Just ordered the Mark V

shoeless89

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great way to launch the new product!! I'm new to Hak5, the Pineapple, and the Rubber Ducky. I ordered one Saturday night right after the announcement, I was hooked right away. I've been researching and was ready to buy one this past week, I'm so happy I waited.

I had to get the travel case and the Rubber Ducky. Looks like they sold out of several versions of the Rubber Ducky, is there a new one on the way? Guess time will tell.

Looking forward to learning a lot from the Mark V and these forums.

antidump. There was no manual or instructions on the box :(. Could you post the instructions, I couldn't get it to boot, so I thought it was because of the SD card.

I connected the MK5 with AC dapter and ethernet cable to my computer > The pineapple boots > all the lights turn on then off > the green light stays on > > after waiting for more than 10 minutes no changes on the lights, only a solid green.

antidump. There was no manual or instructions on the box :(. Could you post the instructions, I couldn't get it to boot, so I thought it was because of the SD card.

I connected the MK5 with AC dapter and ethernet cable to my computer > The pineapple boots > all the lights turn on then off > the green light stays on > > after waiting for more than 10 minutes no changes on the lights, only a solid green.

I am assuming you don't have an SD card inserted.

There must have been a mess-up and some of the units were sold without manual and SD card. If you want to get started right away, I will be uploading an image of the files on the SD card soon.

The problem is, the files on the SD card are vital and make the Pineapple work. Once installed, they get erased.

Sorry about this.

I had to get the travel case and the Rubber Ducky. Looks like they sold out of several versions of the Rubber Ducky, is there a new one on the way? Guess time will tell.

To my knowledge there is no new rubber ducky. It probably just sold out because they had no in stock.

And welcome to the forums! :)

Are you going to be able to keep up with the orders? I ordered mine last-night too.

Yes, we're keeping up. Made sure of it. We have the inventory coming in on a regular basis from our factory. The biggest challenge at this point is keeping the

Can you say anything/something new'ish about Karma in this firmware and how broadcast probes from newish devices running android 4.3 or iOS6-7 are picked up/handled, and if the Jasager functionality works ?

The landscape changes and we adapt. The new hardware opens a world of possibilities for more advanced attacks. We'll be getting into it more on the live stream Wednesday and we want everyone to be a part of this next generation.

does anyone know for sure if the case for the elite package is the pelican 1120?

(sorry for posting it here but i didn't want to open a new topic just for that..)

It is an 1120. Way more rugged than the 1050 and fits batteries galore... See below:

I'm curious about that "crazy battery life", 64 hours of battery or am i wrong? We need more details!

That's a conservative number. Run your own benchmarks. I spent a lot of time researching and testing batteries from multiple vendors and am finally very happy with our new partner. These 12v bricks are fantastic. I did the tests 3 times on each and averaged because at first I didn't believe the results. Each time with the pineapple doing more and more stressful tasks - constantly calculating Pi and rx/tx over eth and wlan. Both amazed at the runtime of the batts and stability of the mk5 hardware. I think you'll be pleased.

I got my Pineapple the same night it came out, but my box was missing the SD card, Antennas, and manuals :( I drank all the booze :D ,so I didn't even noticed.

Hopefully I can get the missing items later today, or tomorrow. Can't wait to hack all the things!

I'm missing the SD card and instructions too - looking forward to the SD card image so that I can get up and running - was thinking I'd have to wait until an SD card was mailed to me!

Guys we're so sorry this shouldn't have happened. We'll be sending you the missing items asap. Please contact shop@hak5.org and see https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/30511-missing-manual-or-firmware-card-from-saturday-launch-event/

The landscape changes and we adapt. The new hardware opens a world of possibilities for more advanced attacks. We'll be getting into it more on the live stream Wednesday and we want everyone to be a part of this next generation.

So its some chip or something in this new hardware (Mark 5) that enables Karma/Jasager to say 'Yes, i'm your network' to new devices/smartphones running recent versions of their operating system.

I bought the WiFi Pineapple Mark IV Pro for $149.99 early september, and since this hardware apparently isnt capable of making Karma/Jasager work with Android 4.3 nor IOS 6 or 7 (but reading the Hak5 shop description of the wifi pineapple, I belived it would) will the Hak5 team/shop do trade-in's so I and other customers that bought this device in 2013 can return Mark IV's that worked properly in 2011, and get this new upgraded hardware that enables Karma/Jasager to work ?

I'm sure someone said its something to do with the way karma responds, so guess it would be on a software level. I would guess it would be more financially viable to patch the mk4 software and release a upgrade.

The pineapple MK4 is still a good piece of kit, and I hope development either by the team or the community continues, not trading mine in!

I'm sure someone said its something to do with the way karma responds, so guess it would be on a software level. I would guess it would be more financially viable to patch the mk4 software and release a upgrade.

The pineapple MK4 is still a good piece of kit, and I hope development either by the team or the community continues, not trading mine in!

My first thoughts too, but seeing 'new hardware opens a world of possibilities' I got a feeling they rather sell us the new hardware than patching the old hardware.

I got a notification this morning that mine has shipped. Hopefully I'll have it by Friday for some weekend fun. :ph34r:

Yup, same here. Got the email this morning.

Looking forward for some pineapple fun! :D

I tried to order a Mark V few days ago but it said "Unfortunately there is no Shipping Rate available for your destination and/or weight of your cart." I understand that there are laws that prevent ppl to shipping Mark V to some countries, but I believe it's not the case for my country.

I sent an email to shop@hak5.org and suggested some workaround for my order but got no luck so far.

Hope the team can sort this out soon :)

Edited by harry