at this moment pandora jar seems not to find the file and starts to create problems.

I hope that this can be helpful...

Howdy all,

I've been following all of this and am very excited to get this working. I claim to be a reasonably bright guy, but I may be proving differently.

I'm running: Pandora's Jar Ver: 7.3.1 Beta (in FireFox)

I downloaded the latest version of Java.

I had an older version of Flash, so I downloaded and installed Flash 8.0 (but I have to confess, I don't know how to figure out wether FireFox is using it???)

I fire the whole thing up by double clicking: CPandoraPandora.bat

It brings up the "Pandora's Jar" window and the FireFox/Pandora browser.

My music plays as expected.

My settings are:

last.fm settings (user: blank, password: blank, last.fm data: off)

add to itunes library: off

CDDB Lookup: on

Cruise Control: on

Songs before reload: 30

Hide on start: settings: unchecked, info: unchecked.

My log looks like this:

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - localhost connected to server.

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - handling request

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - processing url: GET /process?action=grab&artist=Red%20Hot%20Chili%20Peppers&

title=The%20Zephyr%20Song&album=&genre=&

comment=ripped%20by%20[PaNDoRas%20jAR]%20your%20source

%20for%20listening%20pleasure&year=&cruise=on&albumImgLocaction=&

pandoraUserName=dnrsw@yahoo.com&stationId=&cddbLookUp=on&

addToItunes=off&_= HTTP/1.1

DEBUG Thread-2 server.Server - params found: 14

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - no more mp3 found in dir

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file tmp-1.xpi is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - no more mp3 found in dir

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentTmpMp3(Mp3Processor.java:59)

at util.Mp3Processor.findCurrentMP3(Mp3Processor.java:25)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:31)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

I have been unable to capture an MP3 file as yet. I'd be grateful for any tips. Thanks.

RC

Cooper: Chopped up the long line that messed up the forum layout.

Just replying to my own problem of having Pandora's Jar incorrectly naming my mp3's...

By clearing my cache when I switch stations I have had no problems ripping mp3's. I also believe you should avoid giving a thumbs up during or before the ripping process (at least if you're having issues)...

hope this helps

EDIT/UPDATE: eh, I spoke too soon... still running into issues...

[/size]May have found a solution! Worked for me for the past month!

For those of you have problems with wrong naming-I have a solution that worked one hundred percent for me!

If you change channels, wait for the end of the song!!! I found out that I could change channels, and that had been my problem

that I have been having for a LONG time!! So I tried something; I waited until the end of the song after I changed channels

to rip it, and it works perfectly!! I can change channel after channel and still get the song and naming right!

Hi all,

Wildandbad website doesn't seem to work. I managed to get a cached version and pandora.beta.7.3.1 is listed there as the latest version. I don't know and couldn't find where you guys found the later versions mentioned in this forum.

I could only find beta 7.3 and it has wrong filenaming/duplicate issue. I have doublechecked the installation but no luck. My mp3 folder is full of duplicated and wrong named mp3 files. I didn't even skip songs or change channels. I didn't even pause any song but after 3-4 songs it starts this behaviour.

I have:

• uninstalled flash player 9 and installed v8

installed latest java RE

installed pandora.beta.7.3

installed latest firefox

winXP pro SP2

I also can't see any grab it button in this version, so I had to download all songs in cruise mode. It just messed up.

I wonder if anybody has or knows a better version than beta 7.3 or a fix to this wrong filename and duplicate file issue.

NOTE: I make sure the tmp folder is empty each time before I start included pandora.bat

Thanks.

I'm having the exact same issue or something very similar. Only about 1/5 of the songs I save are named/stored correctly...

Apparently this is a common problem?

Ladies and gentlemen, I have noticed this as well with my own PHP script I wrote to manually rip shit because I was sick of Pandora not doing it right. They made a minor change to the way pandora has been handling now.

It prebuffers the next song it plans on playing, this removes a level of "dynamics" but it fucks with us trying to rip stuff. The only fix to this, is the INSTANT the song starts playing (and downloading), you'll need to hit Grab It and hope for the best. Otherwise, if you're a resourceful son of a bitch like me, and write your own crap to get past bullcrap like what we're getting, when you check for the latest edited file (like i'm doing by checking the UNIX timestamp on my Mac and PC), be sure to set up a second variable 2nd2last, and whenever lastfile is updated, write 2nd2last with lastfile's old contents, and you'll nab the right song every time. Also, to all those unfortuneate souls dealing with this, I will be releasing my script in 2 flavors, a shell script for Linux/Mac, and a windows executable. Yeah, you heard me right, a windows executable. I'll post links and usage instructions a little later once I get home and do a little bit of debugging to port my corrected script over from my Mac to my PC.

Guest t3chn0b0y
I will be releasing my script in 2 flavors, a shell script for Linux/Mac, and a windows executable. Yeah, you heard me right, a windows executable. I'll post links and usage instructions a little later once I get home and do a little bit of debugging to port my corrected script over from my Mac to my PC.

I didnt know there was a linux flavour.. ive tried to run it in linux

to find all the code needed to be changed to work.

Cynagen,

Where the hell were you? Can't wait to see your executable. I hope you can do it man.

LOL:)

Ladies and gentlemen, I have noticed this as well with my own PHP script I wrote to manually rip shit because I was sick of Pandora not doing it right. They made a minor change to the way pandora has been handling now.

