Mk3: Atheros Based Files To Flash

yah bro, i finally got an ssh connection. so im inside the pineapple now.

edit the ssid as far as what bro ?

someone said they couldnt change the SSID and/or it still was openwrt, instead of using the GUI from WebIF which i have seen people have issues changing their settings, use the command line instead to change the security, SSID, TXPower, Turbo and Diversity options. If the GUI aint working then go commando line!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, i was having the same exact issue

my only issue at this point is why ngrep isn't showing any data

Make sure you configure ngrep correctly. As far as I know the current config fails for me too.

I will add it to my list of fixes. See the front page for a list of upcoming fixes.

Regards,

Seb

I have released an untested beta which should fix a bit of lag and should fix the WIFI.

The link can be be found in the first post.

Having had a long day and wanting to get to bed, I thought I would post it if someone wants to try it out.

Let me know if it works or if there are still errors.

Note: WIFI led has not been fixed yet.

If the beta works fine I will add some final fixes tomorrow and post that up.

Regards,

Sebkinne

Edited by sebkinne

i seem to be having some bullshit ICS issues with windows.. i dont know shit about how to share the internet with my router from my wifi. i hit the advanced tab and did " share " but it doesn't work. only works in linux when i do it. and "clear cache" seems to only add to the file an echo of '' and it's not saving the file.

and one last thing about karma:

Successful association of 00:07:ab:7f:f5:bc

Checking SSID for start of association, pass through ................................

Successful association of 00:11:22:33:44:55

Checking SSID for start of association, pass through ................................

Successful association of 00:11:22:33:44:55

this kinda sucks, i thought that airmon shows karma the SSID's and karma mimic's them ?

Edited by allisonmagic

as listed in the reply that reply was for crash

hehe, was kind of you to point me in that direction, but i was actually giving feedback to seb' so that he would know what problems there where in his image.. im not a GUI guy when it comes to routers... im a CISCO guy :P

Seb>> i have tried the beta, and here is what i found:

1. still cant connect to the standart SSID (pineapple)

2. after starting karma there is no problems connecting and getting ip.

3. When disabling karma the it disables the interface completly, and dont setup the standart SSID again.

personally im going to set karma to always start, so not a problem for me, but migth be for others :)

Edited by httpCRASH

So what exactly is this for? http://wifipineapple.com/doku.php?id=guide_for_flashing_compiled_mark_iii_firmware to make a Ap51 into a pineapple? Thanks.

subject of this tread says it all...

"Mk3: Atheros Based Files To Flash (om1p) -- Flash files should work on other atheros based routers." :P

and if you read the tread you will see that you can flash both MK1 MK2 and MK3 with this.. so it will also work for AP51 ;)

i have both FON2100 and a AP51 running with this firmware now..

Edited by httpCRASH

subject of this tread says it all...

"Mk3: Atheros Based Files To Flash (om1p) -- Flash files should work on other atheros based routers." :P

and if you read the tread you will see that you can flash both MK1 MK2 and MK3 with this.. so it will also work for AP51 ;)

i have both FON2100 and a AP51 running with this firmware now..

Crash has it spot on!

In the process of flashing this firmware on my 2100, 2201, OMP1P, OMP2P, and Open Mesh 3201A, ill let you all know what happens and post the "tested on" in the steps on wifipineapple.com. my army must be upgraded!

I just need to ask.. for what setup do you need that many minions? :D

I just got done flashing 8 Fon 2100's, an OMP1, and a 2201, if anyone thinks or wants a tutorial like the MarkII one with screen shots, another way to flash other then redboot i would be happy to create one when i get to the next router. Still have about 12 to go, i have used serveral tools that all produce the same result and all flash's have been successful