Jobs

haxorflakes

Hey,

I am im school right now and am looking for a few ways to make a few bucks. If anyone has any ideas please post em. Anything that takes no work to moderate work would be great! Thanks

(also post sites if there is one)

I got my job when my Mum went to a cafe and she saw that all the staff were really busy, so she asked the boss if he wanted another employee because she had one sitting at home doing nothing(me). So I went to a interview and got the job, not computer related, but I get paid, entertained(crap it's funny sometimes), work experiance, and feed!

The only places hiring are Fast food, in my town.

I'm just gonna wait till Staples opens up, or something.

Maybe apply at PRMicro, doing the routine hardware checkups.

(People pay upwards of 50$, to have one of the workers blast it with an aircan, and maybe put in some basic cable management)

First off, don't expect to make much money with such a shitty work ethic. Employers look for mature kids with good integrity and motivation.

Second, check around with your municipal government (schools, city offices, etc) for work. Gov't minimum wage isn't much but it's a good way to stay out of McDonald's, and they'll usually hire young. You may even be lucky enough to get a job around your school.

Blockbuster is a nice place to work if you want to do very little for good pay. You'll make about 7-8 dollars and hour and get free video rentals even of pre-release stuff. Pain in the ass to stay for a long time but for a short money making school job they are great. They are also super flexible for school hours.

I'll respect anybody with a job. Period.

I don't care if you're CEO of a multinational, stocking shelves at the local super, cleaning the toilet at some shithole or working on a garbage truck, picking up the trash. It's a job that needs to be done, and someone's paying you to do it. There are assholes out there, sitting on their ass at home watching soaps all day, too proud to take one of the more low-income jobs. Those are the types of people you DON'T want to have working for you, as they think they 'deserve' to make the big bucks.

Everybody ought to work a minimum wage job at some point in their life, if anything to understand and appreciate the value of money.

I don't care if you're CEO of a multinational, stocking shelves at the local super, cleaning the toilet at some shithole or working on a garbage truck, picking up the trash. It's a job that needs to be done, and someone's paying you to do it. There are assholes out there, sitting on their ass at home watching soaps all day, too proud to take one of the more low-income jobs. Those are the types of people you DON'T want to have working for you, as they think they 'deserve' to make the big bucks.

Everybody ought to work a minimum wage job at some point in their life, if anything to understand and appreciate the value of money.

Hear Hear!

• 3 weeks later...

I once had a job busing tables at a steak house for 4 dollars an hour. The only thing I could afford to feed myself for 6 months was ramen noodles and pork and beans.

I don't want to make a linux pub here (oh...juste a little bit :wink: ) but for unemployed guys who want to work in sysadmin stuff linux is a good choice. You can study yourself and try to find a new job in the same time. The last time I was unemployed, I did that and found a job after three months with some linux stuff to do in this job.

I once had a job busing tables at a steak house for 4 dollars an hour. The only thing I could afford to feed myself for 6 months was ramen noodles and pork and beans.

You might want to read this thread, to see what you did wrong:

http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4042

Summarized: You can make yourself a respectable breakfast, lunch and dinner for under a buck a day.

Oh, and I checked back with my sis. Turns out making your own bread is MORE expensive than buying it when you stick to the basic stuff. The cheapest loaf of bread available here is 35 cents (making your own would be 50 cents for the ingredients alone), but you need to be in the shop early to have a fair shot at still finding one on the shelves.

... When you work in a diner, don't you get a discount when you choose to eat there? Over here that certainly is the case. Same with other types of shops. Clothing shops let you buy with 30% off, the supermarket where I used to work would sell us the remaining meat with 50% off at the end of saturday (good thing my parents had a huuuge freezer). Don't american businesses offer similar perks to its employees?