Mk3: Atheros Based Files To Flash

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wifipineapple.com has been updated

i just followed that guide.. it needs to be modified a little, there are 2 lines missing a break in the mittle..

it says load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma fis create -e 0x80041000 -r 0x80041000 linux

and should say

load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma

fis create -e 0x80041000 -r 0x80041000 linux

and the same for the other file..

and mayby change the second line to:

fis create -e 0x80041000 -r 0x80041000 vmlinux.bin.l7

(or change the boot script) :)

EDIT: and YES, it just worked for my MK3

so i was missing the rigth values for fis create yesterday, with the ones from wifipineapple.com the MK3 install was pice of cake.. :D

there is ofcourse still the "openwrt" SSID error, but seb said he was working on that, so i would say this works perfect...

Edited by httpCRASH

i just followed that guide.. it needs to be modified a little, there are 2 lines missing a break in the mittle..

it says load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma fis create -e 0x80041000 -r 0x80041000 linux

and should say

(or change the boot script)

so i was missing the rigth values for fis create yesterday, with the ones from wifipineapple.com the MK3 install was pice of cake..

there is ofcourse still the "openwrt" SSID error, but seb said he was working on that, so i would say this works perfect...

If you check my post #2 in the beginning, you will see that the spacing is correct there.

The guide has the values I posted, so yeah, I was wondering why people said it didn't work.

@Alison, it should work, and as you can see httpCRASH got it working.

Regards,

Seb

Edited by sebkinne

If you check my post in the beginning, you will see that the spacing is correct there.

Regards,

Seb

damm... overlooked that entirely... sorry mann.. didnt see that you already had the rigth values for fis create in this threat.. :blink:

but still had to change the second line to:

and should say

so i was missing the rigth values for fis create yesterday, with the ones from wifipineapple.com the MK3 install was pice of cake.. :D

wich method did you use ? cause i flashed mine and i cannot access telnet or ssh on my router

Edited by allisonmagic

interesting.. yah your right they updated the wifipinapple page.. im gonna go give it a try

The page holds the information contained in Post 1 and Post 2 here, so as far as I know it should work.

Alos, httpCrash, the instructions for microRedboot differ slightly. They require it to be:

Instead of

Edited by sebkinne

The page holds the information contained in Post 1 and Post 2 here, so as far as I know it should work.

Alos, httpCrash, the instructions for microRedboot differ slightly. They require it to be:

Instead of

okay.. just wanted to point out that when i blindly followed the guide (yes i know, think think think) and used the linux i ended up with a pineapple that would not boot,

but just stop at redboot..

after changing it to vmlinux.bin.l7 i got a working MK3

wich method did you use ? cause i flashed mine and i cannot access telnet or ssh on my router

set your computers interface to 192.168.0.100

start a ping -t 192.168.0.1

connect pineapple to power

when you see the first ping reply telnet to 192.168.0.1 port 9000 (have telnet ready so you can telnet excact when you see the ping)

now you are in redboot...

then follow seb's guide in the start of this threath

Seb>> it still amazes me that you have been able to install all the pakages, and still have 3,7MB of free space, is your surname potter? :D

Edited by httpCRASH

Flashing Instructions:

Method 1:

Download an app called Freifunk EasyFlash and use this to flash. It automates the process for you and gives clear instructions.

Method 2 - Redboot:

Credits to Digininja for the script:

Just follow the instructions here http://www.digininja...nstallation.php

Method 3 - Manual way:

If you decide to do this, you know what you are doing. There is no need for me to explain.

Method 4 - If you have microRedboot:

1. Boot your router into redboot (OM1P: Disconnect from power, hold reset button, reconnect, keep holding for 2 seconds, release).

2. Set your interface's IP to 192.168.0.100 (ethernet interface)

3. Telnet into 192.168.0.1 port 9999

4. Set up a TFTP server (plenty of guides out there)

5. Follow these instructions:

#Redboot reflash guide

ip_address -h 192.168.0.100
fis init

#Load and flash the kernel

If you have the normal redboot please use the following line:

#Load and flash the filesystem
#This can take 5 minutes or more

load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} openwrt-atheros-root.squashfs
fis create -l 0x6E0000 rootfs

reset

I will be neatening this up and adding more detail later. This is just to get you guys started!

Regards,

Sebkinne

So using method 2 following the instructions from http://www.digininja...nstallation.php, when done how do you add back the add-ons like airodump and the other pieces of software?

I would appreciate it if you would edit your posts, otherwise this thread gets so cluttered no one will find anything anymore.

There is no need for telnet, SSH is enabled from boot.

Regards,

Sebkinne

sorry about that.. well ok i got it working.. cannot ssh into it, it shows OpenWrt in my wifi settings on my iphone, so i see the router broadcasting but i dont see the wireless light on the router, i checked back in this forum and noticed someone else having the same problem and it seems like it was never fixed.. im able to sniff traffic, and when i turn on mk3 in the web interface it shows " internet " in my iphone. however it doesn't allow internet access but dsniff can see all the traffic as well... so it's basically an issue of no ssh and no wireless internet for my clients and no wifi light on my router..

So using method 2 following the instructions from http://www.digininja...nstallation.php, when done how do you add back the add-ons like airodump and the other pieces of software?

When you say "done" you mean booted into the firmware?

If so, "opkg install <package name>"

Most packages are installed already though.

sorry about that.. well ok i got it working.. cannot ssh into it, it shows OpenWrt in my wifi settings on my iphone, so i see the router broadcasting but i dont see the wireless light on the router, i checked back in this forum and noticed someone else having the same problem and it seems like it was never fixed.. im able to sniff traffic, and when i turn on mk3 in the web interface it shows " internet " in my iphone. however it doesn't allow internet access but dsniff can see all the traffic as well... so it's basically an issue of no ssh and no wireless internet for my clients and no wifi light on my router..

How are you connected to the router?

The "OpenWRT" Wifi issue is almost resolved, I am just working out a couple more kinks.

You should still be able to SSH in, that is the first I hear of it not working..

About the wifi light, that may not even turn on, I would have to script that in. Could someone with a working MK3 confirm?

Best, Seb

Edited by sebkinne

and should say

wifipineapple.com has been corrected by seb

do what i do to edit the SSID

vi /etc/config/wireless

screw that GUI crap! command line for the win!!!

The "OpenWRT" Wifi issue is almost resolved, I am just working out a couple more kinks.

You should still be able to SSH in, that is the first I hear of it not working..

About the wifi light, that may not even turn on, I would have to script that in. Could someone with a working MK3 confirm?

Best, Seb

im also missing ligth in the wifi led.... but thats a minor bug.. :)

Best, Seb

Cool thanks.

still unable to connect to the pineapple's wifi with my iphone...but SSH works lol

EDIT : ok cool. internet works, karma works, everything works great ! soon as i activate karma, im able to get online with my iphone. it changes to " internet " as the ssid but that's cool for now. everything is working excellent. just the WLAN light is not turned on, on the pineapple.

edit: internet is extremely slow for some reason lol

GREAT WORK GUYS, THANK YOU !

Edited by allisonmagic