Mark V >5 minute boot up

anthrounit

Just got my Mark V Wifi Pineapple today and I did the instructions. You know insert the SD card, plug it in and wait five minutes. Well five minutes turned into ten. Reading the instructions and messing with the dip switches, all i get is the solid green light then the blinking amber light and thats it. Either its something with these dip switches im not getting or I just bricked the unbrickable pineapple in record time. I am currently looking into the SD card for possible corruption but if anyone has any ideas or similar experiences PLEASE enlighten us all.

Ok here is the update. I have tried every combination possible on the dip switches and nothing is working. Just like before I get a solid green light then the blinking amber light. I didnt wait 5 minutes I waited for 15 thinking maybe it needs more time. I tried connecting it to my home network and directly to my laptop with the cat5 cord and I cant get to the log in page. The wireless does show up and I can connect but I still cant get to the log in screen. trying it without the 1471 port extension at the end gets me a date in 1970. I am officially stumped, I thought this would work out of the box but I found a hiccup.in the boot process.

I dont even get the blue blinking light that says its even booting or even a blue solid light. Just solid green and blinking amber and thats how how ive had it for the past half hour. I dont see the red solid light and I dont see the red blue amber pattern

I copied the files from the 2GB SD card I got with the pineapple to a 4GB SD card I already had. I formatted it FAT32 and the pineapples 2GB SD card was FAT. Would that make a difference? Because now I got a blue light solid then amber solid then all the lights solid and now its blinking blue with solid green and after that its doing the pattern of the 3 colors so it looks like its working now. I just dont see why I can copy the same files to a different card without going to wifipineapples.com and getting another copy. So that makes me think FAT vs FAT32 probably was the problem.

I copied the same files to my computer and formatted the 2GB card as FAT32 then copied them back and its working just find now. Having some difficulties now with plugging it into my home network and getting to the log in page so im trying to configure it without a cat5 connection and I am trying to use client mode on the network settings but I am trying to get the infusions list to add stuff on here. so far no luck with that. blue light comes on then goes off then back on again but its not blinking

• 1 month later...

My MK V came today -- same behavior as OP with the amber "searching" LED. I tried both reformatting FAT, adding md5 files with hash, and downloading upgrade.bin (renamed from versioned filename) on the original uSD card and another I had. Still the same issue. Also tried FAT32 from W8.1. Next step? The MK V is right out of the box, so I haven't even had a chance to try to brick it yet, but is the unbricking procedure next or is there something else to try?

TIA,

d

Edited by d00d

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to *bump this one. Got my V recently, went to initial boot and ended up with sometimes constant search but mostly solid red (bad upgrade files). I reformatted supplied card and reloaded files twice with no luck. I tried one of my SDs and it worked first time.

Thoughts: I use microSD as pendrives but, like some thumb drives, I have noticed not all can be booted from. Could this be the case with the latest supply of microSDs?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, My first post here and just for reference and to help others out.

I got my V last December and got trouble running it for the first time (solid green and solid red)

followed some instructions mentioned above but was unable to get it working.

I opened the md5 checksum file on notepad and based on it I got the 1.0.3 version (which is not the latest as of the moment)

So here are the steps that worked.:

1. Download latest firmware 1.0.4

1. backup the files on my sdcard (upgrade.bin and md5) to my computer

2. reformat the supplied sdcard.

3. unzip the latest firmware and copy the content to the sdcard.

4. insert sdcard to V and plug in the power.

Hope this works for you!

To Hak5 team, No worries. Keep it up! Now let me go back to my V. :D

Wow. out of the box problems seem to be more common than I would have expected. Maybe the folks at Hak5 could do the firmware update step themselves, before shipping, just to make sure everything is working?

I just received my Pineapple Mark V today. Popped in the SD card, plugged it in to power, and went to dinner. 45 minutes later, and I have a solid green, blue and red light. I'm minorly concerned about what to do next.

Solid Green = Powered. OK

Solid Red = md5sum mistmatch - bugger, but I can rebuild the SD card and try again, right?

Solid Blue = Flash in progress. DO NOT UNPLUG. - WTF now?

Do I ignore the ALL CAPS warning on the firmware notes?

I don't get people that set it up and then leave it do its thing.

I always am usually watching it boot up so if it doesn't boot up, I can tell where it went wrong.

The firmware is up to date for the most part, it was missing 2 of the system infusions but that was about it.

I'm guessing they have a bunch of card readers or something and do a mass copy for a few hours a day maybe?

• 1 month later...

I have to ask, you never know...

1. Did any of you who bought the Mark V happen to also buy a Juice battery with it? If so, consider reading on to point 2.

2. In your excitement unboxing both the battery and the Mark V, lacking Due Diligence, maybe not consider both adapters have different voltages and amps although have the same size connector ?

I know its an elementary question but the wrong voltages can likely cause undesired operational effects, not to mention, damage the device...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. Receive my new (second) pineapple V today.

Inserted card and powered on. Got a solid green light and a flashing amber. After waiting over one hour I removed the power and inserted the original card from my first pineapple. After waiting a second hour all I have is a solid green light and a flashing amber.

I do not see how the problem can be the card. I would think that the problems has to be with the brand new out of the box pineapple.

Hi

I thought I would add to this thread, I am having the same issue with my new replacement pineapple (last one was fried after a wetware issue and a usb battery pack).

I have a flashing amber light and a solid green.

Steps taken so far

I have changed the SD card for another

Formatted and re downloaded the upgrade.bin md5 files both 1.1 and 1.04

Performed the bricked reflash procedure

No luck

I can see the pineapple via ssh but this is only the MK5 Stager shell

Would love to get this working as I need to use it in a demo next week....