$ynt4xe770r banned

Darren Kitchen

Sorry I havent been on the forums for a few days. It's been crazy production over here. I wish I could report that its going smoothly but thats another topic. I'm just making this thread to let you guys know that after battling with the angel (freedom of speech) and devil (censorship) I finally decided that $ynt4xe770r just flaimbait so he's been banned.

Sorry if you'll miss his insightful comments like "wh0 w4n7s 4 bJ ft0m diz ch1xx"

Sorry if you'll miss his insightful comments like "wh0 w4n7s 4 bJ ft0m diz ch1xx"

I miss it. I miss it alot.

Just keeding. Think censorship should follow up only on the basis of clearing out unnessiary info. I would have to agree on Darren's call.

after $ynt4xe770r's first stupid post, we dont think we need any more of his comments.

: w00t :

yay finallly...but no forum noob any more....*looks for new noob*

mmm did need to be done even our resident forum pet monkey spectormax evolved in the end.... put we do need a new forum pet monkey...

Spektormax was one of the reasons i didnt ban $ynt4xe770r in the begining. I thought he would eventually grow up. At first I thought even spek was a troll, but once you look past his bad spelling you see that he's an intelligent dude. Anyway I guess your right; the forum is noobless. Maybe it's better that way.

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought that there were just some things that you should keep in mind when being on websites, much like this one. Whilst Syntax contributed some interesting stuff to the forum, and left us all with memories that I'm sure will be hard to deltree, more often than not he pissed off someone with his comments.

There's enough support for this decision already to show that booting Syntax isn't going to cause an imbalance of censorship over free speech in this place, it just kinda increases the average age of the people here.

One of the main things about the Hak.5 forums that I've grown to love is that everyone here is friendly and knows what they're talking about when it comes to their hobby. We don't do what we do to prove that we're the best, and everyone needs help with things that have gone wrong, or tutorials on how to do things that they don't know, but S pushed the wrong buttons with people more often than not, and acted like a typical "l337 g4m3r" (my apologies for that), focusing on pwning noobs, rather than having the more usual attitude of excitement over learning new techniques to make these beasts run better.

All in all, I'd just like to say one thing, in memory to S,

Dick and fart jokes may be funny, but if someone's behind you with a lighter, you're playing with fire. Sorry you had to get booted, and I hope to see you around the forum when you've grown up slightly.

Speaking of noobs growing up and becoming "l337" and PurePwnage: did anyone notice in one episode Jeremy said that he and Doug were once little noobs... Then later he says that you can train a noob(as in teach him stuff) but he'll just be a trained noob. So that means that you're either a noob(or newb... there's a difference(ask me to explain if you like)) or a trained noob. Including Jeremy(but we all no he's no noob).

P.S. Sorry some of my posts seem way off-topic. But they're still very slightly connected to what's already been mentioned.

no your totally right. i dont make the distinction when i type because it's easier to type noob, but basically what it boils down to is that a noob is someone who doesnt know and doesnt care to learn, where as a newb is someone who doesnt know but at least has the will to learn or something like that do i get a cookie for longest sentence in the thread?

No, because you cheated on the punctuation. The first line ended between "something like that" and "do i get".

Should you guys ever visit .nl I will however buy you a beer (or several).