Hak5 Forums
no42

[Firmware] Introducing "Twin Duck"

no42   

Introducing the latest Composite Firmware - Codename : The Twin Duck

The Ducky primarily acts as a USB Mass Storage Device, and on a click of the button will start emulating a Keyboard.

Its multi-OS, multi-lingual and comes in three flavours:

• c_duck_v2.hex - Supports DuckyScript as HID payload, triggered automatically and on GPIO (limited instructions)
  • c_duck_v2_S001.hex - Triggered on CAPS/NUM/SCROLL LOCK
  • c_duck_v2_S002.hex - Triggered on Ducky's GPIO only!

Depending on your circumstances, you may want to use either one of these available firmwares.

Downloads
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Please test and post feedback here.

Snake

Edited by midnitesnake
Recent Developments
  • Upvote 1

Thank you! Happy new year!

Edited by Pwnd2Pwnr

madhak   

Hi Guys, I tought I would share some of my experience with the USB rubber ducky with the twinduck firmware.

It can come very handy but it come with some disavantage;

-SD card get corupted from time to time so it need a format once in a while (but I never clean eject mass storage so maybe I'm to blame for this one ;)

-SD card access is very slow, about 70Kbps so executing large file take a while

-The payload stored on the SD card will execute faster is the SD card is smaller, count about 1sec to initialise for every GB of total storage on the card, so keep it as small as you need

You can easily write a shell script that will locate the SD card by its volume name and execute more complex payload from there so your duck script can be shorter.

I also created a folder with script to move the desired payload from a library of .bin file to the root of the card. also after each payload, I call a script that will put the hello world payload back in the root so I can plug it safely on my computer to select the desired payload.

Keep up the good work, I was hoping there is something to do to make the mass storage part a bit faster, at least to spec with usb 1.0?

Thanks

no42   

Speed is limited to the open source spi protocol, the connection interface to the sdcard. Sd has its own proprietary interface/protocol which is faster but costs $$$. This would affect licensing and cost of ducky. Trying to keep software as freeware & open source as much as possible.

I'm afraid you'll have to live with slow speed.

Corruption - never had problem, 1st sdcard was faulty , replacement still working fine.

Sdcard loading times, your right smaller the quicker. I get by with cheap 256/512mb.

Edited by midnitesnake
  • Upvote 1

no42   

Just reminding folks on some of the different flavours of the firmware that are already available.

kylls   

Hi, I need the source of c_duck_v2_S001.hex to recompile, where are?

Introducing the latest Composite Firmware - Codename : The Twin Duck

The Ducky primarily acts as a USB Mass Storage Device, and on a click of the button will start emulating a Keyboard.

Its multi-OS, multi-lingual and comes in three flavours:

• c_duck_v2.hex - Supports DuckyScript as HID payload, triggered automatically and on GPIO (limited instructions)
  • c_duck_v2_S001.hex - Triggered on CAPS/NUM/SCROLL LOCK
  • c_duck_v2_S002.hex - Triggered on Ducky's GPIO only!

Depending on your circumstances, you may want to use either one of these available firmwares.

Downloads
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Please test and post feedback here.

Snake

The Twin Duck firmware is nothing short of amazing. It makes the USB Rubber Ducky show up as both a HID Keyboard and Mass Storage - just like a regular USB drive. There are a few limitations, but nothing that hinders this payload. Specifically the Twin Duck is only capable of executing payloads of 2048 keystrokes (4K inject.bin files). It also only supports a transfer speed of about 150 KB/s - which is about 9 megabytes per minute. That said it is a fantastic firmware perfect for this situation.

S:D   

Hey guys i hope you can help me...

i'm trying to use firmware : c_duck_v2.1.hex  

everything was successful and i get green-red light which says that i'm using the Rucbber Ducky as Twin Rubber Ducky.

But after i insert the SD card and plug the USB in my PC the payload does not start to run it just blinks green and red and nothing happens..

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

On 03/03/2017 at 1:36 PM, S:D said:

Hey guys i hope you can help me...

i'm trying to use firmware : c_duck_v2.1.hex  

everything was successful and i get green-red light which says that i'm using the Rucbber Ducky as Twin Rubber Ducky.

But after i insert the SD card and plug the USB in my PC the payload does not start to run it just blinks green and red and nothing happens..

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

You probably need - like me - using this firmware version (c_duck_v2.hex). The c_duck_v2.1.hex  doesn't seems to work for me too.