It prebuffers the next song it plans on playing, this removes a level of "dynamics" but it fucks with us trying to rip stuff. The only fix to this, is the INSTANT the song starts playing (and downloading), you'll need to hit Grab It and hope for the best. Otherwise, if you're a resourceful son of a bitch like me, and write your own crap to get past bullcrap like what we're getting, when you check for the latest edited file (like i'm doing by checking the UNIX timestamp on my Mac and PC), be sure to set up a second variable 2nd2last, and whenever lastfile is updated, write 2nd2last with lastfile's old contents, and you'll nab the right song every time. Also, to all those unfortuneate souls dealing with this, I will be releasing my script in 2 flavors, a shell script for Linux/Mac, and a windows executable. Yeah, you heard me right, a windows executable. I'll post links and usage instructions a little later once I get home and do a little bit of debugging to port my corrected script over from my Mac to my PC.

Hey, I've scanned the pages for an answer to this, and other than seeing quite a few other people having the same problem, I haven't found an answer that works for me. I'm getting...

I downloaded the latest version of Java and Firefox, and I reckon XP is all up to date too. Any ideas?

Guest t3chn0b0y

I noticed alot of people reporting errors where i don't see them

as error's per say.. pandora.jar sometimes has to attempt to

grab, tag, and store the mp3 into the mp3 folder a few times.

Other issues exist, what ones internet speed is, how long, the

length of the song etc.. longer songs are going to take longer

to download into the cache and therefore it might be making

a few more attempts to grab the mp3, tag it, and copy it to the

mp3 folder.

Ive also gotten a message that the mp3 was not able to rip,

the song finishs playing, the next song gets about 1/2 way done

playing,then the two songs end up renamed,tagged,and copied

over to the mp3 folder. I've checked them, and they are the

exact songs, named,and tagged correctly, even though it

reported it as not being able to rip...

I noticed alot of people reporting errors where i don't see them

as error's per say.. pandora.jar sometimes has to attempt to

grab, tag, and store the mp3 into the mp3 folder a few times.

Other issues exist, what ones internet speed is, how long, the

length of the song etc.. longer songs are going to take longer

to download into the cache and therefore it might be making

a few more attempts to grab the mp3, tag it, and copy it to the

mp3 folder.

Ive also gotten a message that the mp3 was not able to rip,

the song finishs playing, the next song gets about 1/2 way done

playing,then the two songs end up renamed,tagged,and copied

over to the mp3 folder. I've checked them, and they are the

exact songs, named,and tagged correctly, even though it

reported it as not being able to rip...

This is what my script is here to eliminate. Still working on it, i'll do some work on the side to perform triple checking to make sure i'm getting good data, I might even end up including mpg123 with both flavors so it can ask you if you wanna preview 15 seconds of the track to make sure it's properly named. While i'm writing that stuff in, can somebody please dig into pandora's javascript and find grabmp3, and then find out what the javascript is to write stuff to a file on the disk. I'm going to need that to dump important information into my script, otherwise it's manual entry, which is also possible.

Very frustrated....

Just like everyone else, installed the software, did all the required steps, and now I am stuck with a version with mismatched songs (when it works) and stuck messages (when it doesn't). Also, the only version I could find was 7.3 beta. Is there a later version? Or a place to download it? Wildandbad is down but I noticed a mirror at latenightgames. Anyone else mirroring?

for all of you having problems:

Have you tried manually creating the folders "plugtmp-1", "plugtmp-2" etc. up to "plugtmp-10" and rebooting? Try that out!

This problem had been reportet a while ago and it could be solved in that way.

The reason is that "plugtmp-1" got only 9 characters and that could confuse PJ. Pandora will automatically start with a two-digits-number after the "plugtmp-" in the future, so PJ shouldn't get confused because of that anymore!

Please report if that worked out!

And again the call: Can anybody PLEASE host'n'post a Version including all the latest (Java-)fixes that have been posted here?

thanks in advance!

P.S: The ONLY problem I'm running in is that of the first song not being grabbed. I think this will be fixed very easily by someone soon in the future. I don't know much about Java nor can I compile at the moment, otherwise I would do it! ;) So please publish some new fixes If you got 'em!

P.P.S: Oh and don't count "switching channels confuses PJ" as a serious problem! ;-) If you were PandorasJar, you would get confused by that as well, hehe! I think it IS possible to fix that but it will require some more work and time. Just DON'T switch channels or add new title/artist to an existing one! And if you do, IMMEDIATELY refresh the PJ browser page! I mentioned before but I believe that many of those having problems ignored that or didn't read it!

For me, everything else is running well. I just delete the first miss-named song and then I can let it run for hours. Only if there is a temporarily problem with my internet connection and a song needs more time to download than usual, there might occure a miss-naming. But that's obviously not PJ's fault! ;-)

just curious, where do I create those folders you mentioned? Is it just in the pandora folder or in one of the other folders? Thanks a lot for this, I really hope it works.

In the temp folder where pandora stores the tempfiles!

Usually for English language versions of Windows XP this should be

C:Documents & Settings<username>Local SettingsTemp

It's okay if there are already one or more folders of the type "plugtmp-X".

Just make sure there is the full sequence from "plugtmp-1" to "plugtmp-10"!